• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for Graphic designers and Coders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, my nickname is Veltress, and I am lobbing here for RP project Tranquillien.

We started looking for some graphic designer, which we need mostly; coders, and other posts. Base team is czech or slovak, but we want to look somewhere new for some new support-Comunication isn’t problem.

Now I will shortly bring you to our project. Roughly year ago we started develop free server for World of Warcraft, designed for Role Playing. We abadoned this plan, because we couldn’t change DBC, so it was too narrow-minded.

Then we were looking for some free engine, but all what we found were engines for FPS games, etc. Finally there was an engine for MMORPG-NeL (Engine for game Ryzom). Developers of this engine can help with our project by advices, but we need team, which can develop proper game.

The game itself (If we’ll be able to finish it) will be RP-based game. I am sure you know what it means, so that I will not write here. Because it is totally clear space for us, we can do, what we want.
We haven’t got complete story for now, but it doesn’t matter-First we will need to analyze this engine and do common basics, then we can do new things.

We haven’t got 80% of models for new game-because of this we need Graphic designers at first! With NeL (Engine) are available tens of utilites for 3D and 2D graphics.

Beside Graphic designers we are looking for C++ coders and minimal number of SQL coders.

Specification of NeL itself:
1) Written in C++
2) Scripts in LUA
3) Uses DB MySQL
4) Graphics in DirectX or OpenGL
5) Sound in DirectSound, FMOD, OpenAL a XAudio2.
6) Own patching system

Advantages of NeL:
1) Implementing of any libraries.
2) 100% free, we can change everything.
3) Runs under licence AGPL.
4) C++ a LUA are as at MaNGoSu basic scripting languages.
5) OpenGL and DirectX – game can be played on Linux and MAC too.
6) Average graphic engine .
7) Web aplication, which contains many things – from checking processors of NeL to deleting accounts.
8) Lower system requirements and and attachment as WoW have.

Disadvantages of NeL:
1) Unknown code for developers-Needs to be analyzed first.
2) Average difficulty of installation and update.
3) We must create 80% of models. From figures to objects. So because of this we are mostly looking for graphic designers.
4) Long time work. Whis is something completely new, it will be long way..

We want to create new game-New world for Role Playing gamers, to start new line of free games specialized for Role Playing. Will you help us?

If you are interested by this and you are someone, who we need, please contact us:

Dark Hunter
E-Mail: [email protected]

Veltress
E-Mail: [email protected]

If you are interested by this, but you aren’t someone, who we need, please contact someone, who we need, and share this.

Thanks for reading, Veltress.

Status
Not open for further replies.