• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Closed) Orc Sub-Hero(es)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Why dont you make it like this
Level 1: Thrall + Nazgrell withuot wolf
Level 2: Thrall + Nazgrell withuot wolf
Level 3: Thrall + Nazgrell with wolf
Level 4: Grom + Nazgrell with wolf
it woud be like he got a wolf from the wolfrider of warsong

Last edited:
Level 12
Actually it's like this:

- O1 - Thrall & Nazgrel THEN Thrall & Cairne
- O2 - Thrall & Cairne
- O3 - Thrall & Nazgrel (Grom possibly controlled by a 3rd player)
- O4 - Grom & Nazgrel
- O5 - Grom & Nazgrel
- O6 - Thrall & Cairne
- O7 - Thrall & Cairne
- O8 - Thrall & Cairne (Jaina possibly controlled by a 3rd player)

Though I don't know if Spoon will change the model halfway through the campaign, it's up to him.

Level 2
and what will hapen when he becomes normal again and when he becomes fel will he be ever seen again like in the last map as a guard of grom or soomething

Level 2
thats a nice idea which i was saying all the time
in that last mission does grom reincarnate if you accidently kill him?

Last edited:
Level 8
If those last two comments were directed toward me.... i know they are talking about the campaign. I played the human one. I just thought id suggest like some short secret mission or prelude to the opening cinematic with Rexxer meeting mogrin dying.

I only managed getting to Page 6, and I have to point this out. Thrall sent the Warsongs into Ashenvale, and adding Nazgrel into those areas doesn't seem accurate. If anything, that Grunt who kept speaking out against Hellscream should be a hero, maybe a general or something, obviously with a souped up model. You won't have to add a new character, just take any random Orcish name and give the Grunt Hero that. I'd be more than happy to do up a model for this Grunt aswell.

Since he's just a random character, you could corrupt him and still keep to the story, allowing for a single Soul Gem. In addition, it wouldn't really matter if he died.

Hell, I could list off all the possibilities right off for the Undead campaign right now, if you want.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
This is what I've decided - I understand some of you may not like this, but this is how I'm gonna do it.

HEROES FOR EACH LEVEL:
- O1 - Thrall & Nazgrel THEN Thrall & Cairne
- O2 - Thrall & Cairne
- O3 - Thrall & Nazgrel
- O4 - Grom & Nazgrel
- O5 - Grom & Nazgrel
- O6 - Thrall & Cairne
- O7 - Thrall & Cairne
- O8 - Thrall & Cairne

BUT WHY IS NAZGREL GOING WITH GROM?:
To keep an eye on him - however Nazgrel is known to be quite hot headed like Grom, and goes with the plan to drink from the fountain.

SO WHAT HAPPENS IN THE LAST MISSION?:
Nazgrel is an optional hero in the map that you can choose to rescue using the Soul Gem (quite far away from Grom) - who becomes a usable hero for the remainder of the mission.
The battle with Grom will be quite a bit harder in insane mode so you'll probably need him!

SO WHAT KIND OF HERO IS NAZGREL?:
Class name: War Seer (Melee, STR)
Model(s): Normal Fel
Spells:
- Call of Thunder - Strikes the ground at the target location after 3 seconds - dealing AoE damage. Purges all targets.
- Flame Blades - Nazgrel's attacks for the next 15 seconds cause splash damage and extra damage.
- Protective Earth - Target ally recieves bonus armor and health regeneration.
(NO ULTIMATE SPELL)
Spells (Fel):
- Burning Meteor - Strikes the ground at the target location after 3 seconds - dealing AoE damage. Stuns all targets.
- Flame Blades - Nazgrel's attacks for the next 15 seconds cause splash damage and extra damage.
- Crippling Fear - Target enemy suffers reduced attack and movement speed.
(NO ULTIMATE SPELL)

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
(I apologise for double post, but it is for notification reasons)

I've completed the Nazgrel hero - take a look here:
The map is only 1 player at the moment I'm afraid.

I'm happy with the hero - except the buff/effect for Earth Protection.

Attachments

• Orc01.w3x
    469.5 KB · Views: 2,619
Level 21
I'm not really sure having Nazgrel, turning into a Chaos Orc, and it doesn't make any sense to do it.
Not saying its a bad idea at all mind you, but do you know that Grom could have his own Warsong Raider Hero?

Level 21
Just tested out the map and be sure to leave Nazgrel's own voice set for the hero, and what will be the ultimate for him?

Level 2
naa i think in the grom chapter he would be lvl 6 (cuz chapter 5 grom and nazgrel would be on lvl 6) so i would recomend you add an ult to nazgrel, appart of this you are thinking on the possibility to add him on the last chapter and use him to save grom with him so i would think i would fine add him an ultimate.

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Well, bearing in mind he'll already be getting 2 new spells on that level when he changes Fel.
So theres not really any point in designing one specifically to non fel.
And he'd ONLY be able to use it on that level.
So I'm unsure.

EDIT:
For the moment I've decided there will be no ulti spell.
Perhaps I will reconsider after I've tested the gameplay of the level, but in my opinion it won't be necessary.

If you wish to discuss anything about Nazgrel or the orc Campaign in general please see the other thread.
Some posts from this thread have already been moved there!
THREAD CLOSED!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.