• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{CLOSED} Change-Log: N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Once it's fully functional (When all spells are completed for each class) I'll get a screenshot of it in-game. But basicly it's floating text above/next to your character and it's a timer that counts down to 0.00 seconds. The time displayed when a spell is casted depends what the duration of the spell is.

For example, if you're casting a spell that takes 6.00 seconds to channel, the floating text will appear above your character and will start from 6.00, and down to 0.00. When it the timer hits 0.00, the spell is casted. And yes, there are visual effects on the hands as well as the spell being casted. So it's pretty WoW like. Will we add a casting bar? That is very unlikely. But with the possibilities that WarSoc has to offer, after it's release, it is much more likely that we'll have it. Although I'm not positive about it so don't take my word for it.
~Craka_J

Level 9
New question: You have alot of of the classes being "revamped." What exactly does this mean...? In the last open Beta, most of the classes weren't very alike to their real WoW counterparts...have you redone the classes to make them closer to WoW's, or just to have better balance?

Level 25
Revamping pretty much means to redo, to replace, or to reconstruct. Something like that. What we're doing is remaking all spells for each class to be as accurate as we can make them to WoW's spells. The only degrading part about spells being accurately made is that WoW spells do a lot of damage (Spells can sometimes crit for over 6,000 damage!) and may make gameplay a bit unbalanced. But we'll worry about balancing issues in the next Open Beta.
~Craka_J

Level 34
I'm guessing it will be a while longer. According to Craka, the project hasn't been going very quickly.

Level 25
A new virus has been made. First, it is started by downloading some odd file, but does nothing. But then when you sign on MSN or some other Messanger, it will send the virus itself to all of your friends instantly as a file such as "Image101". It is usually as a compressed file and a very low filesize, making it very quick to download. The virus does not start its actions until you actually unzip the file. But once it is unzipped, it will attack instantly and give you errors. Later on, when you're not expecting it, you'll be on MSN and then it sends itself again to everyone, your PC freezes as it does its job and lets you watch. It even sends you to awkward websites with messages like: "Check out my myspace! It is so cool!" in google or something. A clever virus, and I can't seem to get rid of it yet. Time to run a full scan.

I highly advise you delete the file that was sent and run a full virus scan, scan disk, and defragmenter. Anything else to prevent the virus from attacking is necessary since This seems to be a tough virus.

Sorry, for sending the virus. The virus disabled my keyboard and mouse, thus I could not do anything but shut down my PC immediately. But you downloaded the file really fast so I couldn't do anything.

But enough of this, time to talk about the beta: I'm still grounded and cannot get on the PC with WC3 on Wc3:WoW on it. Therefore I cannot do much to ensure that the Closed Beta is launched this weekend. But I am trying very hard still to get it out there. So beta testers, keep your fingers crossed!
~Craka_J

Level 25
No idea. But I really want to get the second Closed Beta (First Closed Beta was more of a give-away a few months ago) released some time this week, or better yet, today! These sorts of things never happen according to plan for some reason but I'm trying really hard to keep the team motivated and to get this stuff done and over with that way our Closed Beta Testers can have something to do.

@Closed Beta Testers: Also keep in mind that if you do not report bugs, ideas, suggestions and other problems with Wc3:WoW, you will be removed from the Closed Beta list. Being a beta tester is a privilage, but requires a small price to be paid (Helping us out with finding bugs and glitches) in order to keep this privilage.
~Craka_J

Level 3
Hows the upcoming open Beta coming / Hows it going with it ?
And is my signature too big ? :O

EDIT1: It dosen't fit right in :O :p
EDIT2: Deleted it ^^

Level 25
The closed beta will most likely be released today. When today, I do not know. It may also be released tomorrow instead because there's been a couple technical malfunctions with importing the new triggers and spells into the campaign.
~Craka_J

Level 25
I had to remove the "Talent System" from the change-log since it will no longer be featured in the upcoming beta. There still is a very, very, slight chance that it will be in the mod, but extremely doubtful. This is due to it being hard to make in the first place, all spells are not completed for the campaign yet either which triples the difficulty of this being made well, and vJASS doesn't comply with Campaigns apparently so that is out of the question until there is a solution for vJASS to work with campaigns.

Most likely however, the Talent System will be in the Open Beta after this one. We apologize for this great loss! Again it is not definite yet, but certainly very probable.
~Craka_J

Level 25
That is also something we may need to hold on. The inventory system we wish to put in will be similar to TKoK's inventory system, but we do not have many items done so it will be pointless to make. However once we start making quests, we will start making items a lot more and they will be accurately made to have the same stats. So probably around then we'll add an inventory system. But right now, it is kind of pointless. :\
~Craka_J

Level 25
Well it was all created by VexenX and was not released publicly to the Hive, Wc3Campaigns, or any other websites. Though I will ask for such a system as politely as I can. VexenX has already given us his party status multiboard generously since we helped advertise his project greatly with over 100 hits!

I will see what I can do. But do not expect much.
~Craka_J

Level 25
People keep asking me if you will be able to customize your character or have equipped gear appear on your character. Time to give a public answer:
Most likely we will not have this included!
Though some things may be shown when equipped (Weapons, helmets, capes, and shields), other things will not be shown. Though we're soon going to tackle the items and equipment system soon so... lets hope we get it done before we decide to release this publicly (Which is when at least three classes worth of spells are done) in the Downloads page.

Fans are also asking what classes will definitely be included in the Open Beta, since we are beginning to decide to quit the production of spells for some classes. And now, a public answer to that question as well:
Priest ; Rogue ; and Warrior are the three main classes we are focussing on most to have completed. But we plan to get either the Mage and or Hunter done afterwards. Hopefully we can get them both done quickly, which is highly unlikely for the fact we have one main active spells creator now.

~Craka_J

Level 2
i am just curious,
you making kalimdor ect.
how you get to stormwind bcouse its one of te loc's ont the list :D

Level 5
Theres been talk of Boat and Zepplin systems being implemented but nothing much has been said.

Level 2
mhhh boat thing could work....
but if you want to remake wow you should make theramore isle wich is a main stronghold of the alliance forces in kalimdor. you take the boat from here to menethil harbor in the wetlands get down wetlands to the snowy hills of ironforge make in tinkertown sort off teleport thingie to the dwarfen district this teleport thing is easier to make and i think it is possible gnome engineering ect. so this will come instead of deeprun tram.
than from stormwind you can jump around elwynn so on btw i dont know how you did the borders of elwyn becouse there werent more countrys able wich lay beside it like westfall and redridge :) the north side wouldnt be a problem this are mountains annyway east is the same and sw lays there south you can just make the existing river and forget the bridges :p so you cant enter westfall and you can just pull this river trough on the west side to redridge till the mountains ...

ok it are just some hints... or in my opinion the best way how it could be done :)
Good luck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.