• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Classic Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Another map idea I have no time or patience for.

I was playing the available risk maps and I noticed a lot of differences, it wasn't like real risk where defending units get a bonus to defense for being on their home turf.

I used to play the WW2 Classic Risk a lot. When you played, umm you had a capitol city and that capitol city had extra defense guns on it.

Now with the Warcraft 3 engine. I think you could just somehow declare a capitol city, especially with the randomness you get your pieces. It wouldn't be too hard I think to just give cities owned by players some sort of defender buff with a special range on it for defending the hometown.

Also, people at start in traditional risk, could choose what cities they wanted. It would go around once, and then it would go around again until all the cities were chosen. That way you would have a decent chance of owning a portion of a continent that you wanted at gameplay start. However, people could bid against you to keep you from gaining a whole continent at start. Then you would have to bid some cities you had against it as collateral for that piece you wanted, or you could just accept it and keep picking your cities.

But also, the big expensive tanks, would always have a high attack but a very low defense. They could attack for a value of 4. But they only defended on a value of 2. But the system itself was a little different because it didn't count hitpoints or even armor. It counted how many hits a unit could take before it fell.

Hits taken, ended at the end of combat in that province. I guess you could call these turns. So each time a turn ends all units on the map regain full health.

Also, each unit could only attack in combat once or twice a turn. And if it moved you would have to wait until after that turn it moved before you could use it to attack.

Certain units like planes could travel as far as 8 provinces, attack and then return to home base to refuel. Or they could make a special 16 move attack to kamikazi and die at the end of the turn.

In summary, I am a bit turned off by the current warcraft 3 Risk map systems because they do not follow the classic rules and favor those who can gobble territory fast and then defend it with 'tanks'.

Level 12
I agree
I made a thread like this a while back...
I feel like it just takes too much effort to make and not worth it....

Level 4
I found a space game that when you made units and researched, then when you attacked some ones planet or they attacked you, it was not right next to your planet or theirs. It was in a arena with turrets on your side if you had any. Then if your spaceships died then they died but the ones that won went back to their original planet with full hp. Also after like 3 minutes or so it let you retreat and leave with the units that didn't die. Is that what your kind of thinking?

You never controlled your units till you fought some one or some one fought you. The defending planet has turrets if they have them.

I could host it on b.net for you if you wanted but I would have to find it cause I dont remember the name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.