• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disaster In Europe (ideas!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Disaster In Europe (D.I.E) is a risk-type /conquer-type map that I want to make due to the low amount of such types of map in warcraft 3. It will be in the modern times with tanks and such.

However, I do intend to make it original. First off, there are two choices here.

1. Risk-type

Cities are taken by attacking the units in a circle of power. Players start with random amount of cities around the world. However, this kind of maps are really common.

Advantage:
Faster game play.

Disadvantage:
Steep learning curve.
Gets boring over time

2. Conquer-type

Cities are taken by attacking the building till 30% hp. Players start with 1 capital and some troops.

Advantages:
Available to make Age type games (eg. modern age - space age)

Disadvantages:
Very long gameplay. (about 1~2hrs)
Kinda hard to play.

I need your takes on these types and give some suggestions about the type you wished I would make.

Level 9
I vote for conquer-type.Somehow he concept of risk-type maps has never appealed to me.Conquer-type is not hard to play if you have a very important ingredient called a brain IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.