• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Rebelion city ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I need some ideas for my map
In my map you need to make an city with walls and towers houses and all kinds of stuff to kill the big city and towns who turn to rebelions
I need an way for people to make theyr cities as compact as possible so they cannot mass things
(How do i limit building diferent types of buildings)

Level 7
hmm maybe?

Silvermoon
Race : Blood Elfs
Buildings/Towars : Arcane Tower, Magic Infuser Tower, Barracks (where to hire units), Arcane Sanctum (where to hire spell casters), Hawkrider Track (where to hire flying units
Walls : Arcane Wall, Magic Infused Wall, Enchanted Wall, Bloody Runned Wall

if it's not ok plz give more details about what you need.

Level 9
I dont think you guys understand me

My game is like an hide and seek you have to find the best place to hide and make yourself small
If you keep yourself big you are catched and if youre small youre change to survive will increase

most people follow the big theory
I want them to force to follow the keep yourself small (make small but effective base)
Hope you understand me now :p

Level 3
well you can add an food limit to overall buildings.
And to limit an certain type of building is spammed in the base, use a multliboard that shows the player their number of builds of XX type / max number of XX type building.
a couple of if/then/else triggers should do the limiting work.

Also you can make jsut some places avaliable to be built. Dalaran has a plenty of it to be used as their regular terrain, also you can always do an custom liest that fits your willings.

At last, you can make the buildings plans be sold somewhere, just with then the player can build . So you can limit also from there.

Level 7
Make a builder who can make like 4 different buildings. When he created the 4 buildings, he can't build them untill they're destroyed. But you can upgrade them into different things. That will make players small and you can always destroy you'r buildings untill you find an upgrade combination that fits you

Level 3
You could just make it so your bases have mostly unbuildable terrain, but with a few areas with buildable areas to fit the amount of buildings you want.

Also, you can make it so aroud the base there are different little "Building Foundations" that you can upgrade into buildings. (I.E. Lord of the Rings: the Battle For Middle Earth - #1)

Level 7
If i didnt get you wrong, this might help:

• Start
  • Limit
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • NoMoreFootman Not equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove (Constructed structure) from the game
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
      • Set ConstructedFootman = (ConstructedFootman + 1)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ConstructedFootman Greater than 10
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: You reached the max...
          • Set ConstructedFootman = 1
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

And to have them make small bases, you can just reduce the scale of all units in the map, or make the map bigger... Also make most of the terrain unbuildable, or make regions where, if constructed, you destroy the triggering unit.

Level 4
Make the buildable areas small, and make their units/buildings look like; trees, stealthy units, small caves (enterable), hidded areas and etc. Just thing like: Hide, and make you strong. Seek and get the stuff. There could be some kind of patrollers, so players knows where NOT to walk. And give them a spell to go into 100% stealth and take all friendly buildings/units in 5000 yards into a orb item in your inventory. But with like 1 min cooldown and it will cost money using this spell. If i did'nt explain me correct, or if it wasnt what ya needed. Just tell me :cidea: ...

Status
Not open for further replies.