• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Classic is back! Read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28

Attachments

• b87c569a-da0b-4b2e-a76e-04d3e6fb6089.jpg
    b87c569a-da0b-4b2e-a76e-04d3e6fb6089.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 350
for people who were missing classic featuresbin Reforged e.g. custom campaigns.
I'm suspecting it's not an actual 'bug' that people are missing the CC features as they never officially recognized it as an issue. Custom campaigns will probably be hosted by Blizzard, and they will make it so you always need to be online to play custom campaigns, and so people only can upload custom campaigns to some Blizzard custom campaign repository. That way they have more control over what campaigns people can play, they have access to the content, can put stuff behind paywalls and so on.

I hope I'm wrong, but this is what I believe will happen.

Level 24
I'm suspecting it's not an actual 'bug' that people are missing the CC features as they never officially recognized it as an issue. Custom campaigns will probably be hosted by Blizzard, and they will make it so you always need to be online to play custom campaigns, and so people only can upload custom campaigns to some Blizzard custom campaign repository. That way they have more control over what campaigns people can play, they have access to the content, can put stuff behind paywalls and so on.

I hope I'm wrong, but this is what I believe will happen.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point...

Level 23
Read this! OMG! I can go back to Classic TFT now. Everyone Come read! :D :)

Confirmed by myself!
I am in the game right now!

Please make a news for this! share!

1.31 PTR was more buggy than the release of the real 1.31. The real 1.31 itself very buggy, so the PTR version of it is probably not the best choice if you are looking to downgrade. That post is relevant on the blizzard forums because most players there probably do not use hiveworkshop, but anyone who uses hiveworkshop can easily use search to find the threads with 1.30.4 and 1.29 downloads (the two most stable patches in my opinion).

If they do make custom campaigns require an online connection, it will likely be because people can extract the normal WCIII campaign and port it as a custom campaign, and if offline access is easier to crack than an online access requirement, then blizzard's sales would be affected since people could then in theory play the wc3 reforged campaign without buying the game (still assuming offline access is easier to crack).

Thinking that they will monetise custom campaigns is a little far fetched.

Level 8
Custom campaigns will probably be hosted by Blizzard, and they will make it so you always need to be online to play custom campaigns, and so people only can upload custom campaigns to some Blizzard custom campaign repository. That way they have more control over what campaigns people can play, they have access to the content, can put stuff behind paywalls and so on.

I hope you are wrong too, because upsie, I think I can stop working on my stuff right now: (it is screenshot out of context but still..)
Nov-rastrov-obr-zek-65.png

If they do make custom campaigns require an online connection, it will likely be because people can extract the normal WCIII campaign and port it as a custom campaign, and if offline access is easier to crack than an online access requirement, then blizzard's sales would be affected since people could then in theory play the wc3 reforged campaign without buying the game (still assuming offline access is easier to crack).
They currently require an internet connection for simply playing single player custom maps, unless you open them in the editor and click test map.
Maybe, but if recent reports checks out then you need to buy Reforged to have access to shadows in classic, so, nothing is impossible anymore.
I hope you are wrong too, because upsie, I think I can stop working on my stuff right now: (it is screenshot out of context but still..)
Nov-rastrov-obr-zek-65.png
Wat?

Level 17
1.31 PTR was more buggy than the release of the real 1.31. The real 1.31 itself very buggy, so the PTR version of it is probably not the best choice if you are looking to downgrade. That post is relevant on the blizzard forums because most players there probably do not use hiveworkshop, but anyone who uses hiveworkshop can easily use search to find the threads with 1.30.4 and 1.29 downloads (the two most stable patches in my opinion).

Just open up the editor without a connection and click test map. Does that enable single player?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.