• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Class of 014'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Just curious as to who's heading out to University this year. I'm a bit stressed and I feel like sharing some of that weight with others, if there are any Class of 14' around. It's not really so much the "will I get accepted?" panic anymore as it is the "I've got no fucking clue what I'm walking into here". I talked with my friends a bit, but I'm curious as to what high school seniors at the hive have on their mind...

anyone?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Not sure what you mean by "Class of 14" but anyway, I'm studying at a University, have been for nearly two years now. All I can say is that it's a much more open environment, with more control over when you do this and that. At least that's how it is around here. We've got a few lectures every week, and 3-4 mandatory assignments per subject every semester, spread pretty evenly out. There's almost always one assignment to work on, and as long as you just keep a steady flow of work it'll be like clockwork.

I'm not used to your system when it comes to school, but when I went from College to University the first thing I noticed was the freedom, because there's hardly any definite times when you have to be there and then you have to be there. It's a lecture here and there, and if you miss one there's probably a textual copy of the lecture online or you could ask a fellow student.

It will probably be mostly social the first couple of weeks, with some easy assignments to let you catch on to the system in a smooth manner.

Good luck with whatever you're studying!

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Ah, I see, well in that case I'd be 'Class of 11' ..

Status
Not open for further replies.