• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Clash of Legends 0.82

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Clash of Legends
Made by Doomguy80

227673-albums6275-picture67861.jpg

Basic Stats:
[TD]

Type: AoS
Category: Medieval/Warcraft
Map Size: 160x96
Playable Map Size: 148x84
Suggested Players: 5v0 For a Co'op vs. AI Match or 5v5 for a PvP

Warning: Although Clash of Legends is a game filled with intense fun, this game is not for everyone. Contact your moderator before use.

Side Effects May include but are not limited to: Moderate to severe addiction, Bloodshot Eyes, Playing through the night, Dreaming about this game and Bald spots through pulling your hair out after being ganked.

Map Info

First of all, this isn't DotA. Just because it is an AoS where you have a hero, are in a team, and have to eliminate the enemy's base doesn't mean it is instantly DotA...because this map is not DotA. It is Clash of Legends, a map designed almost entirely to give AoS players a new and fun challenge. Basically, I started playing League of Legends (hence third word in title) and loved it. This, like always, led to a map.

Features

This map includes:
> A main objective of destroying your enemy teams’ base (Citadel).

> A Side objective of destroying one of the enemies' Summoning Vaults, to stop their minions from spawning.

> 10 players compatible.

> 2 team combat.

> 5 players on each team.

> VERY good looking terrain.

> Many powerful items.

>A special Item Shop (can switch between item pages).

> Health Flasks and Mana Flasks stack, meaning you can have 50 in your inventory at once!

> One of the shops is a Tome Shop. This was added so that players with ridiculously high levels of gold can still use their gold.

> An advanced full screen hero pick system made through full GUI, so you can pick your hero well.

> Powers, that have a long cooldown, but can often save your life!

> Four Game Modes (Draft Pick, Center Spawn, ARAM and Normal (random payer chosen at the start picks the mode)).

> An AI, in case you want to play this map in singleplayer.

> Each champion has their own item that they start out with!

> Codes to get special Heroes, that you win after every match (IF you won the match).

> Many heroes can be taken into many different playstyles.

> ALL heroes have 4 three level abilities and a one level ultimate.

> No maximum hero level (although this might backfire). This also led to making small disadvantages for high leveled heroes.

> Minions have a 10% chance to drop 1 item out of 10 I selected.

> Once you pick a hero, your teammates can still pick it!

> Plenty of strategies are viable on this map. Teamwork and co'operation are extremely important for a team to secure a victory.

> Gives everyone gold whenever you kill a monster or hero (no more kill stealing).

> Red Buff (increases damage), which is dropped by the Cyclops, and Blue Buff (increases armor and all stats), which is dropped by Aragoth.

> And over 40 balanced but powerful heroes, including:

Pandaren Electrolyzer
Demigod
Gladiator
Conjurer
Orbcrafter
Priest
Pandaren Monk
Friendly Bandit
Ranger
Centaur Khan
Deciever
Alchemist
Tinker
Assassin
Blademaster
Dark Wizard
Duelist
Demonic Clown
Minotaur
Blood Lord

I would like to make note of the people who helped by reporting bugs in my map. If you want to have your name on this list, just test it out!:
:: abgm
:: Daffa the Mage
:: Undead Immortal
:: Orcnet
:: ZiBitheWand3r3r
:: Hell Master
:: DotCa

Image Description:
The Map:

227673-albums6267-picture69659.jpg

185870-albums2961-xxxxxxxxxx.jpg

An In-Game View of a Murloc Camp:
227673-albums6267-picture69669.jpg

By a Rowboat in the River
227673-albums6267-picture69670.jpg

The Hero Pick System. You can also type a victory code in:

227673-albums6267-picture69660.jpg

The Quest Menu that displays the different heroes:
227673-albums6267-picture69664.jpg

Me Wrecking the Citadel:

227673-albums6267-picture67886.jpg

The Weapon Shop (pg. 1 is on the left and Pg. 2 is on the right):
227673-albums6267-picture69661.jpg

SOME of the Heroes!:

227673-albums6267-picture67813.jpg

Changelog

Take heed that I won't make a completely new version until a new hero release or other important thing.

• Most heroes have at least 2 custom abilities, many having 5!
  • Changed the terrain entirely. No more man-made tiles clashing with non man-made!
  • AI is fixed!

Patch2
Fixed a problem with loading it on Frozen Throne.
Patch1
Did a quest menu with all of the Hero information.
Fixed the terrain up (added Rocks, Shrubs, Fish, etc.).
Altered the Power Select and may add more powers later!

P.S.

Although I still have a few things left to do, it is nothing big and the map is definitely playable.
I Fixed an Issue with it Loading on the Frozen Throne. I Suggest You Re-Download the Map
B.T.W. I have 20 Victory Code heroes you can unlock! I have a page in the forums dedicated to discussing the map. I will update the screenshots when I have the time. The link is here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/clash-legends-235151/

Contents

Clash of Legends 0.82 (Map)

Reviews
18:23, 3rd Jun 2013 Orcnet: Hell_Master's review:

M

18:23, 3rd Jun 2013
Orcnet: Hell_Master's review:
Hell_Master;2352722 said:
Hey there! Played your map and I must say you are near on getting this approved but there are still little and big things to consider, bro. Let me give you my review:

Clash of Legends v0.81 Review
[+] Good Points:
-I like the Hero Selection System. You are just gonna click tthe hero in a Full Screen Option at the screen. Sounds unique to me!
-Items are good and useful in battle and it has recipes that makes it better but you should add more items that have abilities so items can more serve its purposes in battle
-Quite decent amount of hero

[-] Bad Points:
-No offense but the terrain looks somehow bad. The way you mix tiles is very weird because you mixed manmade tiles with environment tiles and that should be avoided at all cost because it makes it more unrealistic. Also it is quite flat and empty. I suggest is use the Raise/ Lower tool to make different variations or level into the ground and fill it up with some doodads mostly basic doodads such as rocks and such.... Now to judge the terrain as an AOS, the lanes are quite narrow and because of that creeps sometimes got stuck and stopped in the way. You should make the lanes wider.
-Sometimes at some point my hero becomes crazy and uncontrollable. Wierd, right?
-Heroes are not unique, the spells are not that interesting and are Blizzard made. I suggest here is add some more uniqueness into it. Make custom spells but not only by changing spell description, models and such but triggering them.
-You made a quite wide area for the base but it is not even fully occupied because of the small amount of buildings there. I suggest is decorate it or add buildings maybe.

[] Suggestions:
-Some major terrain improvements here. Tips were exactly said above.
-Fix the weird bug about heroes getting uncontrollable and still need to press F1 just to control it again.
-Heroes are not unqiue at all, please do make it more unqiue by making somehing special on its skill and make it serve its purpose more of a tank, healer or such.
-Fill the base with more buildings or decorate it.
Overall, this still needs some work before getting approved. Rated 2/5 and voting for Pending until improvements are done!

Happy mapmaking there and good luck! :cgrin:

Level 9
-you are very skillful with the editor but i dont like the selection of hero because i cant have the liberty of read descriptions of abilities and that stuff
add something to add description windows when the user puts the mouse on them

How would I do that?

-the selection of power, the text is all comprimed and it is not confortable, space it more or reduce words.

Thank you for the advice! Will do.

-maybe you can add some doads like flowers, mushrooms, some fishes in the water or shells

I've been doing that with a few of my other maps. That surprises me because I can't believe I have forgotten that for this (my pride and joy).

EDIT:
-is a dota so game play is fun

I thought I said that it WASN'T a DotA ;)
(jk)

Level 9
Defense of the Ancients (DotA) is a multiplayer online battle arena mod for the video game Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, based on the "Aeon of Strife" map for StarCraft. The objective of the scenario is for each team to destroy the opponents' Ancient, heavily guarded structures at opposing corners of the map.

K nevermind :p
Isn't it funny though, how Wikipedia has a definition of everything on it?

EDIT:
you can put the icon as a building, and inside the building the option of train hero and there the explanation of the hero trained.
That could be pretty hard to fix, seeing as the trigger uses the same unit for each building, and I will have to make 25 different buildings. Still, I think I can do it.

Last edited:
Level 9
I have it so that the trigger is a little bit different. I think I have an idea as to how I will do this, but it will still be pretty tedious.

EDIT: Would getting a quest work? You would click on the icon, and you could open the quest menu to see a bunch of information on the hero, starting with its skills and type.

Hmm, I'll see what Orcnet/Kobas think, anyway, testing time.

EDIT :

I just remember that you aren't allowed to upload the Same map even if it's fixed, I will see which one Orcnet/Kobas will reject and which one will be left at pending, it's not a matter for the old infos, because when your Map become famous one day, they will now that many people have helped you and it's not easy reaching it, so they will become amazed at your work.

Last edited:
Level 9
Ahkay sorry.
btw I still need to fix 1 or 2 things. It won't take long (no more than 1-2 days), so I will update the map as soon as it's ready. Then can you tell them to look at the map?

EDIT: For example, the Responsible Banker (best name ever!) needs his Debt and Mint abilities.

Last edited:
Level 30
there's something wrong with your upload, the map cannot be seen in any patch versions (version 1.20, 1.24d, 1.24e, 1.26) version 1.20 reveals the map but unplayable could you re-upload this re-save the map with latest version. For now 'NEEDS FIX' then vm me once you are done

EDIT: map updated

Last edited:
After download I cannot see your map in game so impossible to try.

What's your Warcraft version?

@Doomguy80

What Optimizer did you use?

------------------------------------
I don't know about this issue yet so I need to test to myself to see what's actually going on, also, for all people, make sure you use Version 1.26 so we can see what's going on.

Sorry, but still invisible in game. I have version 1.26.0.6401. Cannot see in sigle player and on LAN too. I use for protect 5.0wc3mapoptimizer works fine w/o problems. All protections can be removed, so better use save ones.

Hmm.... If I was right, it can be file name issue, I did get this happened on my old map, I was extending the map name and it suddenly gone in game, try shortening the name.

All sort of protection can be removed, yes, but only an expert can modify a unlocked map due to JASS

Level 18
hey, smaller name is good solution, now i was able to try.

i choose all random, and get murthar psychic hero
im afraid i found few bugs:
-creeps only goes on one path (river)
-I lost control over my hero (was unselected), need to press F1 do controll it again - it happends many times,
-when press arrows, timer window appears names 'power cooldown' I had this timers on all width on screen (5 the same timers), they dont dissapear after reaching 0
-after 5-10 min play huge fps drop, so you must have leaks in game

Zibi

Level 9
uh what optimizer are you using? is it vexorian?

Yes it is vexorian.

creeps only goes on one path (river)
They are supposed to do that. I made the top lane turrets much weaker.

-I lost control over my hero (was unselected), need to press F1 do controll it again - it happends many times,
Interesting. That doesn't happen with me.

-when press arrows, timer window appears names 'power cooldown' I had this timers on all width on screen (5 the same timers), they dont dissapear after reaching 0

At the start there's a dialog for picking your power. When you activate the down arrow key, you activate it.

-after 5-10 min play huge fps drop, so you must have leaks in game

THAT is something I will definitely need to do. I don't notice that stuff because my computer is so powerful.

Thank you for the feedback :)

Level 30
Hey there! Played your map and I must say you are near on getting this approved but there are still little and big things to consider, bro. Let me give you my review:

Clash of Legends v0.81 Review
[+] Good Points:
-I like the Hero Selection System. You are just gonna click tthe hero in a Full Screen Option at the screen. Sounds unique to me!
-Items are good and useful in battle and it has recipes that makes it better but you should add more items that have abilities so items can more serve its purposes in battle
-Quite decent amount of hero

[-] Bad Points:
-No offense but the terrain looks somehow bad. The way you mix tiles is very weird because you mixed manmade tiles with environment tiles and that should be avoided at all cost because it makes it more unrealistic. Also it is quite flat and empty. I suggest is use the Raise/ Lower tool to make different variations or level into the ground and fill it up with some doodads mostly basic doodads such as rocks and such.... Now to judge the terrain as an AOS, the lanes are quite narrow and because of that creeps sometimes got stuck and stopped in the way. You should make the lanes wider.
-Sometimes at some point my hero becomes crazy and uncontrollable. Wierd, right?
-Heroes are not unique, the spells are not that interesting and are Blizzard made. I suggest here is add some more uniqueness into it. Make custom spells but not only by changing spell description, models and such but triggering them.
-You made a quite wide area for the base but it is not even fully occupied because of the small amount of buildings there. I suggest is decorate it or add buildings maybe.

[] Suggestions:
-Fix the weird bug about heroes getting uncontrollable and still need to press F1 just to control it again.
-Heroes are not unqiue at all, please do make it more unqiue by making somehing special on its skill and make it serve its purpose more of a tank, healer or such.
Overall, this still needs some work before getting approved. Rated 2/5 and voting for Pending until improvements are done!

Happy mapmaking there and good luck! :cgrin:

Level 16
Hey there, sorry for the following but this is my review:
Good things:
Ver nice terrain
Nice ambient sound (but i got bored afeter a bit)
Nothing more sorry
Low size (but no much imports)

Bad things:
AI: weak but not very weak (it can stop in base no more moves, they can cast abilities)
Very bad AI: the AI applies to you which has to only apply on computer players
Computer players come to fill the empty slots ?!!!!! If you do not add computerr players, none computers should appear (not happening here)
Weak towers
Too much powerups spawning (i got 10 powerups just in the camera bounds)
Tooooooooooooooooooooo much bugs
Main bug: the JAINA hero..... Try tonplay with it and if you just do nothing, you will end up with more than 100 heroes wtf
You loose control of your hero when the AI got applied to you
Those 2 computer players that are used are ugly (remove them - you can control the 2 players while not having them as computer players
Very weak abilities - didn't find many own made abilities (most abilities are ones of warcraft)
The selection of heroes should be enhanced (hp bars appear - not sorted properly - no description)
In the beginning (the powerups you tell us to choose - i didn't notice them)
There was a devaution aura that was gave to me with no tooltip (wondering why)
Abilities don't have a good look (effects)
Buffs are not made by you (they are the ones from warcraft) which means a custom name ability doesn't match the name of the buff

I think there is more but i'll stop here, keep up the work and improve it well

2/5

Level 9

I thought I had fixed that...

Sadly, Going through 256 (yes, I have that many) triggers is going to be tedious.

A lot of the older heroes are like that. I had made a game called War Party a long time ago, and liked how I got the heroes done. In that way, I moved them to CoL, but I had given them mostly Blizzard spells. Although it is like that, I have 28 heroes that have 1 or no Blizzard spells. Be rest assured that whatever victory code you get, it will feature a pretty awesome hero!

Will do