• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Clash of Legends v. 0.80.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Clash of Legends
By Doomguy80

Map Info

First of all, this isn't DotA. Just because it is an AoS where you have a hero, are in a team, and have to eliminate the enemy's base doesn't mean it is instantly DotA...because this map is not DotA. It is Clash of Legends, a map designed almost entirely to give AoS players a new and fun challenge. I basically started playing this game called League of Legends (hence third word in title) and loved it. This, like always, led to a map.

Features

This map includes:
> A main objective of destroying your enemy teams’ base (Citadel).

> A Side objective of destroying one of the enemies' Summoning Vaults, to stop their minion spawning.

> No AI.

> 10 players compatible.

> 2 team combat.

> 5 players on each team.

> Many powerful items.

>A special Item Shop (can switch between item pages).

> Health Flasks and Mana Flasks stack, meaning you can have 50 in your inventory at once!

> One of the shops is a Tome Shop. This was added so that players with ridiculously high levels of gold can still use their gold.

> An advanced full screen hero pick system made through full GUI, so you can pick your hero well.

> Powers, that have a long cooldown, but can often save your life!

> Four Game Modes (Draft Pick, Center Spawn, ARAM and Normal (random payer chosen at the start picks the mode)).

> Each champion has their own item that they start out with!

> Codes to get special Heroes, that you win after every match (IF you won the match).

> Many heroes can be taken into many different playstyles.

> ALL heroes have 4 three level abilities and a one level ultimate.

> No maximum hero level (although this might backfire). This also led to making small disadvantages for high leveled heroes.

> Minions have a 10% chance to drop 1 item out of 10 I selected.

> Once you pick a hero, your teammates can still pick it!

> Plenty of strategies are viable on this map. Teamwork and co'operation are extremely important for a team to secure a victory.

> Gives everyone gold whenever you kill a monster or hero (no more kill stealing).

> Red Buff (increases damage), which is dropped by the Cyclops, and Blue Buff (increases armor and all stats), which is dropped by Aragoth.

> And over 40 balanced but powerful heroes, including:

Pandaren Electrolyzer
Demigod
Gladiator
Conjurer
Orbcrafter
Priest
Pandaren Monk
Friendly Bandit
Ranger
Centaur Khan
Deciever
Alchemist
Tinker
Assassin
Blademaster
Dark Wizard
Duelist
Demonic Clown
Minotaur
Blood Lord

Image Description:
The Map:

227673-albums6267-picture67859.jpg

185870-albums2961-xxxxxxxxxx.jpg

The Hero Pick System. You can also type a victory code in:

227673-albums6267-picture67887.jpg

Me Wrecking the Citadel:

227673-albums6267-picture67886.jpg

The Shop:
227673-albums6267-picture68036.jpg

The Heroes!:

227673-albums6267-picture67813.jpg

Change Log

Change Log:

Added:
  • Help Commands
  • 4 Modes of Gameplay
  • Demon of Corruption
Removed:
  • Hero Info
Fixed:
  • Icons
  • Hero Pick
  • Shops
  • Minions
Changed:
  • Toughness of top lane turrets

Fixed:
  • Icons
  • Hero Stuckness
  • Runes of Restoration
  • Towers
  • Shop

Author's notes

I don't believe that it's quite yet done. I still have a few things left to do, but nothing big. B.T.W. I have 18 Victory Code heroes you can unlock! I went through it earlier, and fixed a few more things, that weren't a big deal. B.T.W. Tell me if you want an unprotected version of this map, and why.

WARNING: THIS MAP IS PROTECTED!

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

Clash of Legends v. 0.80.3 (Map)

Reviews
22:46, 28th Apr 2013 Orcnet: game play is a bit lacking, random heroes can't gain the dialog where you can choose 1 type of power(s), the camera doesn't turn in the base when you choose a random hero, you need to make more items since you made more...

M

22:46, 28th Apr 2013
Orcnet: game play is a bit lacking, random heroes can't gain the dialog where you can choose 1 type of power(s), the camera doesn't turn in the base when you choose a random hero, you need to make more items since you made more heroes it will be a bore if your expecting players to choose new heroes but same items, no quest menu explaining how to play, changelogs, updates, and credits

also UndeadImmortal and Daffa the Mage's commentary would suffice however it would be wise if you can redirect your map in the Map Development thread for a steady wip and get better feed back

Level 9
Sry Daffa, I just started at Hive yesterday.

you should create the CREDIT section to Credit people Models, Skins, Terrain and many other helps.

I haven't actually used any models, skins or terrain that any others have done. This map is fully made by me, including the 100 custom icons :)

Edit:
I don't have time to play it, so feedback cannot be given for now.

No problem Daffa, just happy that someone is interested!

Level 20
Tested this today, oh well...
  • Fix green icons.
    attachment.php
  • What's this annoying messages whenever i press the left and down arrow keys? o_O
    attachment.php
  • Shops aren't invulnerable (Screenshot above also).
  • No hero spawned when i clicked a hero's icon at the selection panel, then clicked the cross swords icon (As you stated at the map's loading screen).
  • Allied/Enemy units stops randomly at some point, which is annoying sometimes.
  • Why there are lots of hidden heroes? Is this meant to be a cheat code? o_O
Map seems pretty good when there are lots of players. I'll gladly support this :p

Attachments

• CoL01.JPG
    CoL01.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 429
  • CoL02.JPG
    CoL02.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 419
Level 9
Thank you so much for mentioning those things UndeadImmortal!

What's this annoying messages whenever i press the left and down arrow keys?

The down arrow key was to use the power you picked in the dialog after you selected your hero, and the up arrow key is to target the unit you want have your team attack (an idea from League of Legends), so I am not sure how you were able to target the units by pressing the left arrow key.

Shops aren't invulnerable (Screenshot above also).

I will fix that ASAP.

No hero spawned when i clicked a hero's icon at the selection panel, then clicked the cross swords icon (As you stated at the map's loading screen).

I found out that you need to wait for the info that it says about the hero first. I am definitely going to fix that.

Allied/Enemy units stops randomly at some point, which is annoying sometimes

I make them Attack-Move to the enemy Citadel, and will change it. Would you believe that instead of that they used to walk around aimlessly?

Why there are lots of hidden heroes? Is this meant to be a cheat code?

I did it for additional replay value, for example: if you got the code for the Demomen, you would probably want to play again to try out the new hero. They are still viable heroes, and not extremely overpowered compared to the others.

EDIT: How do you fix those green icons?

Last edited:
Level 9
We all do that mistake sometime, we just have to face it, slowly, but check which icon are green, so you don't convert a correct path into a wrong path

I know, but right now I can't figure out the correct path :( Any Ideas or should I just keep looking?

EDIT: Sry, Nevermind

EDIT: I fixed it and posted the new file!

EDIT: Please don't stop now guys, I like all this feedback!

EDIT: Wow, 409 hits, and only 15 comments (8 of which are mine).

Last edited:
Bug Report :
-All Spawning are taking the southern path, no spawning Is using the north Path (so that means no North tower will be destroyed by Spawned Units, and that means you have to destroy all north tower alone/with hero allies to make enemy main camp towers attackable.)
Screenshot attached later.

Level 9
All Spawning are taking the southern path, no spawning Is using the north Path (so that means no North tower will be destroyed by Spawned Units, and that means you have to destroy all north tower alone/with hero allies to make enemy main camp towers attackable.)

I actually meant to have that happen. Bottom becomes a place where usually one hero farms, and top becomes a place with something like a tank + a carry (tank absorbs tower damage) or a support + a carry (healing or whatever you want). I find that once you get your ultimate, a lot of the time you can solo turrets, if you are alone. I AM however going to make the top turrets weaker than the bottom ones, so that it won't be nearly as hard, because I want this map to give all AoS players, veterans or recruits, a new and fun challenge! Although I definitely would want to see your opinions on all of this :)

EDIT: Changed the top lane turrets so that they are weaker than bottom ones (deal less damage, but have the same health)

EDIT: Now 466 hits :))))))) ('o' )

EDIT: Added the Demon of Corruption (the code is: -<0RrUpTi0n)

EDIT: How are you guys who download the map liking it?

Last edited:
Test Result

Me and UndeadImmortal decides to test it multiplayer and we found some bugs :
-Runes of Restoration doesn't work
-Our Heroes tend to stuck most of times
-South Towers are weak (Creep can destroy them to ashes easily)
-Shop is bugged (they sometime doesnt replace whenever we replace the page, also they sometime deselect automatically)
-Further bugs can be found ingame

Attachments

• Clash of Clan Test.w3g
    686.8 KB · Views: 52
Hmm.... Strange issue of course, what happen when you try to open it?

Anyway, I guess you can at least follow these suggestions I have made :

-Runes of Restoration doesn't work
-Our Heroes tend to stuck most of times
-South Towers are weak (Creep can destroy them to ashes easily)
-Shop is bugged (they sometime doesnt replace whenever we replace the page, also they sometime deselect automatically)

Last edited:
Level 30
game play is a bit lacking, random heroes can't gain the dialog where you can choose 1 type of power(s), the camera doesn't turn in the base when you choose a random hero, you need to make more items since you made more heroes it will be a bore if your expecting players to choose new heroes but same items, no quest menu explaining how to play, changelogs, updates, and credits

also UndeadImmortal and Daffa the Mage's commentary would suffice however it would be wise if you can redirect your map in the Map Development thread for a steady wip and get better feed back