• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I just started making cinematics,never had any experience with them before:bored:...and i use the following trigger in my map,but for some reason it doesn't work properly.Any one can tell what am i doing wrong?
Here is the trigger
  • PlayCinematicIntro
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Pause the game
      • Wait 16.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override On
      • Camera - Apply CinematicCam1 <gen> for Player 2 (Blue) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Apply CinematicCam1 <gen> for Player 3 (Teal) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Apply CinematicCam1 <gen> for Player 4 (Purple) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Apply CinematicCam1 <gen> for Player 5 (Yellow) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Apply CinematicCam1 <gen> for Player 9 (Gray) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Apply CinematicCam1 <gen> for Player 10 (Light Blue) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Apply CinematicCam1 <gen> for Player 10 (Light Blue) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Apply CinematicCam1 <gen> for Player 12 (Brown) over 3.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from reason3 (Evil) 0320 <gen> named reason3: Play IllidansTheme <gen> and display Welcome to The Eter.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from reason3 (Evil) 0320 <gen> named reason3: Play IllidansTheme <gen> and display If you are new to t.... Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Wait
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 2 (Blue) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 3 (Teal) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 4 (Purple) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 5 (Yellow) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 9 (Gray) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 10 (Light Blue) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 11 (Dark Green) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 12 (Brown) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override Off
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 2 (Blue) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 3 (Teal) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 4 (Purple) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 5 (Yellow) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 9 (Gray) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 10 (Light Blue) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 11 (Dark Green) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 12 (Brown) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Game - Unpause the game
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) for 1.00 seconds

Level 5
I just started making cinematics,never had any experience with them before:bored:...and i use the following trigger in my map,but for some reason it doesn't work properly.Any one can tell what am i doing wrong?
Here is the trigger
  • PlayCinematicIntro
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Pause the game
      • Wait 16.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from reason3 (Evil) 0320 <gen> named reason3: Play IllidansTheme <gen> and display Welcome to The Eter.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from reason3 (Evil) 0320 <gen> named reason3: Play IllidansTheme <gen> and display If you are new to t.... Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Wait
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 2 (Blue) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 3 (Teal) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 4 (Purple) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 5 (Yellow) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 9 (Gray) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 10 (Light Blue) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 11 (Dark Green) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 12 (Brown) to (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) over 3.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override Off
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 2 (Blue) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 3 (Teal) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 4 (Purple) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 5 (Yellow) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 9 (Gray) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 10 (Light Blue) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 11 (Dark Green) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 12 (Brown) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Game - Unpause the game
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Center of CameraPanOverTavern <gen>) for 1.00 seconds

You need to use wait in your cinematic for your cameras.

Level 37
  • Actions
    • Game - Pause the game
    • Wait 16.00 seconds
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
    • Wait 3.00 seconds

and so on. You may want to fade in after the first 2 second wait...

Have a look at some Blizz cinematics to learn the basics.

Level 13
one thing u don't need 2 do a camera for every color just the player who is using it so ually p 1 or red.

Level 25
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/cinematic-tutorial-80413/?prev=u=Craka_J

Look at my cinematic tutorial map in the World Editor. I added comments inside the triggers, so that hopefully you can understand what each trigger does and so forth. It's an old cinematic and has some flaws such as the spells and the ending sometimes doesn't end the cinematic (will need to fix that some day) but overall some people have found it useful. Let me know if you get anything positive out of it.

Level 25
Yes. If I am not mistaken, you can easily pause the game in cinematic mode by using the trigger action "Game - Pause Game" or something like that. I never tried it before, but if that does not work, then getting the game to 'pause' or 'freeze' is probably more complicated in cinematic mode than I thought.

Level 13
maybe you could store all your triggers with events like periodic or game time event to variable

Than do something like

for each integer from 1 to (number of your triggers)
turn off TRIGGER [Integer A]
pick every unit - pause picked....

Status
Not open for further replies.