• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cho'gall

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Chieftain of the Twillight's Hammer clan and apprentice to Gul'dan, Cho'gall.

Didn't turn out perfectly, animations were a bitch. First time animating an ogre I guess. Anyway, hope it's useful.

NOTE: The ogre soundset will break the portrait animations! The talk animations wont play. You will have to choose another soundset or make a custom one.
Contents

Cho'gall (Model)

Reviews
PROXY
Review: Absolutely stunning model. Incredible animations and effects and amazing texture. Works ingame. Approved.
Level 3
PLEASE TAUER HEAR ME!!!! I Sign up on this website only because of you!!! PLEASE CREATE A COOL Mountain king mode bu this screenshotl!!! BECAUSE YOUR MODELS are the best!!!! PLEEEAse! I'm begging you!!!

Attachments

• 45082.png
    45082.png
    219.9 KB · Views: 807
Level 3
Emm...I have a problem...as you can see...Chagall was a two heads ogre,so when I use this model in war3,and use "ogre"sound...this model "portrait talk” ani were broken...I don't know how to control ogre speak sound...so can you give me some advice??
Such as one head one sound...Because ogre has two heads..so they cannot use one speak sound right??? So please anyone help?? :( Sorry...forgive my English...

Level 39
Thanks guys! :D

Emm...I have a problem...as you can see...Chagall was a two heads ogre,so when I use this model in war3,and use "ogre"sound...this model "portrait talk” ani were broken...I don't know how to control ogre speak sound...so can you give me some advice??
Such as one head one sound...Because ogre has two heads..so they cannot use one speak sound right??? So please anyone help?? :(

Yeah, this is a bug. As far as I could see there is no fix. Using the ogre soundset will break the portrait. I tried naming the animations the same as the regular ogres, but it didn't work. Only way is to use another soundset unfortunately. I should probably have written that at the top.

If anybody knows a fix for this that would be great.

Last edited:
Level 3
Thanks guys! :D

Yeah, this is a bug. As far as I could see there is no fix. Using the ogre soundset will break the portrait. I tried naming the animations the same as the regular ogres, but it didn't work. Only way is to use another soundset unfortunately. I should probably have written that at the top.

Yes,me too!!nameed ani the same as the regular ogres...it didn't work...en...tomorrow I'll try to use the frame numbers to control "talk" ani...anyway!!thanks for your modle!!! That was awesome! I'll use it very well!! Thank you! :)

Level 60
You're having trouble with the Ogre sound sets? You need to rearrange the the sequence of the animations. The sound sets of the two-headed Ogre and the Mortar Team follow a special form of programming where the nth sequence is used as the portrait when talking. This is why for example the talk animations of the old and big dwarves always match the appropriate voices.

If you really want to use the soundset of the two-headed Ogre, I suggest that you set Portrait Talk - 1 as the Second sequence and Portrait Talk - 2 as the Third Sequence. Unfortunately, this means that Portrait Talk - 3 and 4 won't be used when using the two-headed ogre soundset.

Level 18
Your models are like some kind of soothing gel for the eyes. They're simply a thing of beauty.

PS: While you're making HotS style models, would you consider putting out a HotS-style Diablo? Because that would give me a boner so hard it'd snap right off - metaphorically speaking. You could even do an alternate version with the female Diablo or even the Murloc Diablo!

Level 3
You're having trouble with the Ogre sound sets? You need to rearrange the the sequence of the animations. The sound sets of the two-headed Ogre and the Mortar Team follow a special form of programming where the nth sequence is used as the portrait when talking. This is why for example the talk animations of the old and big dwarves always match the appropriate voices.

If you really want to use the soundset of the two-headed Ogre, I suggest that you set Portrait Talk - 1 as the Second sequence and Portrait Talk - 2 as the Third Sequence. Unfortunately, this means that Portrait Talk - 3 and 4 won't be used when using the two-headed ogre soundset.

Oh..It worked!!! The sequence of the animations was the key! Thanks a lot! :)

Last edited:
Level 39
Thanks for the feedback guys. Haven't gotten around to fixing the portrait thing yet, been to busy for modeling. Will look into it when I get the time.
Svetli made an icon for the model. I was told to link to it, so there's a link in the description.

hmm.. funny thing i noticed, Gall is the one with armor here, while in HotS, he complains why is he having no armor xD

That was actually deliberate xP Just wanted to make him a bit different from the HotS model, seeing as I was already leaning on that design a bit too heavily.

Epic!

Slight note: I think there's room for improvement on the texture on his back. It feels a bit blurry and anatomically weird too.
Just a suggestion

MuscleBack.jpg

Thanks man!
And yeah, you got me haha! Backs are the bane of my existence when it comes to texturing. I can never seem to nail the anatomy. Usually I just try to paint something that looks halfway believable hehe.
Anyway, not sure I'm gonna be making changes to the texture but thanks for the feedback!

Link lead to wrong icon i guess. Fix it.

Nope, should be the right one?

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

He means you linked the Doomhammer icon.

Level 7
Review: Absolutely stunning model. Incredible animations and effects and amazing texture. Works ingame. Approved.
You know the only problem is with this model, is the ogre sound set breaking the portrait. Guess its better off with no sound set at least it will have it's dignity.

Level 5
Awesome as this looks here... for the life of me, i can not get it to appear as more than a shadow ingame. I know you guys hate to hear that, and yes, i have successfully imported models & skins before, but something is not working for me on this one! ;(

Level 5
Possibly a texture problem; try re saving the texture in blp lab.

Clanzion, TY for not flaming me! :)

Finally got this beast working... & ya, he is frigging amazing! Would love to use him as a unit Ogre Magi, but if i do, he will outcool the Hero! ;)

As for what was wrong, it appears i was just not exacting enough in my import process. Typical for me. I like to generalize everything. You can get away with that in the Humanities... but not so much with technology! ;)

Level 2

Can you tell me how you change Portrait Talk to Sequence in Order?