• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cho'Gall

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
My latest model. Cho'Gall, first of the Ogre-Magi. Requested by Linaze.
I know, only one of the heads talk in the portrait. That was something I couldn't fix, so you'll have to live with it.
UPDATE: Changed his weapon and fixed bad wrap on the portrait. There's still only one of the heads talking, as I haven't found an acceptable solution to this yet.
UPDATE2: Gave him a big makeover. Fits much better to the character in my opinion. There's a little team colour on his shoulders, the eyes glow.
Unless there are bugs, I don't think I'm gonna update anymore since I'm pretty satisfied with the result.
Also a big BIG thanks to DonDustin for helping me out with the portrait! Thank you so much!

Keywords:
cho'gall, horde, ogre, ogre-magi, twillight's hammer, chieftain
Contents

Cho'Gall (Model)

Cho'Gall (Model)

Reviews
20:35, 31st Mar 2009 Dan van Ohllus: In some animations you can notice that he has holes on his shoulders (the shoulderpads don't cover them enough). The reason would be the geoset animation that is connected to that part, so you can easily remove...
Level 39
Like a guy said before me you wouldn't be able to have units from different clans

EX.
Warsong Berserker
Spells: Berserk, Pillage

Blackrock Bloodthirster
Spells: Self Bloodlust

Frostwolf Spirit Warrior
Spells: Spirit Charge

All working together they'd be even more powerful then before, but you gatta make them look different so it's not cheesy. Oh and btw right after i posted my last comment I saw the Kargath model :xxd:. I have another request, when you finish remaking warcraft 2 could you try warcraft 1? Like make people like Blackhand? Anyways great models they're REALLY awesome!:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Well, I'm mostly interested in how they look, not so much their stats :p
Besides they don't neccesarily have to have different stats, as long as they have different gear.
Hmm, WC1 you say. Could be, but the problem is that somebody as already made the cool characters from WC1. Lothar & Blackhand. And they're awesome models.

damn this looks good, are you making a map with him in? If so I want to play it.

I actually am in the progress of making a map. It's a map where you follow an Orc just after they enter the Portal into Azeroth the first time. The plan was actually to make a Campaign where you follow one single Orc (but you of course control others as well, including Cho'Gall, Deadeye, Kargath, Grom etc.) through the entire history of the Horde. On Draenor as well.
But I figured it would be better to start off with a single map. Triggers are proving to be a real pain in the ass. Then perhaps if it turns out succesful I'll begin making the Campaign.

Last edited:
Level 6
If you are considering making grunt models for each clan than does that mean we will see a Black Tooth Grin Grunt with a missing tooth and a Shatterhand Grunt with only one hand? OH, by the way, somebody already made a nice looking Dragonmaw grunt, but forgot to give it red eyes. If you are going to make all these grunts, just remember that they all have red eyes with the exception of the Frostwolf clan. One more question; if you do do this how many clans will you do?

Level 2
As of right now I think the model looks super, save for the weapon. I agree with Linaze, you should remove the weapon and give him a fist attack. I think it would look awesome, especially since his hands look really great. Although you said you wont update it anymore I hope you'll change your mind.

Also for a sphere thingy, maybe 2 points orbiting each of his hands?

EDIT: Last but not least, GREAT job.

Level 6
As of right now I think the model looks super, save for the weapon. I agree with Linaze, you should remove the weapon and give him a fist attack. I think it would look awesome, especially since his hands look really great. Although you said you wont update it anymore I hope you'll change your mind.

Also for a sphere thingy, maybe 2 points orbiting each of his hands?

EDIT: Last but not least, GREAT job.

Please Tauer, as I said on your Dentarg model, please remove the weapons and have a fist attack. It would be more useful. =)

And again the skull shoulder pads, perhaps without them they might look better too.

Level 7
Just a quick question. This model does not show up on your models. So to find this model, is pretty difficult. My question is, why doesn't it show up in your model gallery?

Level 6
Just a quick question. This model does not show up on your models. So to find this model, is pretty difficult. My question is, why doesn't it show up in your model gallery?

The reason is (I'd assume) because this is a rejected resource as he didn't make the changes required for it to be approved.

Pyritie said:
20th Apr 2009
Pyritie: Changes not made, resource rejected.

Level 5
You know who this model reminds me of, that character from The Road Warrior, Mad Dog Wes Siron, played by Vernon Welles i think the fellows name was. He even has that same male S&M vibe. Scary! :p

EDIT: 6/18 Taur, when i look at this old Chogall model, compared to the Chogall you released recently... man, i am full of respect for you! Your modeling has come a quantum leap from where you started! TY for sticking with it, and offering up those great models on your resource page! ;)

Last edited:
Level 4
Strangely, it was working for me in 1.31.1 at one point? But this seems to have abruptly changed. I wonder what could have caused it? Incidentally, the broken version gives an out of bounds error in RMS, but removing the bottom parts of the model data (which appears to be the left head and textures) fixes it in RMS (kind of) but not in the game or editor (in fact, it took deleting everything except the extents and format version to fix it in game, but then there's no model at all...)