• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Characters of Arkain [SPOILER]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Well not really surprised about this one...I know i know i kinda rigged this one but talking about rotting corpses was getting bland.

Ill be the first to admit Van Durce grew in me...Boy did i hate him at first his preposterous behaviour really grinded my gears and his golden tinheads weren't any better than their Boss if they weren't bragging about how good they were they were getting bodied by either Gardon or the undeads.

However towards the end he did change for the better...Kinda makes you think why would Gardon react in such a way that he did towards Van Durce.It is almost as if he was being forced to fight him.

However i'd say he is one of the most memorable characters of this entire series for better or for worse.

Level 29
Ill be the first to admit Van Durce grew in me...Boy did i hate him at first his preposterous behaviour really grinded my gears and his golden tinheads weren't any better than their Boss if they weren't bragging about how good they were they were getting bodied by either Gardon or the undeads.

A very nice example that a character's first appearence in the story doesn't come to entirely define it.

Boy did i hate him at first his preposterous behaviour really grinded my gears and his golden tinheads weren't any better than their Boss if they weren't bragging about how good they were they were getting bodied by either Gardon or the undeads.

They being the elite army of the Empire got over their heads.

Let's think about it for a second. Was the Golden Guard that much of a terrifying foe? If the Golden Guard were just another imperial army sent, thus lacking the resources that come from being the Empire's finest, and Lord Marin's inventions, as well not having the Dwarves and Paladins on their side, could you say that Gardon wouldn't be capable of defeating them even without the aid of the dragons, undead and Kerrel?

However towards the end he did change for the better...Kinda makes you think why would Gardon react in such a way that he did towards Van Durce.It is almost as if he was being forced to fight him.

He changed, but it was already too late. By that point he already had:
-He took most of Gardon's power and probably made most of the Ironfist become his brainwashed soldiers (strike one for Gardon)
-He arrested Blen, a renowned general, tortured him and even murdered him in his cell (strike one for the Kingdoms' armies, add a strike for Gardon)
-He was going to rescue Lerrig, a traitor that supported Genethas (strike one for the Kingdoms, add a strike to both the Kingdoms' armies for Gardon)
-He was fully prepared to leave the entire kingdom at the mercy of the Demons (add a strike to all the above)
-He supported Retka's takeover of both Pyrru and Toran (add a strike to all the above)
-He tried to murder Gardon, after he defeated the traitor Retka (add a strike to Gardon and his allies)

Do you really think either Gardon or the Kingdoms would let van Durce live after all of this? The only reason van Durce had a change of heart was because the Emperor decided that he should stay in the sinking ship.

However i'd say he is one of the most memorable characters of this entire series for better or for worse.

True enough.

Level 20
He changed, but it was already too late. By that point he already had:
-He took most of Gardon's power and probably made most of the Ironfist become his brainwashed soldiers (strike one for Gardon)
-He arrested Blen, a renowned general, tortured him and even murdered him in his cell (strike one for the Kingdoms' armies, add a strike for Gardon)
-He was going to rescue Lerrig, a traitor that supported Genethas (strike one for the Kingdoms, add a strike to both the Kingdoms' armies for Gardon)
-He was fully prepared to leave the entire kingdom at the mercy of the Demons (add a strike to all the above)
-He supported Retka's takeover of both Pyrru and Toran (add a strike to all the above)
-He tried to murder Gardon, after he defeated the traitor Retka (add a strike to Gardon and his allies)

I mean a pathetic excuse you could make for some of the points was that he was acting under orders from Emperor,that might not hold that much value but then again that's what caused him to act so rash,a mistake he himself admited to and tried to make up for...Still i think Gardon was forced to kill and i dont think the reason was only for him to gain supporters he had already established his kingdom and i doubt there would be much unrest regarding his decision towards Van Durce...I mean Lord Brian was part of the imperial court,we are told that the emperor itself its under some dark influenc and Brian is Gardons master doesnt that make you think Brian itself might have forced Gardon into killing Van Durce after all Van Durce offered Gardon a pretty good deal,control of the kingdoms while he Dealt with the mad emperor...Even in the cutscene Gardon seems reluctant...Yeah i know a tinfoil hat theory but its food for thought isn't it.

As for the Blen part i think that was his biggest blunder.That never sat well with me either why would he execute a general who had so much experience and alienate the kasrkin.I agree with you on this part.

As for Lerring...He is just one big meme at this point...I cant help but feel bad for the poor thing...Him being saved or left to die wouldent upset anyway I'd assume.

Level 29
I mean a pathetic excuse you could make for some of the points was that he was acting under orders from Emperor,that might not hold that much value but then again that's what caused him to act so rash,a mistake he himself admited to and tried to make up for...

Maybe if he isn't entirely to blame, he still did it.

The fact that he decided to say "enough" only after both he and his men got screwed doesn't make him look better in any way. He felt no regret in abandoning an entire continent, with thousands if not millions of innocents, and he only rebelled when the Emperor decided to do the same to him.

The Kingdoms putted their trust on the Empire, in the same way van Durce did, so van Durce being pissed simply because the Emperor had abandoned the Golden Guard is not sympathetic at all.

Still i think Gardon was forced to kill and i dont think the reason was only for him to gain supporters he had already established his kingdom and i doubt there would be much unrest regarding his decision towards Van Durce...

van Durce had already pissed everyone by that point, so Gardon letting him go would risk his reputation. Right after the demons, van Durce was most likely the most hated individual in all of Arkain, and he had more than earned the fate of being killed.

Plus, he tried to murder Gardon, his own nephew. Gardon could never forgive him for that.

I mean Lord Brian was part of the imperial court,we are told that the emperor itself its under some dark influenc and Brian is Gardons master doesnt that make you think Brian itself might have forced Gardon into killing Van Durce after all Van Durce offered Gardon a pretty good deal,control of the kingdoms while he Dealt with the mad emperor...Even in the cutscene Gardon seems reluctant...Yeah i know a tinfoil hat theory but its food for thought isn't it.

No one, besides Gardon, would believe in Brian. They all distrust Brian already, so to them everything he could say would be taken with a grain of salt, even if that "lie" would be better than the "truth" they believe.

And let's say Gardon accepted his deal. For one, everyone would yell at Gardon for allowing van Durce to leave. van Durce had already done too much to be forgiven, let alone being allowed to leave, plus he served as a foe that allowed Gardon to gather allies and to cement his position.

And then, imagine if van Durce somehow managed to succeed. Do you really think van Durce or some of his Golden Guard wouldn't return to Arkain to dethrone Gardon? Sir Praxeus and his paladins would never accept that Gardon is ruling a continent with the aid of dragons, shadowy creatures and more.

Level 22
The fact that he decided to say "enough" only after both he and his men got screwed doesn't make him look better in any way. He felt no regret in abandoning an entire continent, with thousands if not millions of innocents, and he only rebelled when the Emperor decided to do the same to him.
Agreed. Though the events did make him show a softer side of him. A side that wanted to try and right his wrongs but never succeeding, thus making him a tragic character in a way.
He ultimately died "evil", but his storyline at least made some people think of a character that could've been a lot better in a different timeline. He's kind of like Duke Redfist in that regard.

And let's say Gardon accepted his deal. For one, everyone would yell at Gardon for allowing van Durce to leave. van Durce had already done too much to be forgiven, let alone being allowed to leave, plus he served as a foe that allowed Gardon to gather allies and to cement his position.
True, though him crushing Kersidar's army with the purificator may have made people be slightly less bitter. Not by much, but maybe enough to just temporarily let it slide.

And then, imagine if van Durce somehow managed to succeed. Do you really think van Durce or some of his Golden Guard wouldn't return to Arkain to dethrone Gardon? Sir Praxeus and his paladins would never accept that Gardon is ruling a continent with the aid of dragons, shadowy creatures and more.
If they succeed in overthrowing the emperor first. And if they do it, I think van Durce wouldn't have the guts after all he experienced. Same for Praxeus, who may still have a side to him that doesn't want to hurt Gardon.
With both of them out of the picture, the other Golden Guard would probably be so demotivated, they wouldn't attempt it too.

Level 29
True, though him crushing Kersidar's army with the purificator may have made people be slightly less bitter. Not by much, but maybe enough to just temporarily let it slide.

Maybe, but some could think "If you could do that, then why did you do it only after Lor fell?"

If they succeed in overthrowing the emperor first. And if they do it, I think van Durce wouldn't have the guts after all he experienced. Same for Praxeus, who may still have a side to him that doesn't want to hurt Gardon.
With both of them out of the picture, the other Golden Guard would probably be so demotivated, they wouldn't attempt it too.

Who knows. Between the natural arrogance of the Golden Guard, the narrow-minded and self-rightseous way of thinking of the paladins, etc. who is to say that they would tolerate the idea of Gardon ruling across the sea a huge empire alongside nefarious stuff such as dragons, necromancers, shadowy creatures, etc?

Level 20

I am pretty sure he woulden't want or even be able to return to fight Gardon...Civil wars are costly and bring a great deal of unrest as showcased by the two civil wars that happened during the first and second human books,so you might as well scrap that as a possibility and considering the Thrashing Golden guard took,I'd wager they wouldent be so eager to return there.

I dunno to many Van Durce is hard to like considering what an annoying character he was in the beginning but i kinda felt bad he had to go,He gave the book a certain flair that made me enjoy it much much more...

Level 12
Well, Van durce, is a polemic character(the same level that gardon) and his first impression ,he is a total a$$hole especially if Blend and co did nothing wrong, and he wasted a lof of imperial's resources trying to kill gardon and "friends", I mean, he is the high lord of many Titles, he could handle the situation better! So everyone can agree that his blindly loyal to the emperor affected his good judgment (I am sure that he has).

But in the end, i still like him! Sure, he es a arrogant bastard(well to me he is prideful), but because he is the champion of the empire, defeat many foes, is broken AF(lorewise) achievement many feats, find legendary items(holy grail lol), has the most fabulous army around(and the army try to copy his hero) sure humility is good, but some pride never is bad(Gardon is cocky too but less).
What i try yo say is that Van durce is a living legend in the arkain world, usually the arrogants are frauds or dirty cowards in the end, Van Durce has a solid base of his arrogance and like Gardon said, he is not a pushover.

Bonus point 1: If blen screw up, harmos follow blen like a dog and aedele become the exorcist's girl in the FB, Van Durce has every reason to try to kill them in the opening.

Bonus point 2: His counter speech against Genethas was gold(like his head).

Level 20
I hope each and everyone of you is thinking what i am thinking...

Why not both? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vanessa is my favorite Orc book character and i also do have a soft spot for the man who looks good in Red!

Besides I think Father and Daughter would love to share the spotlight for once!

Ngl i didn't want to vote but when i saw how close things were i had to give a slight boost to my girl Vanessa so I for one think that a dual spotlight wouldent hurt anyone would it?!

Level 29
I hope each and everyone of you is thinking what i am thinking...

Why not both? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vanessa is my favorite Orc book character and i also do have a soft spot for the man who looks good in Red!

Besides I think Father and Daughter would love to share the spotlight for once!

Ngl i didn't want to vote but when i saw how close things were i had to give a slight boost to my girl Vanessa so I for one think that a dual spotlight wouldent hurt anyone would it?!

Alright, then I will give my opinion regarding both.

Vanessa, a human raised among orcs. The poor girl must have had a very rough childhood. While she had Rangul's protection, the other orcs most certainly could only look at her with disgust and even hatred. Perhaps more than once they tried to come up with ways for her to suffer "an accident", thus not suffering Rangul's wrath. I can't even begin to imagine just how much she had to train, work and bleed in order for the clan to accept her.

A pity she and Amari didn't meet back then. I am sure Amari would have been a wonderful big sister to her.

He is perhaps the most despicable individual in the story so far, at leats in my opinion, and that says a lot since we have undead, demons and creatures made of shadow and darkness in the plot.

His reason for turning the way he is now is not enough to justify all he has done.
-He wanted to wipe out not only orcs, but other races as well. Even after killing two of the orcs that took part in killing his wife, he still sough to wipe out all orcs, and not due to something like 'in order to prevent others from sufferig like I did'. No, it was purely out of revenge and sheer sadism, as his speech to Rangul before killing the later showed.
-He didn't care about the Kingdoms and demons at all. So if he could sacrifice an entire continent just to wipe out the orcs he would do so with no regret.
-He was a clear abusive parent to the children he had after Vanessa. His hatred towards orcs may have a justification, but there is none for this. If he was neglectful, that could be understandable, but being downright abusive? Nope. Even his apparent only beloved children Orie doesn't serve as a redeeming factor, as I am 100% sure that Orie is pretty much like Azula from "Avatar: The Last Airbender". If you know her, then you know what I mean by this.
-I went and watched Jayborino's video of the possibility of Vanessa joining him. Not only did Redfist killed Aedale with no remorse, but he killed Vanessa, the same daughter he loved after she helped him defeating the orcs!

If the Legends of Arkain will ever have a TV Tropes page, Redfist would be the closest character to be considered as a Complete Monster. I know characters from other stories that justly deserved to be considered as this that got far more tragic backstories and reasons for becoming like that.

Last edited:
Level 29
You made Largoth (and some others) very happy by not calling him (them) out for being that instead. ;)

There is a difference. Demons are obviously more ruthless and scheming than humans. It is in their nature to be like that. A good-hearted demon is something rare to find.

Redfist is as much of a human as any human in both Arkain and in our world. He wasn't born as a sociopath, he wasn't raised among evil-natured creatures, he was neither manipulated nor corrupted by some dark entity nor he endured some kind of treatment that made him lose his empathy and sanity. Everything he did was by his own doing and his alone.

Level 19
I really like vannesa, gameplaywise is one of the strongest hero and storywise is the change the orcs need, she prefers not killing all humans and using them for their purposes, also he contributed to the tribal dominion getting brockta. Maybe she isnt the most interesting character of the redfist family but i like her more than cora, for now.

About Best Dad of the Year, Aka redfist there isnt much to say. He was a crazy fanatic, he abused his second family and frightened all of his daughters (maybe not orie). He was right to look for vengeance against rangul and the deathbreeze clan, they burned his wife alive and kidnap his daughter, maybe he was right about killing all the orcs to make sure the rest of the people dont suffer like he did. But trying to exterminate all their allies was his fatal mistake, also letting oneeye escape, they´ll probably came back to the burned islands and he could have exterminated them.

Sincerely i loved papa redfist arc but he needed to day in order to advance the story of orcs. Also, not counting Marin, he is probably the strongest hero even compared to the undead, a incredible achievemente for a mortal.

Level 29
He was a crazy fanatic, he abused his second family and frightened all of his daughters (maybe not orie).

Well, he claims that all of his children were dissapointments, so Orie is obviously included. Orie is either on denial or has some sort of warped love towards her father, the kind that some victims of domestic abuse show.

He was right to look for vengeance against rangul and the deathbreeze clan, they burned his wife alive and kidnap his daughter, maybe he was right about killing all the orcs to make sure the rest of the people dont suffer like he did.

He had the right to seek revenge, yes, but went overboard.

Also, his intentions were not at all benevolent. All he wanted was to wipe out the orcs and those aligned with them out of revenge and spite. If he had good intentions, then he wouldn't have said that he didn't give a damn about the Kingdoms, the Demons and the entire continent. And he stated that he would torture both Amari and Sas in heinous ways. He even murdered Vanessa in the alternate mission, after she agreed to join him and helped him defeat the orcs. Does this look like something a good man would do?

Also, not counting Marin, he is probably the strongest hero even compared to the undead, a incredible achievemente for a mortal.

Redfist is a Sith Lord. His hatred had turned him into some sort of Arkainian Darth Vader XD

Level 19
If he had good intentions, then he wouldn't have said that he didn't give a damn about the Kingdoms, the Demons and the entire continent.

Probably because of that, Gardon could get the purificator, if the redfist and the bloodstones (Daric was being paid by the emperor so he wouldnt care) were with Van durce and Zarin, Gardon would have lose that battle
On the other hand, if the regiments of redfish had helped they wouldnt have lost Lor.

And he stated that he would torture both Amari and Sas in heinous ways
Maybe you feel pity for Amari but Sas? i mean Sas?

He even murdered Vanessa in the alternate mission, after she agreed to join him and helped him defeat the orcs. Does this look like something a good man would do?
Yes, that was overboard but expected, she may have killed a lot of humans to be consider a true member of the deathbreeze clan.

Redfist is a Sith Lord. His hatred had turned him into some sort of Arkainian Darth Vader XD

We know that they couldnt find the corpse, i´m pretty sure Oire didnt take with her after talking with ebira. Maybe an Undead Volarian+Bonelords to destroy salria? :)

Level 29
Probably because of that, Gardon could get the purificator, if the redfist and the bloodstones (Daric was being paid by the emperor so he wouldnt care) were with Van durce and Zarin, Gardon would have lose that battle
On the other hand, if the regiments of redfish had helped they wouldnt have lost Lor.

The Kingdoms being invaded by Arkain and a civil war occuring, but the Redfist were too busy fighting against the orcs.

Maybe you feel pity for Amari but Sas? i mean Sas?

Me feeling pity is not the point (Sas would deserve it btw), but rather the fact that Redfist wanted to break all of their bones one by one for no other reason besides sadism.

We know that they couldnt find the corpse, i´m pretty sure Oire didnt take with her after talking with ebira. Maybe an Undead Volarian+Bonelords to destroy salria? :)

I hope so, because then Amari will have the chance to kill him.

Level 1
I i think that while our Redfist of the year was going above and byond the call of vengeance other beings were far more evil in comprsion to him even when you see it from their race/faction point of view.

Redfiest had far more continuous screen time ' we kept seeing him or his subordinates in many missons while other beings were doing their stuff mostly in the background or had our very reliable narrator showed them less which influenced our opinion of him.
Other charters were far more cruel, fantic, ruthless or evil - going above and byond the call of their agenda/race/faction to achive their goals.

Largoth for exmaple betryed both the demon god and then arridon while also setting up the chaos in the first and second human book : breaking poor clavehand mind, making poor adala enslaved to ebira, proboly killing Salomar , sending van durce to kill gardon . cusing strife in both the empire and the kingdoms, abanding the kingdoms , likely cusing the civil unrust and corruption in the empire and so on...

Aridon while having an understanble/nobel goal also did quite few scary things - ensalving the entire Nerubians race making them revolt and then harvast the exstra eggs they made in the revlot , was no less zelous then Redfiest on purging the orcs who kept meddling with his world , killed quite the array of charters and then had them fight spy and sabotage their homelands , backstabed and killed the other 2 gods his allies after they allied to kill the dark one to name a few...

The dark one who kept taking beings from other gods corrupting them and cause
pretty much all the troubles in arkain directly or indirectly if you count the dead gods he was made from, i wouldnt be suprised if either him or his slave Largoth had a hand or two in Redfiest becoming best father of the year either, it is also worth mentioning that unlike mortals he is A GOD who saw exactly what happned when you maddle with other gods work and the world harmony and despite it never used his power to make anything or give birth to life only to dominte and steal what other made.

Rath Wolfscar who was bloodthirsty as redfiest even before most of his tribe died and afterwads lost it to the point other orcs tribes abandned him.

Genethas who betrayed humanity just for the sake of power . not out of anger, not out of vegnace, not out of some aganda just for more power like most demon cultiest but unlike most of them he already had high postion of power and prestige, he caused the defeat in the voidwar and lead the demon cultiest in the currct conflict, he was also responible for getting gardon and graymoore away from the battle of the dead mountion cusing the terrible defeat there and by doing so allowed Largoth to effictivly strip both of them of their power under the emprer guise. i belive that if you count all the indiract kill he cused by spying, losing battles on purprse and converting more people into demon cultiest he has more kills then duke Redfist .

Level 20
Well a tad bit late on this one but here goes nothing.

Regarding Vanessa she is probably my favorite character in the Orc books,she adds that much needed flexbility to the orcs who usually have a caveman approach to things i.e:I either smash or I run well up untill the second orc book that is.Considering that Blackthorn is canon and the only way to get the shieldbearers is to go with Vanessa's way on dealing with the humans i'd say she played a big role on shaping the Dominion the way that they are right now one could say just like her father(adoptive one) when he picked her up she has shown a great deal of foresight on helping her clansmen thrive.She is like the best of two worlds,she certainly isn't afraid to speak her mind when she opposes both Rangul and Zarimak and back up her claims but she has shown a great deal of more "underhand" tactics where she played with Sasrogarn's respect towards her to help her stop the slaughtering of the humans after the Castel of Kome had been taken.

Regarding a brief cinematic after she has been captured where she says something along the lines of "A queen of the orc kind why not" i thought she might have played a bigger role during the second orc book,not to mention her look alike avatar found in the cave, sadly her spot was taken by Amari
(which truth be told...Its far more bland than her),maybe that line was refering to the secret ending of the orc book,i dont know.

Honestly I see her as the perfect leader the orc kind needed but due to the fact that she is actually a Human she would never reach that kind of power when other more Hardline Orc leaders are still around so we all had to settle for a dumbed down version of her in Amari who is Brians lapdog.(I mean during the Civil war she wasn't even remotely mentioned)

It seems like she might have found a "second home" among the Ogres tho their Leader greatly respects her from all the small lines i seem to remember on top of my head.

Sadly due to her nature she will have to forever be that obscure character,even on screen time,she comes and goes.

As for her Papa...Well you might have seen my comments about him around other threads(where i certainly seem like a Redfist Fnatic) I simply love the character,his sheer brashness and his totally irrational decision and approach towards things...One could say in that regard he is similar to orcs(before the second orc book) isn't that Ironic...

Last edited:
Level 29
She is like the best of two worlds,she certainly isn't afraid to speak her mind when she opposes both Rangul and Zarimak and back up her claims but she has shown a great deal of more "underhand" tactics where she played with Sasrogarn's respect towards her to help him stop the slaughtering of the humans after the Castel of Kome had been taken.

True.

As for her Papa...Well you might have seen my comments about him around other threads(where i certainly seem like a Redfist Fnatic) I simply love the character,his sheer brashness and his totally irrational decision and approach towards things...One could say in that regard he is similar to orcs(before the second orc book) isn't that Ironic...

It is easy for people to turn into what they hate.

Like Nietzsche said
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

Of course, the issue is that the Duke became a genocidal monster right after what losing his family. He didn't start with "I want to kill those that took my family away from me" or "I will kill them so that no one else will suffer like I did". No, he became "I want to kill their entire race and anyone that sides with them, and that is all that matters to me."

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Well, he did not really "start" like that. If I may quote his character sheet.
However, fate was cruel to him and he found his family lying dead around him sooner than he could imagine. Broken, Redfist returned to the Empire, locking himself up for weeks in his chambers within his family's castle. When he left his chambers, he was a different man. Where kindness had been, there was mercilessness. Where tolerance had been, there was hatred. Where compassion had been, there was apathy.

Level 29
Well, he did not really "start" like that. If I may quote his character sheet.

Ok, but that was most likely his mourning phase.

If we follow this model

Kubler-ross-grief-cycle-1-728.jpg

He went Denial (after receiving the news), then went Anger (as seen in the flashback), then Depression and Bargaining and Acceptance (his time in the chambers), only that his Acceptance phase was not exactly moving on, but rather clinging to his past and seeking revenge.

Level 20
In the end Redfist ended up just like the Orcs who he swore to destroy that's the best and most Ironic part about him,thats why i enjoyed the character in the end...Like i get where you are coming from but you have given so far into the anger and hatred you've become utterly insane and irrational to the point you ended up making orcs stronger and actually gave them a permanent home IN the continent you called homeland once.

Then again his legacy of irrational thought lives on in his three dumb daughters...Sadly none of them isn't as cunning and smart as their half-sister Vanessa(Rest easy king for at least one of your progeny actually has not inherited your irrational temper)

Level 29
Then again his legacy of irrational thought lives on in his three dumb daughters...Sadly none of them isn't as cunning and smart as their half-sister Vanessa(Rest easy king for at least one of your progeny actually has not inherited your irrational temper)

Vanessa was raised by orcs, a savage and bloodthirsty race, most of them hated her guts... and she ended up being the sanest out of all Redfist's children.

It is both funny and sad at the same time, really.

Level 20
Vanessa was raised by orcs, a savage and bloodthirsty race, most of them hated her guts... and she ended up being the sanest out of all Redfist's children.

It is both funny and sad at the same time, really.

Goes to show how skilled she truly is...Sadly Brian's lapdog snached her spotlight during the second orc book...Also dont you all think its funny that out of all the Characters in every book Redfist shares the most of similarities with Rath a orc XD.

Level 6
you mean full demonic route when she merges with Lisara of pratly demonic route when she have demonic powers but shes human?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Since @DD Mikasa apparently forgot to create a new poll & half of the week is over, how about
the next character for you folk to be discussed is the one with most votes from the recent polls
until he puts up a new poll on Saturday? That'd be Aedale Redfist herself in this case (who already had
been slightly mentioned in the discussion about her father & half-sister)

What do you guys think?
If you are cool with that, stage's opened!

Level 29
Since @DD Mikasa apparently forgot to create a new poll & half of the week is over, how about
the next character for you folk to be discussed is the one with most votes from the recent polls
until he puts up a new poll on Saturday? That'd be Aedale Redfist herself in this case (who already had

What do you guys think?

Alright, I will give my opinion.

At the start of the FHB, I didn't like Aedale. She seemed like the stereotypical young naive and curious mage, and the fact that her first appearence was her playing the role of dansel in distress didn't help either.

She only started to get interesting after the mission when we find the first demon shard. She ignored Rahandir's warnings, but, at the same time, listened to him complimenting her. She even contradicted herself when she said "He is an undead, we can't trust in what he said. But he did say that I had potential." So, make up your mind, Aedy, you can't just not trust on what doesn't suit you!

Once she tasted the power of the shard, she wanted more. She goes to Merlon in order to get a ship and gets annoyed when it seems that she can't get to the island, not concerning that Merlon was facing a large fleet of orcs. After absorbing the second artifact, her lust for power only grew. She didn't even care that Largoth killed her comrades.

The following mission then revealed why she turned out like that. Her father, the beloved Duke, would make Tywin Lannister seem like Father of the Year. I liked that Jayborino, in his walkthrough, said that Aedale's memories were clearly warped for there was no way Volarian would be such cliché asshole father, but SOB proved otherwise :)

He didn't care that her tutors claimed that she had lots of potential. He even claimed that her siblings were powerful unlike her, and yet in the SOB he claims that all of his children were dissapointments. No wonder that Aedale has such an inferiority complex and she wanted so much to prove herself. She wanted power in order to show to both the world and herself that she wasn't weak. Her insatiable thirst for power could perhaps only be matched by her lack of self-confidence.

That explains why she grew affectionate to Blen, since he must have been one of the very few that showed concern for her and this persisted even after she merged with Lisara. However, once Blen dies, Aedale commits herself to both getting revenge on her father and seeking more power.

All in all, Aedale is perhaps one of the most tragic characters in Arkain. All she wanted was to show that she wasn't the weakling her family thought she was. She got both the power and revenge she wanted, but it costed her everything (the few people that cared for her, her sanity and eventually herself).

Last edited:
Level 19

What do you guys think?

I dont have much to say about Aedale.

At the beginning She was a plane character, as jayborino said in his playthrough a Jaina clone, she really liked Greymore because he saved her and like all his siblings he wanted to fight for the Empire and the Kingdoms.

The moment she take the shard was probably the moment that i aprecciate her more. He was more powerful but still cares about Salomar and the soldiers that acompany her. In Merlon´s mission well, he just wanted to go to the island.

After taking the artifact, She didnt care at all about other concers, just lust for power and short after, the pact with Lisara.
That moment was when i lost all the appreciation i had on her, why would i ever care about a girl who sucumb to demonic powers and didnt care about his soldiers and partners.

On SHB, we see how she was treated by Best Dad of the Year, understanding his lust for power in order to get stronger and make her father proud. But she could have been a lot stronger other ways like Cora (before turning to darkness).

After killing her papa and losing his mind and body to Lisara. We know that she banished herself because of Greed.

So summarizing, one of the characters that had the best growth in the series and the first daughter of redfist to lost his pride to power who played a great role in the events of Arkain, i just hope she can reunited with Bleen in afterlife.

Also, could we make our own strawpoll if Mikasa forgets another week?

Level 22
It's strange, but even after all the character development and on-screen time that she got, I couldn't get invested in Aedale. Consuming the shard and artifact just made her more hateable and even though her new character was better than her bland girl that had a bad childhood persona, it failed to make her Gardon, Rahandir or even Brian levels of cool, for me at least.
Maybe it's because she became the semi-brute of Lisara that was cast aside when she wasn't needed anymore.
The worst part about her was getting corrupted even if the player made the "right" choices concerning the shard and artifact. Luckily, that'll get fixed in the true story of Arkain.

Level 29
It's strange, but even after all the character development and on-screen time that she got, I couldn't get invested in Aedale. Consuming the shard and artifact just made her more hateable and even though her new character was better than her bland girl that had a bad childhood persona, it failed to make her Gardon, Rahandir or even Brian levels of cool, for me at least.

Well, that is kind of true. Rahandir claimed that she had potential, but we don't get to see that. Most of her accomplishments are due to her absorbing demonic artifacts and merging with Lisara.

Even the version of her subduing Lisara to her will isn't, as Lisara was weakened, hence why she had to resort to Aedale, and Aedale pretty much used Lisara's own power against her.

Level 19
Well, that is kind of true. Rahandir claimed that she had potential, but we don't get to see that.

That´s it, she could have been a really strong hydromancer like her sister, or even stronger. But instead she choose demonic power instead of hardworking and knowledge

Level 29
That´s it, she could have been a really strong hydromancer like her sister, or even stronger. But instead she choose demonic power instead of hardworking and knowledge

Well, her sister is older than her, so she had more time to get stronger.

Also, Aedale was kind of in a hurry. Her father disowned her and she was in a war that could end with an entire continent being destroyed by the demons. She had to find as much power she could and as quick as possible.

And she did get stronger and far quicker than she would have through training, but the cost was too big.

Level 20
Ehmmm I thought that since we had two characters i'd allow a two week discussion,and i swear to god i thought i announced it but looking through my commets i haven't so...Ill be dammed my brain is starting to get old.

Level 20
@Everyone

I don't know if this is my issue only but for some reason i cannot open the link to the latest character discussion poll can someone check and let me know if they have the same issue as me or is this a problem on my side.

Status
Not open for further replies.