• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Characters of Arkain [SPOILER]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
@Everyone

I don't know if this is my issue only but for some reason i cannot open the link to the latest character discussion poll can someone check and let me know if they have the same issue as me or is this a problem on my side.

I went to check it and it works for me.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The link seems kind of buggy, sometimes it works, sometimes not.
This is what the poll currently looks like:
upload_2020-5-23_21-36-35.png

Level 20
I can always make another poll or simply make a thread on my profile page and let everyone to re-vote there

If everyone is okay with that let me know and i shall proceed

Level 20
Looks like the ling is bugged,i was hoping it would fix itself but that's not the case.

You can all vote on my most recent thread in my profile page,just write the name of the character.

Stay safe everyone!

Level 20
Now come one all of you dont be shy get the speculations going i am sure you all have got smth to say about the newest boy in the rotting corpses neighbourhood.

Level 29
Now come one all of you dont be shy get the speculations going i am sure you all have got smth to say about the newest boy in the rotting corpses neighbourhood.

I like how Ornassion is being shown. He is the newbie, the new recruit and he is still getting used to be part of the Nexuses. He is receiving advices from his fellow senpais, such as Haran'tel-kazor.

But now allow me to start from the beginning by checking his Character sheet.

Unlike other dreadlords, Ornasion had always prefered brute force over manipulations or mind games. This made others of his kind consider him a savage brute, not worth much more than some pitlord. He was considered simple-minded, no threat to the far more intelligent and cunning dreadlords. However, it was this apparent "simple-mind" that spared him from the political games between other Demons, allowing him to focus on what he did best: Warfare. He became a great tactician and led the Blooddrinker Legion into many successful battles against their enemies.

Taking into consideration that he isn't stupid at all, Ornassion not liking manipulation means that he is a more straightforward guy, rather than being one that uses others to do the job for him. But then his reaction at the politics of the Sisterhood also shows that he clearly abhorred these games that his kin played against each other, probably because he hated seeing demons using each other like that simply to gain more power.

He challenged all higher-ranking dreadlords of the Blooddrinker Legion at once - and tore them apart. While actually being the brute they always considered him to be, he was no fool and was driven by the same ambition as others of his kind were.

He most likely was disgusted that his legion was being led by fools that underestimated him and were too busy scheming and backstabbing one another instead of making the Bloooddrinker Legion stronger as a whole.

Wow, I am starting to see some parallels between him and Darth Bane from Star Wars.

Ornasion used his brute force to make the Blooddrinker Legion the most numerous by absorbing several smaller Legions. In doing so and due to his tactical abilities, he had secured the place of his Legion as the one leading the charge against the Humans and other races of Arkain, planning to destroy all his enemies - be it by crushing their lands or by corrupting their minds.

Ornassion's leadership worked only on the short term, which makes sense. He is a tactician, not a strategist. He can win battles for sure, but he believes that is all that matters. He had no idea that the other legions allowed the Blooddrinker Legion to be the ones to attack first simply because they knew that the Blooddrinker Legion would be the ones to suffer the biggest losses, by killing the top defenders of the Kingdoms.

He was nothing but a puppet for Kersidar and his Souleater Legion, who used his way of thinking and his entire army to ease the road that would allow them to destroy the Kingdoms.

Sadly, Ornassion only found out about this after he was killed and raised by Aridon, and he is obviously pissed. He is eager to deal with the same demons that had used him and his soldiers as frontline canon fodder. Both his hatred and thirst for revenge are such that he isn't resentful at all that Aridon killed him. He perhaps is even grateful, as Aridon provided him with the chance to take his revenge. While this makes him useful while dealing with demons, it also makes him very impatient and bloodthirsty, two things that don't fit with the way how undead work.

Level 22
Ornassion is a semi-mindless brute that you can either love or hate. Him being betrayed makes you feel slightly sorry for him, even if he was a big problem for the kingdoms to overcome.
Although he is pretty much Aridon's slave, he has kept his old personality intact. That can cause quite the problems, though he will eventually learn to control himself under the undead's guidance.
All that he needs is plenty of screen time in the SUB and I can see him as one of the better undead characters.

I think Aridon would let him get the killing... if such opportunity takes place.
Although he deserves it, I think it will be like in the SHB, with Brian getting to finish him off. It was mentioned that high ranking dreadlords were very hard to kill and I doubt Ornassion would have the power to finish him off, even by the SUB's end.

Level 6
Although he deserves it, I think it will be like in the SHB, with Brian getting to finish him off. It was mentioned that high ranking dreadlords were very hard to kill and I doubt Ornassion would have the power to finish him off, even by the SUB's end.
first: where did Brian came off?
second: Ornasion could killed his body while Ardion could just finish his "soul"

Level 19
About Ornasion the Destroyer, our favorite dreadlord (well thats not really true but anyway).

He seems like a brute, he hates plotting against other demons and likes a more... direct way.
Despite being a brute he is not stupid, he killed all the other dreadlords on the bloodrinker legion many years before the invasion, getting a reputed position. Having the honor of being the first legion to attack the Kingdoms.

Also, we saw on the map Elves of the Deep that he is still learning from other undead about how the nexus works, but he is loyal to Aridon nonetheless.

We´ll probably have a lot of screentime with Ornasion on SUB and we´ll get to love it or hate it.

Level 20
Well guys we are running out off characters worth actually talking about...I mean no one wants to talk about your sir lerings,salomars and what not...I am thinking of ways of evolving this discussion and have some ideas in my head but as we say in Albania,two minds are better than one if some of you have any suggestions please do mention them to me either here or in my profile page...

Even if we dont come up with something interesting it has been a fun fun ride while it lasted : )

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I mean, there is still the characters that didn't win past polls and a lot of other chars that others
may find more interesting than you do, Mikasa.
I mean no one wants to talk about your sir lerings,salomars and what not
You sure?

I mean, if you don't want to continue this because you do not think other characters interesting,
perhaps someone else from the people who post here will take up the mantle? ;-]

Of course, if people are not interested in this thread anymore or anything, then they can just
stop using it, I am not gonna make that decision for anyone, I leave this completely up to the
people who use this thread, it is not my or your decision to make. :)

Level 19
Well, if people still wanna talk about characters we can still use it.

I mean, We could talk about Vail, Zarin, Merlon or Marin, even Thanok or Harmos on the side of human characters
Amari, Okri, Zairmak, Brockta or Flameduus on orc character
Still not sure about undead (Because we already had Krom, Rahandir and Ornasion)

.Who else here even remembers Salomar.

"Silently raises hand"

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Level 19
Among others, exactly.

We have your Character Sheets with some interesting information to use.

Like that Okri is the Sister of the Blademaster on the Bloodhand(The red one) Clan on that Mission where Rangul unite all the clans by defeating the Moghtar.
Or that Flameduus is one centaur of a 300 Years Kind because he can manipulate Fire, but we dont know how much his lifespan is so he lives until another succesor come or the Centaur are leaderless until another ritual occurs.

Things like that, if no one want to debate i could think that myself.

Pd. Maybe i´ll open another post about Factions

Level 6
but what happends with Salomar in Second Orc Book if he survives the slaughter from first book? As choice it done nothing

Level 20
Well sinc you all put it your way i guess i can re run polls on the loosers and see which one of them wins or we can do a

X vs Y type discussion in terms of how they might relate to the story (not necessarily them being sworn enemies).

Also one last thing here in Albania the universities have resumed their work so i might not be totally active(As you might have seen as well from my absence on Ornassion discussion) i am on my last year of my masters degree and for all of you who have gone through that,you know very well how stressfull and time consuming this last part of the university is...You have my full premission to organize polls of your own and carry on with the discussion as you see fit,just try and put one in charge for the polls so we dont have 3-4 persons running pulls at the same time.

Level 19
Good Luck Mikasa.

ou have my full premission to organize polls of your own and carry on with the discussion as you see fit,just try and put one in charge for the polls so we dont have 3-4 persons running pulls at the same time.

Then this week, i´ll take care of the strawpoll and anyone can make another one next week.
Which Character should we Discuss Next?

I took one loser of each race for this one.

Level 19
Curious, how do you feel about Lerrig? :D

I dont like him, He left cleavehand to die, side with the traitor, then used daric to get some tactic knowledge and die anyway. But at least he had thorns aura and healing wave so is better than Sas

Better Green or Decaying Skin than human skin.

You are right, or no skin at all (Yes, i´m refering to the bone legion)

Level 29
And if you meant only for this poll: Poor Blen. X)

Of course I mean only regarding this poll.

He deserves it.

Lerrig is pretty much a human Sasrogarn, but even worse. At least Sas didn't ruin his faction's chances of surviving (foolishly following a traitor in the first books, sending Daric's company to hunt down orcs rather than fighting demons)

Level 29
I guess Okri won!

Hurray!

Then let us begin!

However, when she reached her later teens, a formerly close friend revealed that she wasn't really the daughter of the chieftain. Instead, his wife had been raped by some Imperial during a battle, making Okri "only" a half-orc.

A pity this part didn't play a bigger part in the plot.

Imagine her hating humans, and when Amari reminds her that she had human blood running through her veins, she would retort that she wished to have never been born. And then she meets Vanessa and slowly changes her perspective...

Okri had to learn to survive alone in the wilds, and at several points, she had been on death's door. Yet, she managed to survive with sheer willpower and anger alone.

The Dark Side does have its benefits...

Somehow, she even managed to catch a young felhound who had been left behind by other Demons and tamed him for her own. Years later, she would meet Amari who had just founded the Cliffhunter Clan, a clan of exiled orc women, and join her. They quickly became close friends, for they both had been abandoned by their clans and were about the same age.

And yet, if I recall, Amari and Grella have more conversations in the campaign than Amari and Okri.

Somehow, she even managed to catch a young felhound who had been left behind by other Demons and tamed him for her own.

Okri is an orc-human hybrid, whose parents got killed, who got exiled, adopted a felhound and joined a clan of exiled female orcs. She had the potential to be quite an interesting character, but instead we had to deal with stupid Sasrogarn.

Level 22
Okri seemed like a pretty interesting character based on her character bio.
She wasn't given that much screentime though and will mostly be remembered as one of Amari's many followers ( and for her tankiness in-game). I hope further short stories and even the true story changes that.
Her having a felhound as a pet was pretty cool though.

Level 20
Okri seemed like a pretty interesting character based on her character bio.
She wasn't given that much screentime though and will mostly be remembered as one of Amari's many followers ( and for her tankiness in-game). I hope further short stories and even the true story changes that.
Her having a felhound as a pet was pretty cool though.

Truth be told she seems like what Grofzag is,or rather WAS to Sasrogarn, but for Amari.Never took much interest on her sure she has a cool fellhound pet but man she is so barebones in terms of anything else all I remember from her was her Bullying of Sasrogarn while they were about to be gangbanged by a slew of Mercenaries and Salarian knight's because reasons,thank god Lokar steped in and shut up both of the kids and their playground insults but then again she is half human and we all know humans love their petty insults.

The fact that this subject(she being half human and all) isn't even mentioned once in the SOB makes you think she is just a filler character there to take some screen time and go away again.

But then again YaY for the half pink half green fellhound riding angry girl cuz she is cool and all!

Level 19
Amari and Grella have more conversations in the campaign than Amari and Okri.

We never have a deep conversation between amari and Okri, despite the first mision before grella join us

The fact that this subject(she being half human and all) isn't even mentioned once in the SOB makes you think she is just a filler character there to take some screen time and go away again.

That´s the main issue with Okri. I thought that maybe she could have got some love on the Gnoll island, going to her rescue instead of Grella and Oneeye, or going at the beginning instead of Grozfag (But we need some orc representative to get some deathbreeze members on those missions, and also to know about how Grozfag killed Merlon)

I would love to have a minor conversation between Okri and Rangul about where is the Chieftain of the Bloodhand Clan, looking for his brother.

Level 19
We need a whole new interlude between chapter 7/8 about this topic, or Vanessa asking zairmak about the moghtar.

Level 29
It appears that Lisara has won!

Alrighty, then let us begin.

Before her banishment, Lisara was a high-ranking leader of the Blooddrinker Legion, the most brutish of the Demon Legions. Being physically weaker than most other succubi and other Demons, Lisara had to trick and outsmart her enemies within her legion to make a name for herself.

Already noticing some differences between her and Ornassion...

So she was only weaker than the other succubi in physical terms? What about in terms of magic? Because if she was weaker also regarding this, and yet her fused with Aedale managed to overpower both Redifst and his bodyguards, then I can only imagine if Aedale had instead fused with Ebira.

One of these enemies was the brutish dreadlord Ornasion the Destroyer, also called "Pit Dreadlord" by others of his kind due to his apparent simple-minded behaviour. However, Lisara learned first-hand that he wasn't as foolish as he made others think. Lisara, who had tried to trick him into fighting against her enemies to weaken him and to strengthen her, was fooled by him. He made her believe that he'd do as she said but instead let her enemies kill several of her most competent underlings, severely weakening her.

Then does that make Ornassion smarter than Lisara or did he outsmarted her simply because she underestimated him?

Lisara managed to manipulate Aedale but this is not that much of an achievement since: a) Aedale already had quite an inferiority complex and a nasty backstory that made her easy to be used and b) Aedale had already absorbed two demonic artifacts. If Lisara is a cunning manipulator, that is not shown in the campaigns.

Instead of killing her for her attempt to trick him, Ornasion offered Lisara a chance to work for him instead. Being impressed by the dreadlord whom she had considered nothing but a brute in the past, she accepted. Even before Ornasion became the leader of the Blooddrinker Legion, the two got closer and had feelings for each other that were... unusual for Demons.

And both ended up being betrayed.

However, when Lisara opposed the demoness Ebira of the Souleater Legion, Ebira's machinations managed to turn her into a traitor in the eyes of many. It took a long time, but finally even Ornasion began to doubt her loyalty and allowed Ebira to imprison Lisara - under the condition that she would be left alive and otherwise unharmed.

I wonder if Lisara's resentment towards Ornassion was lessened due to this. He did his best in ensuring that she was left in the best condition avaiable.

This is even more tragic in hindsight. Ornassion ended up being betrayed by the Souleater Legion as well. He perhaps, either in his final moments as a demon or in his first moments as an undead, realized that Lisara was also a victim of their manipulation as well. That could add yet another reason for him to despise his former race, since they made him mistrust, betray and imprison his lover.

I wonder what Lisara would feel if she was to know Ornassion's death. Would she feel satisfied that karma got Ornassion or pity that her former love was once again a victim of the Souleaters' manipulations?

I now want to see in the SUB he having the chance to shred Ebira into pieces for using him to get rid of Lisara.

Regardless, Lisara felt betrayed and alone, as she was imprisoned for centuries. Hatred filled her and she only longed for one thing: Revenge.

And yet, her actions throughout the books are not guided by this. Her manipulating Aedale and eventually consuming her, killing the Golden Guard (in the Golden Guard storyline) didn't affect in any way the demons that she despised.

I know that she joined the Dark One in return of getting her revenge, but she is either very patient, the Dark One is holding a very tight leash or she has become truly devoted to her new master. The demons invaded Arkain, got defeated and pretty much sealed in the Void and the Dark One played little role in this. In fact he must have delayed the demons' defeat even more.

Level 19
About Lisara, around the campaigns we dont have much moments with her and Aedale.
She was just using Aedale to escape his prison, aiding her against her father and his lieutenants, just to achieve his goal. To take full control of her body and mind in order to take revenge. I suppose revenge against the demon legions that betrayed her, and more specifically against Ebira.

One of these enemies was the brutish dreadlord Ornasion the Destroyer, also called "Pit Dreadlord" by others of his kind due to his apparent simple-minded behaviour. However, Lisara learned first-hand that he wasn't as foolish as he made others think. Lisara, who had tried to trick him into fighting against her enemies to weaken him and to strengthen her, was fooled by him. He made her believe that he'd do as she said but instead let her enemies kill several of her most competent underlings, severely weakening her.
I know that betrayals are something common on demon legions, however i didnt expected Ornasion to do something like that to his trusted commander.

And yet, her actions throughout the books are not guided by this. Her manipulating Aedale and eventually consuming her, killing the Golden Guard (in the Golden Guard storyline) didn't affect in any way the demons that she despised.

Van Durce was going to launch a full-scale invasion against the Emperor, also we know that the emperor is being impersonate by Largoth. Both Lisara and Largoth work for the Dark One, she just couldnt let Van Durce live if he was going to weaken his demon partner forces. So it didnt affected the demons, but i could have affected the Dark One servants.

I dont think we´ll see more about her in SUB, so we´ll have to wait until Shar release some tales about the demoness and the Dark One.

Level 29
I know that betrayals are something common on demon legions, however i didnt expected Ornasion to do something like that to his trusted commander.

Well, both we, the readers, and Lisara know that Ornassion betrayed her, but in Ornassion's perspective Lisara was the real traitor. He was tricked by Ebira.

Van Durce was going to launch a full-scale invasion against the Emperor, also we know that the emperor is being impersonate by Largoth. Both Lisara and Largoth work for the Dark One, she just couldnt let Van Durce live if he was going to weaken his demon partner forces. So it didnt affected the demons, but i could have affected the Dark One servants.

I know, but

In the First Books, the Demons invaded the Kingdoms and in the Second Books, they only started to be defeated near the end.

The Dark One didn't help one bit in dealing with the demons, that credit goes to Gardon's Ironfist and Aridon's undead. Now the demons have been pushed back to the Void and they will stay there for a very long time.

My point is this. Lisara joined the Dark One in return of having her revenge, but she ended up joining one of the factions that helped the less in defeating them. So, unless the Dark One is planning to enter the Void some day and wipe out the demons, and I am guessing that it will take quite a while, Lisara should have already started regretting her choice.

Level 19
My point is this. Lisara joined the Dark One in return of having her revenge, but she ended up joining one of the factions that helped the less in defeating them. So, unless the Dark One is planning to enter the Void some day and wipe out the demons, and I am guessing that it will take quite a while, Lisara should have already started regretting her choice.

We still dont know the true objective of the Dark One, we know that he wants to destroy the remaining god, that both Bryan and Aridon are gathering armies to fight him.
That he have the Empire of Rodan (Because of Largoth) and the remainings of the Moghtar, among other armies.

Maybe Lisara is just waiting until the Dark One deplete all his armies and destroy Arkain to get her Revenge on the demons.

P.S. Next week i´ll make a votation about the 4 gods

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
P.S. Next week i´ll make a votation about the 4 gods
I am trying not to involve myself too much in this thread, but I want to just throw this idea in
now because it just struck me after reading this since we already had Aridon:
How about making like a "themed" week for this topic? One day for each one of the Four & the
remaining days to talk about the entire group? Or just about the entire group for the entire week.

Level 29
We still dont know the true objective of the Dark One, we know that he wants to destroy the remaining god, that both Bryan and Aridon are gathering armies to fight him.

According to "Birth of a World" story, the Dark One wanted absolute control: he wanted to get rid of the other three and to corrupt all they have created.

Maybe Lisara is just waiting until the Dark One deplete all his armies and destroy Arkain to get her Revenge on the demons.

But that will most likely take a lot of time. And I am unsure if demons are immortal concerning aging. If she waits for too long, all those she wants to take revenge on will die.

I am trying not to involve myself too much in this thread, but I want to just throw this idea in
now because it just struck me after reading this since we already had Aridon:
How about making like a "themed" week for this topic? One day for each one of the Four & the
remaining days to talk about the entire group? Or just about the entire group for the entire week.

Sounds fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.