• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chaotica: A Card Game v1.01a

A turnbased map along the lines of Magic the Gathering and Wow trading card game with the option of building your own custom deck.

The goal of the game is to kill the opposing deckmaster. However, he is protected by three strong shield which you have to take down before you can target him.

To do this, you summon essences, every turn, you gain mana depending on the number of essences you have in play. This mana can be used to summon creatures to attack your opponent and to cast various spells.

The game is turnbased.

The map is now 2v2 instead of 1v1.

Keywords:
card, deck, trading, magic, turnbased
Contents

Chaotica: A Card Game v1.01a (Map)

Reviews
13:38, 13th Oct 2008 Septimus: Tested and seems to be working fine. Approve.

M

13:38, 13th Oct 2008
Septimus: Tested and seems to be working fine. Approve.

Level 2
Not bad. I'd say change the colors of the text on the items though. Being all gold makes it hard to read at first glance.

Card type, stats, cost and abilities could stay gold, but make what comes after them a different color. Easier to recognize stuff more quickly with these short turns.

Level 5
not bad. Be nice if you could make a rematch system. Units also shouldn't be able to use their abilities and attacks unless it is that players. Also When a unit died with the web buff it ended up dropping to the floor.

Level 7
Thx a lot all for the comments.

Also, I've noticed there is a severe victory bug in the new version, I'll try and fix it as soon as possible.

EDIT: the bug has been fixed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Yes, I've checked it, apparently I placed the action that adds player two to team two in the else part of an if-loop instead of the then-part, thus screwing up the entire game for player two.

It should be fixed now though.

Level 7
okay, it was a bit slow for my taste.
but for the genre, it's very well done.
i was ownin some guy but we kinda got bored and stopped.

Level 9
U know,you can try put AI in the map.Because is hard to find someone who real know how to play this game!

Level 5
Sorry for double posting

The Good:
Good card game, Requires intellect to overcome the learning curve
Many many different combos within the cards.
Good concept.

The Bad:
With the learning curve, it is most likely that this game will become a social buffer, rooting out the "stupid" people from the intellectuals.
Given the amount of combos. There's still too little cards.

The UGLY (Bugs):
The Tombstone doesn't create a skeleton! It just stays as a tombstone!
"End Turn" doesn't work when there's only 1 player to a team.
You can sacrifice your allies essences. This is bad and good, i don't know if this is a bug or not.

Level 7
Thanks, I'm aware of the difficulty of the map and the bugs you mentioned, I'm willing to fix them, but I'm working on an all new version of the map, so I'm not sure if still fixing them would be wise. In the new version, there will be a short tutorial of the game, so new players will understand the concept.

I've uploaded a very early alpha version of the new map on the helper forums, you can check it out at this link:

[Other] Chaotica: A Card Game - Page 5 - The Helper Forums

Level 5
The Good:
Skeletons are more useful
Most bugs are fixed.

The Bad:
If people get too many creatures out, the game becomes impossible to win.

The Ugly Bugs:
You can sacrifice your ally's essences to draw cards.

Suggestions:
Add some cards with really good effects and call them "Legendary" cards, They can only have 1 "Legendary" copy of each card in the deck, (As the same as MTG's "legend rule").

Add creature types? and add abilites and spells that affect those creature types?

Level 7
I honestly thought I had fixed the bug with being able to sacrifice you're allies essences:eekani:

Thanks for your great support by the way, but I'm not planning to add a lot more to this map since I'm working on the sequel of this map, all ideas will also be implemented in this new map. Why don't you check out that map and say what you think of it?

[Other] Chaotica: A Card Game - Page 5 - The Helper Forums

I'd be glad if you'd check it out, since you've already given such good feedback.

Level 4
I played your map, and it was pretty good. It definitely needs more cards, but those will come with time.

Couple of bugs I've found.

1. Giant growth works on shields and glitches as well. The shield doesn't get more life, but it does get a perma 3 attack making it kill creatures that attack it.
2. When a player dies, they can continue to use rods of ruin to fight. I had a game where one player died with 3 rods of ruin in play. He had unlimited essence and could deal 3 damage a turn while we attempted to kill his ally.

One other suggestion would be the ability to stack enchantments and more enchantments.

Either way, very good game. I look forward to future updates.

Level 4
I prefer Magic to Yugi but that's just because I've played magic for so long.

I'll test this new version today and let you know if I find any bugs and or places for improvement.

Level 1
This is a very good map! keep it on!
But I found something is unbalance .Siren's song ,it's only cost 4 mana and my opponent can control my monster which is very stronger.(sorry for my bad english ,I'm chinese)

Level 11
So, I played this with a rando one battle.net and... well, I won, but I felt bad for the other guy, since I just spammed monsters and beat him down until I eventually won. So, I'll just list off some things that I noticed
> I like the ability to spawn Essence at the cost of being unable to play more cards. That's said, I think the tutorial should've covered this
> Why do monsters regen health after each match? I think it the HP should remain at where it was, like the shields. It incentivizes having huge monsters and saving up essence to bring them out.

I like the idea behind the card game, I just think more could've been done to make it... well, fair and balanced. Otherwise, I feel like I'm playing a really old YuGiOh video game.

EDIT: I should've mentioned this as well, but why does the game end after someone plays? Why can't we have a chance for a rematch without having to rehost the map? There's a completely different card game that pulled that off, COME ON!

Last edited: