1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Chaotica: A Card Game v1.01a

Submitted by Astrella
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A turnbased map along the lines of Magic the Gathering and Wow trading card game with the option of building your own custom deck.

The goal of the game is to kill the opposing deckmaster. However, he is protected by three strong shield which you have to take down before you can target him.

To do this, you summon essences, every turn, you gain mana depending on the number of essences you have in play. This mana can be used to summon creatures to attack your opponent and to cast various spells.

The game is turnbased.

The map is now 2v2 instead of 1v1.

Keywords:
card, deck, trading, magic, turnbased
Contents

Chaotica: A Card Game v1.01a (Map)

Reviews
13:38, 13th Oct 2008 Septimus: Tested and seems to be working fine. Approve.
  1. 13:38, 13th Oct 2008
    Septimus: Tested and seems to be working fine. Approve.

2. Zelf

Zelf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not bad. I'd say change the colors of the text on the items though. Being all gold makes it hard to read at first glance.

Card type, stats, cost and abilities could stay gold, but make what comes after them a different color. Easier to recognize stuff more quickly with these short turns.

3. Bumkt

Bumkt

Resources:
    Resources:
    not bad. Be nice if you could make a rematch system. Units also shouldn't be able to use their abilities and attacks unless it is that players. Also When a unit died with the web buff it ended up dropping to the floor.

4. MyLilPwnie

MyLilPwnie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks like nothing I've ever played before, looks mega funs! and I mean that in the best way possible.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  5. Astrella

Astrella

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The four player version I'm currently working on is almost completed, so stay tuned...

6. RaidonGod

RaidonGod

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Your map is very nice :D it remembers me the time I've played Magic The Gathering =)
    keep on mapping I know this map will grow to a perfect cardgame map ;]

7. Astrella

Astrella

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thx a lot all for the comments.

Also, I've noticed there is a severe victory bug in the new version, I'll try and fix it as soon as possible.

EDIT: the bug has been fixed!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2008
  8. Argus

Argus

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A tiny bug I noticed while playing with my brother, he was on team 2, and he couldn't attack, and his "End Turn" didn't work. Worked perfectly for me though. The other players where computers btw, when we played I mean.

9. Astrella

Astrella

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, I've checked it, apparently I placed the action that adds player two to team two in the else part of an if-loop instead of the then-part, thus screwing up the entire game for player two.

It should be fixed now though.

10. Maximilianx

Maximilianx

Resources:
    Resources:
    okay, it was a bit slow for my taste.
    but for the genre, it's very well done.
    i was ownin some guy but we kinda got bored and stopped.

11. Astrella

Astrella

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    New update; the Cannibalize and Mind Rot cards have been fixed, the premade deck "the dead have risen again!" is available again.

12. Zedus

Zedus

Resources:
    Resources:
    not bad map, but can u make AI for it? :)

13. Astrella

Astrella

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll see what I can do...

14. Astrella

Astrella

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Apparently there was a bug considering essences not being played correctly...

15. Astrella

Astrella

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Uploaded a new version, hopefully bugless now. Since the four-player version, I keep finding bugs and bugs...

16. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    U know,you can try put AI in the map.Because is hard to find someone who real know how to play this game!

17. shadow2632

shadow2632

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    wow this map really sucks. But you have to correct the team 2 problem, they cant do anything which needs mana, also they cant attack or end their turn.

18. Astrella

Astrella

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That bug is already fixed in the latest version...

Also why does the map suck, if it sucks, at least give a reason why...:thumbs_down:

19. Discohydra

Discohydra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds interesting, Im a frequent player of MtG, Ill see what this is like, and ill give you my review.