• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chaotic Mage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
After couple of remakes and loads of tries on the emperors, I finally got them down, I defended grom'gol, and what do I get?

Imo the most crap skill in the game.

Yes, he have good Armor, but he does not have what it takes to be the last skill obtained. he got a selfheal, that has a huge mana cost compared to hes manapool.

yes he have a cleave, but hes attackspeed is so slow and its only 30%
30% of 27+26 someone? the mobs at that level has 1000+ health..

90 seconds cooldown, getting even worse.

I like the aura for my other minions, but its not enough.

I am deeply disappointed in this skill and I hope it gets replaced or buffed.

Make its damage scale ALOT more with your dmg.
also what about make the pets share crit/dodge with the caster?

For exampel the paladins last spell is 1000 times better, why not give something like that to the chaotic mage, but passive, and only works on minions?

Crap doomguard....

Level 11
Rest assured that as I play the map, i continue to fix things I feel are too weak, or too strong, the overall effect: in time, everything gets fixed and balanced

Level 2
Ok, good to hear, the only good thing about the doomguard atm is the spiritlink.

Edit: possible to make your minions teleport to the caster if they get to far away?.. sometimes i cant find some of mine so i gotto spam new ones untill they lost ones are dead :/

also, maybe add some SMALL aura to each minion, that buffs the other minions, so when they are togather they get a Decent buff, but if they are alone they are weak, funny idea imo :/

Level 2
previously the chaotic mage and his doomguard + minions were completely beastly imbalanced, they received a slight nerf.

As of right now, hes a pretty damn good damage dealer with his summons, maybe you are not realizing how much damage those little dudes and the doomguard put out. My doomguard does 26-27 + around 35 damage or so at level 25, has 40% damage reduction from armor, and then the 30-35 block. He is not meant to have 100% cleave, the 30% is just a bonus compared to having no cleave.

Also, are you soloing the emps and that centaur fight or playing with other people?

Level 2
mine has 26-27+26 at lvl 23.

thats 52-53

and mobs has atleast 20% reduction, and hes attackspeed is slow, like 2.00.

the small ones are fine.

would be cool if the doomguard himself get the effect from hes aura.

Edit: well, we were 2 in the game, me (23) and a warrior lvl 6.

Level 2
Ah nice, the aura is 30%? I believe it says 20% in the tooltip. will go and check and Ill update if i have wrong :p

but yea even if im right you will most likely edit to 45 so nvm. :p

Level 4
I laugh at your statement,CM's are used because of the doomguard,it helps in legendary games. Doomguard helps the team tank bosses: against twins doomguard is immune to AOE FIRE(not flamestrike) making him a durable tank,only problem is blizzard,in which case doomguard can be microed out,against kyron hes precious,he can tank whole lot of mobs without anyones support,i agree cleave sorta sucks,aura and self heal is key spells,they re ownage,against murton u often need durable tank,and yet again doomguard is ownage here,CM without doomguard is so weak,skellies arent exactly best tanks,IMO.

Level 11
and the skellies werent meant to be tanks, more like expendable meat shields to absorb damage and lower the incoming DPS to the heroes

thats why they have a 3s cooldown vs the doomguards longer CD

Level 34
A) Where is this stickie?

B) Would it be possible to add a hotkey to select all his minions? Doesn't seem like it would be too hard. An arrow key, Esc, something. Also are you/have you fixed the problem with his skels where once you get more than three, you have to cycle them. Sometimes you summon one, and it kills another when it shouldn't.

Necromancer is really strong at the start off the game but when u get to the desert please even easy mode can stop your necromancer from dead!!! u need to make the skeletons stronger as the guy said make buffs in each skeleton make ther hp bether and the necro has got to have more mana becous the last spell is very imao bether make a doomguard some spell when u kill a creep he becomes a doom guard or something or infernal shower!

Level 34
Vexen.X, you even read my post? I still think you should make a selection hotkey, and try and fix the skelies summon problem. Right now it's a pain in the ass. I'm guessing it's hardcoded though.

CM is the most OP class. Apparently you can solo twins at 25 or so. No other class can do that.

Level 2
Vexen.X, you even read my post? I still think you should make a selection hotkey, and try and fix the skelies summon problem. Right now it's a pain in the ass. I'm guessing it's hardcoded though.

CM is the most OP class. Apparently you can solo twins at 25 or so. No other class can do that.

Warriors can solo twins at high 20s or low 30s too, but they are tanks not super damage dealers.

CM is not necessarily OP because it can solo, in groups it is useful and good damage but not the highest damage class it has utility and self survivability too

Level 9
look the fact that it can solo anything meant for atleast 3 people only 5-8 levels below is a clear indication of OPness my CK cant even beat a single boss in the temple much less beat the twins maybe its my gear or maybe i just suck but really. i cant solo with ... anything unless its much higher level then it should be (like 9 or 10) but i've never played CM so if you can solo with it, it is OP. honestly you have a whole party a damage dealer (you) a tank (Doomguard) and tons of worthless meatshields to save you when the doomguard is down (skeletons) so stop complaining.

and btw becaus of this thread ... im switching to CM get me some OP madness! lol jk.

Status
Not open for further replies.