• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chaotic Knight (Tank) Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey I have a question about how to build a tanking chaotic knight (I have seen it done but was wondering what might be the best).

Would going pure constitution (no focus on his spells) or hybrid con/int or hybrid con/perception (perception for dodge/more power and some crit so he does more damage) be best? My friend went con/perception but I do not think it is the best way he could have gone to tank.

And as a second question is a pally or a chaotic knight (main) tank better for bosses? (I assume a pally would be better as offtank cause to my knowledge their heal is more efficient/better all around)

Thanks ahead of time for your input.

Level 11
as you progress deeper into the game, there are CK specific items that will help him be a better tank

A standard build would be 2 con/3 int and he tanks by also healing himself

Other players have gone 2 con, 1 perception, 2 int to add a little bit of dodge into the factor.

If you plan to tank, be sure to grab the tanking rings and necks for they increase your dodge chance

Nothing is better than a warrior for tanking just because of their defensive stance reducing all damage by 10%. But a CK make a good offtank because of his ability to wield a shield, self heal and deal damage to the targets he is tanking

Status
Not open for further replies.