• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Class: Necromancer Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I had nothing to do and I was brainstorming, and I have always loved to command a lot of units in RPG's and being able to control them in different ways, so I'm just sharing my idea with you guys, I'm aware that it's not probably going in as it's very hard to balance, and hard to make all new items etc.

The Necromancer, pretty much as the Chaotic Mage, but with less offensive spell, but stronger and more minions.

Abilities:
-Summon - Skeletal Warrior: Summons a Skeletal Warrior to aid his master, with his high armor and health, he makes an excellent tank, as the Necromancer gains levels, so does his minions improve in skill.
Abilities:
Level 5: Block.
Level 15: Critical Strike.
Level 20: Hasten, increases movement and attackspeed by 10%.
Level 30: Bones of Steel, Increases Armor by 10.
Level 40: Shield of Death, the skeleton takes 50% less damage when his hp drops bellow 40%

-Summon - Skeletal Mage: Summons a Skeletal Mage to aid his master, the Skeletal Mage is VERY weak in melee and should be kept at distance, in addition, the Skeletal Mage dish out an extremely high amount of Damage, as the Necromancer gains levels, so does his minions improve in skill.
Abilities:
Level 10: Critical Strike.
Level 20: Hasten, increases movement and attackspeed by 10%.
Level 30: Mana Shield.
Level 40: Chaos Damage, changes auto attack damage from magical to Chaos

-Rampaging Horde: The Necromancers minions goes into rampage, dealing x% extra damage, increasing movement and attack speed by 10%, and also causes their attacks to restore the necromancers health and mana for x duration.

-Degenerate: Aura that reduces nearby creatures health regeneration, (can go negative so they loose health), but increases your minions life regeneration.

-Commander of Death First Spell Learned: The necromancers temporary increases the maximum amounts of pets he can have, but doing so will cost him mana over time(1x Extra Minion per 10 Power).

-Summon - Infernal Commander Last Spell Learned: Summons a Infernal Commander from the Abyss, The Infernal is used to command huge packs of undead, giving them moral, increasing their damage done by 20% while the Infernal is nearby, Only one Infernal can be summoned on the same time.
Abilities:
From the Time you get the skill: Block and Critical Strike.
Level 30: Marked for Death, The infernals marks an enemy for death, your minions will rush towards the target getting a x% damage increase for the duration of the mark, you loose con troll of all your active minion except the infernal until the target is dead, or the mark has expired.
Level 40: Passive Immolate.

Level 2
I really like the idea of only beeing able to have 1 of each unless you get more with your power etc. It looks intresting that it's the summons that does the thing and not the hero. But if this is gonna get implemented (SPELLING!?) I would suggest that you remove summon spells on Chaotic Mage and replace them with something else.

In my opinion, if there gonna be a character that can summon stuff at all, it should be the above one that modeskon suggested. Not a character that is half depended on pets&himself. As said, if there is gonna be a hero that summons, he should be 90% or more depended on his pets!

Level 2
I really like the idea of only beeing able to have 1 of each unless you get more with your power etc. It looks intresting that it's the summons that does the thing and not the hero. But if this is gonna get implemented (SPELLING!?) I would suggest that you remove summon spells on Chaotic Mage and replace them with something else.

In my opinion, if there gonna be a character that can summon stuff at all, it should be the above one that modeskon suggested. Not a character that is half depended on pets&himself. As said, if there is gonna be a hero that summons, he should be 90% or more depended on his pets!

Never said that there would be one of each, only the infernal , but that's a good idea as well, or maybe make so the more you have,the weaker they are, lets say we have one with 600 hp and 60 damage for example, then we can split him into three lesser with 150hp each and 25 damage, less health but a bit extra damage for different encounters, would be cool and bring variation to the class.

I think VexenX mentioned that you will pick a subclass in the next region, then this would be a great idea, one side focusing strongly on minions, the other is only for damage spells and curses.

If this dont go trough, I would love to have the Chatoic mages doomguard changed to an infernal as it brings a more chatoic feel, as in chaos, what infernals are.

Level 2
I said it abit wrong. I meant only beeing able to have 1 of each. Instead of having 3 mages and warriors like it is now. I like that you can only summon 1 Warrior, that is strong enuf to work as a spell...

Status
Not open for further replies.