• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Channel ability turn on/off function

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello there!
Do you guys have a clue how to modify (if you even can) the Channel ability so you can use the turn on/off function? Like the defend ability for footmen. I've tried many things but i can't get it to work :S
If this is possible please respond

Regards Chewii

Level 4
I think you could for example use somethig like this. If it is not what you wanted, describe your problem more pls.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(defened))
    • Actions
and
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(undefened))
    • Actions
the first triggers when you order the footman to defend and to second one to deactivate that (obiously you can than alter the ability, if you want to use it for something else)

Edit: I probably slightly misunderstood the problem, but if you are skilled with triggers, you could do that in way I have shown above

Level 11
I want it to be able to toggle on and have it on forever if you'd like, like the defence spell for footmen. So it doesn't matter even if i set the duration to 0.01 seconds he will be invurnerable for 0.01 seconds and then it will automatically turn off. So i want it to be on forever but WITHOUT the invurnerability.

Does the beserk ability even have a turn off/on function?

Level 13
Do you just need to know the "state" of the unit or do you actually need defend/immolation etc.? You can just use channel, if its a hero learned ability you need 3 abilities, the dummy ability (the one the hero learns) should have visibility off and as many levels as necessary.

If you just need a unleveled ability that has "toggle" functionality, you use 2 abilities based on channel each with 2 levels, 1 level being visible and another level with the visibility checked off.

To explain this better I'll pretend we're making Defend and we are triggering the effects. So...The unit gets defend, now we add both channel based abilities, lets call them A and B. Have B initially set to level 2, so it is hidden from the command card (Denoting Defend is Off), A is present on the command card (Denoting we can turn on Defend by casting this) the option and waiting to be "activated" when the unit gets the order/starts the effect of an ability simply set the level of A to 2 and B to 1. This will effectively create a "toggable" ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.