1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Channel ability turn on/off function

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Chewii, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Chewii

Chewii

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello there!
    Do you guys have a clue how to modify (if you even can) the Channel ability so you can use the turn on/off function? Like the defend ability for footmen. I've tried many things but i can't get it to work :S
    If this is possible please respond

Regards Chewii

2. Nichilus

Nichilus

Resources:
    Resources:
    nope, afaik it's not possible. Still, why don't you use Defend ability as the base then? Just set all fields to 0 and you're ready to go.

3. _MB_

_MB_

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think you could for example use somethig like this. If it is not what you wanted, describe your problem more pls.
    • Untitled Trigger 001
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
      • Conditions
        • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(defened))
      • Actions

and
    • Untitled Trigger 001
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
      • Conditions
        • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(undefened))
      • Actions

the first triggers when you order the footman to defend and to second one to deactivate that (obiously you can than alter the ability, if you want to use it for something else)

Edit: I probably slightly misunderstood the problem, but if you are skilled with triggers, you could do that in way I have shown above

4. Chewii

Chewii

Resources:
    Resources:
    No it is not what i meant :p

Because i want 2 abilities with turn on/off function, however using 2 abilities with the same order ID will interfere :s

5. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    manashield, immolation, invulnerability, defense

What do you exactly need? If needed you also could create 2 seperated abilities, and only add 1 to unit.
    If the unit uses the ability, you remove it and add the other ability. So you would simulate it.

6. Chewii

Chewii

Resources:
    Resources:
    the problem with those are, if i use immolation the special effect will still be there nomatter what i do, same with divine sheild..

7. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You can remove the effect by removing the buff of the ability in object editor. ;)

8. Chewii

Chewii

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did that, but it doesn't work. :/

9. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    And if you go in category "buffs" in OE, search for divine shield and remove there the attachment for target?

10. Chewii

Chewii

Resources:
    Resources:
    the effect disappears, however the invurnability is still on

11. DysfunctionaI

DysfunctionaI

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Probably because you forgot to remove the Duration, or it's set to zero, which will make it last forever. Set the Duration to 0.01

My favorite skill to use for stuff like this is Beserk.

12. Chewii

Chewii

Resources:
    Resources:
    I want it to be able to toggle on and have it on forever if you'd like, like the defence spell for footmen. So it doesn't matter even if i set the duration to 0.01 seconds he will be invurnerable for 0.01 seconds and then it will automatically turn off. So i want it to be on forever but WITHOUT the invurnerability.

Does the beserk ability even have a turn off/on function?

13. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You want to have "it" forever? What is "it" here? I don't see the problem, if you don't want the 0.01 invul (even without buff) why not use other ability? :s

14. Nichilus

Nichilus

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is ability called Magic Defense, which is the same as Defend (in terms of fields this ability has) but with different ID.

15. pOke

pOke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do you just need to know the "state" of the unit or do you actually need defend/immolation etc.? You can just use channel, if its a hero learned ability you need 3 abilities, the dummy ability (the one the hero learns) should have visibility off and as many levels as necessary.

If you just need a unleveled ability that has "toggle" functionality, you use 2 abilities based on channel each with 2 levels, 1 level being visible and another level with the visibility checked off.

To explain this better I'll pretend we're making Defend and we are triggering the effects. So...The unit gets defend, now we add both channel based abilities, lets call them A and B. Have B initially set to level 2, so it is hidden from the command card (Denoting Defend is Off), A is present on the command card (Denoting we can turn on Defend by casting this) the option and waiting to be "activated" when the unit gets the order/starts the effect of an ability simply set the level of A to 2 and B to 1. This will effectively create a "toggable" ability.

16. Chewii

Chewii

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh thanks Nichilus, I didn't know that

yeah pOke that's true i could use abilities to add and remove the others, well thought!

17. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources: