• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hy!

I have a question about channel based custom abilities. If i modify the base order id and order string use/turn on, the malee ai will use this spell or not?

I found a list the spells which has the malee ai use, but if the channel modified is it works?

Cause i created a custom malee ai, but i wanna to create a channel based ability if the ai can use it.

THX

Level 12
well I think ai is ordered depending on the order id of the spell

I'm not sure but try it out on a melee map with a human computer with channel based abilityes.

IMO the ai will use your channel based ability if its order id is blizzard for eggsample
like he has a blizzard spell and not your channel based spell

if your channel based spell should target a unit and it has the blizzard order id
it's possible that the ai will target the ground anyways
But you better to try it out

#EDIT: no... ai won't use any channel based ability (checked)
you have to trigger their original spell (those can be modified)
melee ai only uses spells default to theme (High Wizard --> blizzard , water elemental , brilliance aura , mass teleport

if you give a hero an ability (auras too) not default to it, won't learn the spell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.