• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Channeling Ability to cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi i have a question??
1. Can custom channeling abilities cast by the ai with triggers?

Because i have some spells that i can make the computer ai heroes to cast. I only change their base spells. But almost all my custom channel spells cannot be casted by the ai, even though i change their base spells to vanilla editor channel base spells like starfall, stampede or blizzard it only ruins the custom spell.

2. If I needed triggers for the ai to cast channeling abilities, can someone show me a sample trigger?

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited:
Level 11
Typically I do the lazy thing like this:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Attacked unit)
Replacing the storm bolt order with whatever order string I set for my channel ability.

If the unit doesn't have the ability or it's on cooldown, it won't interrupt their attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.