• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Channeling spells question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I created a channeling spell, but when I cast it for the first time it cast instantly
then when I start casting it again for the 2nd/3rd time etc it start channeling
how can I make my spell channel from the first time it is cast? :vw_wtf:
if you need my trigger info just ask
thanks in advance

Level 2
There is a kind of skill in World Edit, which is called "Channel" (look in the Object Editor).
This ability is just accross the construction of any skill (except passive skills), with it, you can determine the discharge time of a skill.
Hope this helps.

I'm using it, I kinda figured out the bug that happened, I think it is because I'm using Channel spells inside a custom spell book, I saw a post about "Adding spells to a spellbook when you click it", I'm going to try it out, since I added my custom spells to to this spellbook using Object Editor fields and not by using triggers as the thread I saw mentioned

I start the map, if I cast the spell for the first time it is cast instantly (even if it is a channeling spell), no cooldown appears, no mana is consumed, it is like casting a spell for free :p it is not good to have those bugs in a map.

Do you have an idea how to fix this issue btw? and does what I said above have something to do with my bug?

Thank u in advance

Level 2
Anytime. Could better describe the bug on the Spellbook?

I added a custom spell to a custom spellbook, I open the spellbook then I click the spell.
but the spell is cast for free (no mana consumption and no cooldown is set, for the 1st time then it works)
(I'm using custom channel spells from the beginning) so when I changed the baseorder id for the spells, it worked! so I can't believe that those bugs are related to the baseorder id, blizzard will never make bugs like this, I think it has something to do with the custom spellbook

I saw a guy saying that there is another way of creating a custom spellbook, so I'll test it soon

Level 2
Well, I am Brazilian, and even reading and knowing a bit of English pronunciation, I'm too lazy to write many words in English. If you do not understand what he said, just ask explanation.
Using Google's Translate

Wait a minute, I'll make a spell book and send it to you.

I understand what u said, so n entendi o q tu se referiu com secure the ends?
pq tu n falou q era BR po -.-
:ogre_rage:
;P

Status
Not open for further replies.