• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Interrupting Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi!

What i want to achieve: When a hero is channeling (not yet cast) channel, interrupt him, and make him move to a position with a single right click.

There are some spells like flame strike which can be interrupted that way in the original game. But its different with the damn 'channel'. I tried to remove the spell when the hero gets a 'move' order, but it triggers only when the hero have already cast the channel spell, because the game doesn't replaces the unit order, instead putting 'move' to a queque.

Thanks, in advance!

Level 15
Worst case: save unit mana, life, skill levels and replace by the same unit type, then restore life and mana to the previous values and reselect. Downside: all the CDs are restored.

But imho you should be able to cancel it on right click, but try using another channeled spell for yours.

Level 10
Thanks guys. This Casting Events Guide was useful, but it doesn't solve
my problem. :(
Here is the map, there are some other systems and stuff in it (i dont wanna make a new map for now), i know they are crappy, becouse they are not completed. Click on the unit too choose the target, then just click the firebolt spell.

Attachments

• DR test.w3x
    49.4 KB · Views: 48
Level 10
Ok, here it is:

Attachments

• Névtelen.jpg
    Névtelen.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.