• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

about abilities with turn-on and turn-off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hello my problem is this

i have ability and if i turn it (based on immolation) on then i add passive for my unit and if i turn it off it will remove passive from unit, but i found out it wont order turning off skill if i run out of mana

so doesn anyone know how to run event when im running out of mana with that unit or check if its automaticly turned off?

i know i could do this just by checking time to time if buff excists but i would love to learn bit more about skill activations.

Level 12
Are you issueing the right order? To turn off Immolation, the order is unimmolation, in the trigger editor is should say "Night Elf Demon Hunter - Deactivate Immolation"

Anyway, a good alternative is to either do what you did, check whenever the buff is gone, or you can check how much Mana the hero has and if it's below 1, remove the buff and it will deactivate the spell. This is more useful for spells that you apply multiple effects to. Like I did with a Cloaking ability, whenever my hero ran out of mana I had to remove a speed buff and an invisibility.

Level 1
Are you issueing the right order? To turn off Immolation, the order is unimmolation, in the trigger editor is should say "Night Elf Demon Hunter - Deactivate Immolation"

Anyway, a good alternative is to either do what you did, check whenever the buff is gone, or you can check how much Mana the hero has and if it's below 1, remove the buff and it will deactivate the spell. This is more useful for spells that you apply multiple effects to. Like I did with a Cloaking ability, whenever my hero ran out of mana I had to remove a speed buff and an invisibility.

Yea i tried it with all different order types, it just doesnt give anykind of order when unit runs out of mana. mby there is other way but i dont mind checking every 0.5 sec is enough for my purposes. thanks

Level 13
Do you still need help with this? I struggle a bit with doing this a while ago on my map. I made a workaround, though it likely could be made more efficient. Tell me if you care to see.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
On top of the standard turn on and off orders you could use one of 3 approaches.
1. Polling check for immolation buff. Is off when buff is gone.
2. Polling check of mana. Issue turn off before mana fully depleted so order is issued and event fires.
3. Trigger mana consumption with ability being free. Issue turn off when removing final amount of mana.

Most on/off abilities suffer from this. Such as it is impossible to tell when your mana shield fails (next to a damage detection system tracking damage taken).

Status
Not open for further replies.