• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Turn On/Off Icon Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So I have made a custom spell of my own which is based on divine shield. Now I've made it into a Normal Ability and added the Turn ON Icon and Turn Off Icon, however only the Turn ON Icon Appears. When pressed I only see a green window. What am I doing wrong I checked all the constance and could not find anything as of this regard... that would truly set my spell apart from the Original.

Level 25
You need a disabled version of both the turn on and off icons if you're using imported icons with these file paths:

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNTurnOn.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNTurnOff.blp

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNTurnOn.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNTurnOff.blp

The colored text is whatever you want to name the icon or whatever name it has already. The attached map might help you understand if anything seems confusing.

Attachments

• Divine Shield Imported Icons.w3x
    28.4 KB · Views: 36
Level 5
Is the icon you use custom icon?
if the icon you use is imported, I think you should change the icon path in import manager

It is not imported, I got the Extra ->Enviroment Logo on Turn On and the Units-> Spiderling Stop Hiding (The arrow UP) Model on Turn OFF. Is there any way this can work out of the bat?

The entire Spell is basically meant to turn you into a stone and back again. But I use other spells to do this since I need to add certain triggers and forbidden regions in the Trigger Editor either way.

Actually I could just kind of use a normal spell but I'd really like to change pictures, cause I am kind of a perfectionist when it boils down to it. Or at least I try to do my best XD

Level 25
I highly suggest not using the Doodads - Environment icon, because it's only 16x16 pixels when icons should be 64x64. It would also require importing custom icons to get a disabled version anyway.

You shouldn't have any issues if you use Burrow and Burrow Off for turning on and off.

Attachments

• Divine Shield Burrow Icons.w3x
    8.3 KB · Views: 30
Level 5
I highly suggest not using the Doodads - Environment icon, because it's only 16x16 pixels when icons should be 64x64. It would also require importing custom icons to get a disabled version anyway.

You shouldn't have any issues if you use Burrow and Burrow Off for turning on and off.

Okay I'll resort to custom Btn/DisBTN then, that Devine Shield Icon is just the nicest I have ever seen :). I even got a unit in my Minas Tirith Anniversary Map that can totally use this. The Map is not on here as of yet since it is not worthy of being judged by the high Standards of this Site but maybe I'll get it there one day. Also I love people that include map examples. Just the best way to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.