• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Champion Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey there guys.

Lets have a nice discussion about, old champions, new champions and upcoming champions.

Thoughts on Kassadin: My thoughts on Kassadin are that he is very good end game, but lacks early game. He can easily solo most AP champions if the player knows what hes doing.

My usual way Silence > Rift Walk > Blade > Slow
Rinse and Repeat

Level 16
Hey guys, what do you think about the new champion, Riven? Are you excited to see her?

I'm kinda disappointed to see another melee AD champion (propably the 4th one in a row). However her skillset seems to be cool and funny, and on top of that, she's Noxian! I'm waiting for the champion spotlight video; I've got 6k IP, maybe I'll buy her.

The Taric changes are also cool. I was thinking of buying Taric earlier, but after this patch, he'll be the next champion I'm going to buy (after Riven/Vayne)

Level 16
I've bought Riven when she got released. Firstly I had the feeling that "cool, I've bought another shit, just like I did with Skarner", but after testing different builds - I have to say that she's kinda strong, and definitely funny as hell. On top of that RIOT will buff him in the next patch; cool news :p

/off-topic
Is this group even alive? I can not see anyone writing anything anywhere.

Level 16
Well, for me he seems a little bit OP. I mean he's got a kinda long range dash, that gives him AS and its CD is can be decreased by attacking. His QWR nukes like a mage does, and does it in AoE. His passive grants him armor and magic resistance. And he's supposed to be a ranged carry; a ranged carry should be squishy, and should focus on a single target, not on the entire enemy team.

I think he'll get nerfed in the next patch. However this is just my personal opinion.

Level 16
That's not true. I don't know if you were here when Yorick or Skarner came out, but they were actually very, very underpowered. Especially Yorick. They did not make him free 2 weeks after his release, saying "he's too weak and we don't want to give our players a bad first impression about Yorick". So they gave him a very huge buff. Actually hes pretty strong now :)

But Skarner is still too weak. However the problem is in his mechanisms.

Level 19
Oh yeah right I remember when Yorick came out - I never tried him, but many told me he was underpowered. I tried Skarner some time ago and it went pretty good, but I must admit that it was hard playing him. Maybe because I was not used to playing him or maybe because he was underpowered.

I guess these two champs are exceptions, but I still think most of the champs are OP when they come out and then when next champ appears they get nerfed. As you just wrote yourself, riot wanna give out good first expressions :b

Level 16
Well, Renekton also got a huge buff and was free for one more week :D
-Riven got a hotfix too before the patch.
-Wukong... mehh, kinda strong, but not the best.
-Leona got multiple buffs.
-Xerath sucks. Quite huge range, but no damage at all, and very ulti-dependant.

Well, of course there were OP releases too:
-LeBlanc got a hotfix too; she was horribly OP
-Graves... 400 ulti damage at level 8? You must kidding.
-Vayne, the ultimate tank killer ranged carry.
-Xin Zhao, Mr. IDiveYouAtLevelOne
-Brand was quite strong too.

Level 19
I think Renekton was released before I started, so dunno. How long have you played LoL by the way? :)
Wukong sucks in my opinion, except if he gets fed of course. His invisibility trick only fouls you the first time, then you get use to it and his other abilities/attacks aren't that great neither.

I have to disagree about Xerath. Xerath has very great spell damage - if you buy the right items and got the right runes, he is great. I played with one of my good mates, who played Xerath, and he dealed tons of damage when he unleashed all of his spells at a time ^^

Level 16
I play LoL since last september. I haven't played much recently (only Coop vs AI games for FWotD bonus). That's because the name of an announcement should be changed: "League of Legends is Getting Older!" -> League of Legends is Getting Worse and Worse!"

Yes, actually Xerath can do some damage, but once again, he's very ulti-dependant. But to be honest I can't really judge him since I played him in Dominion only.

Level 19
So a little more than a year? I played for about half a year - Rumble was the first new champ to come out after I created my account, and I have played (almost) only him ever since ^^
You think it gets worse? I think it gets cooler, though there will be too many champs in time :l

I'm sure the champs work differently in the three battlegrounds - I'm playing Rumble, and for some reason my crystal scar-games starts great, but ends in defeat every time. So I'm only playing normal 3v3 and 5v5 ^^

Hmmm all this talk of LoL makes me wanna play. Cya :D

Status
Not open for further replies.