• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can OwnerOfUnit cause desyncs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ive been trying to fix some desyncing issues within a map of mine and ive been doing some searching on specifically which triggers/functions can cause a desync. After looking through my map I have no use of getlocalplayer and triggerplayer but I do have ownerofunit numerous times. Below is an example of what I have used it for. Im wondering if that could be the cause of my random desyncs at random intervals throughout the game play and also if there are any other specific functions with any given parameters that can cause desyncs. What should I be looking for to solve my desyncing issue?

• Set UnitGruopFight = (Units in Fight Place 1)
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGruopFight and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Not equal to PokeBall
        • Then - Actions
          • Set CentrePoint[1] = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Hide (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Pause (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at CentrePoint[1] facing Default building facing degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CentrePoint[1])
        • Else - Actions

Level 2
I have some units with high dice counts/rolls of 2/53 or 10/49. To test if these would cause a desync I had placed all of these units to fight in the center of the map to fight 30 seconds in. After all of the fighting was done no desyncs had occurred but then after playing the game for real around 5 minutes in someone desyncs. If you have a unit with high dice rolls is there only a chance that a desync will happen or if there is a problem with the rolls will it always happen? Im wondering if that might be a problem or cause of the random desyncs?

Status
Not open for further replies.