• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Desync?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
First of all anyone know if the new patch is causing desync's more frequently at the start of the game now? Can anyone link me to the forum thread that lists desync causes. I can't seem to find it anymore.

Second, could this trigger cause a desync? I'm still a bit unfamiliar with exactly what causes desyncs.

• Feed block and Blood box
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Picked unit) Not equal to (Constructing structure)
              • (Unit-type of (Constructing structure)) Equal to Blood Box
              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Blood Box
            • Then - Actions
              • Set BloodBoxDistance = (Distance between (Position of (Picked unit)) and (Position of (Constructing structure)))
                • If - Conditions
                  • BloodBoxDistance Less than 150.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Remove (Constructing structure) from the game
                  • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: You cannot place Bl...
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
Specifically the display message, since it's not shown to all players can that cause a desync?

Level 12
If there was no desync prior to 1.30 then it is likely a bug that Blizzard will have to fix. Are you the only one who desyncs? Is it some people, everyone? Do you desync in other maps?

4-5 people desynced both times, and the only trigger I added prior to the last release was the one above. More specifically I added the Message action. I do recall something about localized messages causing desyncs or something like that but I can't find the post about it anymore. But I can't imagine the message action above could cause a sync issue?

Level 7
4-5 people desynced both times, and the only trigger I added prior to the last release was the one above. More specifically I added the Message action. I do recall something about localized messages causing desyncs or something like that but I can't find the post about it anymore. But I can't imagine the message action above could cause a sync issue?
I don't think there is a problem with your map regarding to desync issues. They do happen frequently. I have tried to play different maps on battlenet and I got desynced %70 of the time which is why I think that's a blizzard related problem.

Level 5
First of all anyone know if the new patch is causing desync's more frequently at the start of the game now? Can anyone link me to the forum thread that lists desync causes. I can't seem to find it anymore.

Second, could this trigger cause a desync? I'm still a bit unfamiliar with exactly what causes desyncs.

• Feed block and Blood box
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Picked unit) Not equal to (Constructing structure)
              • (Unit-type of (Constructing structure)) Equal to Blood Box
              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Blood Box
            • Then - Actions
              • Set BloodBoxDistance = (Distance between (Position of (Picked unit)) and (Position of (Constructing structure)))
                • If - Conditions
                  • BloodBoxDistance Less than 150.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Remove (Constructing structure) from the game
                  • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: You cannot place Bl...
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
Specifically the display message, since it's not shown to all players can that cause a desync?

The player group is a leak, you have to declare a variable for that
But i dont think thats the main cause for the desync, still u should change that

BTW my maps are also desyncing nw ever since the 1.30 patch, if u'll like perhaps we could trade test the map to test the problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.