• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Count players on map initialization, desync?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Causes of desync there are unconfirmed rumors of "Checking player slot in a trigger on Map Initialization Event" causing desync.
I have a trigger kind of like this one that I suspect could be a cause for desync.
  • OnInit
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players controlled by a User player) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked player) slot status) Equal to Is playing
            • Then - Actions
              • Player Group - Add (Picked player) to human_players
            • Else - Actions
Is it possible to either count players or setup a player group safely on map Initialization?
Otherwise I'd have to look into delaying initialization of my map indexer (GUI Unit Event (now with a state-of-the-art Lua version)) to solve my issue... And of course I'm unsure of the actual root cause...

Status
Not open for further replies.