• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can compressed skins below 40% cause crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi there, I'm using ALOT of custom models and skins in my map, but for some reason I keep getting a world editor crash, it seems to happen randomly when I am panning the camera or zooming in/out while terraining.

I have heard that compressed BLP files can cause a mac user to crash but I am using a PC and have skins compressed to as low as 20% 30% quality. Could this be what's causing the crash?

When testing my imports in the preview box to the left they seem to load fine so it's difficult for me to pin point which model/ models are causing the crash. I tested it in game and so far it seems stable but not in the editor which is really strange?

Can anyone help?

Level 7
Well the problem is the crash seems to be random in nature but is clearly linked to something graphical so it's hard for me to pin point what it is.
I know there is a model crash that crashes the game if you have a model with animations that refer to deleted geosets but mine in question are doodads and have no animations anyway.

Level 4
Hello.
I also think it has been the same, but always manages me.
The only thing I could say is that when editing on WE's models mdl type, BLP, which disappear as if by magic, and can not find how to fix it but what I do is try to put them in other objects as a unit and not a doodad, and then close the WE, and then I can open and ready to see them.

PD: I just happened 2 times, and most never step quisas is a matter of your PC (RAM, video card or maybe)?.

Status
Not open for further replies.