• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Campaigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Is it allowed to submit incomplete campaign?

There is currently no rules about campaign submission]
As things stand right now, the campaigns are included among the general maps.

Therefore the Map Submission Rules govern the submission and approval of campaigns.
All maps must be complete upon submission. Saying "this map is not done" and throwing out it to the rest of the community is not very professional. Beta/test maps are one thing, but to submit a map that is blatantly unfinished is only a source of aggravation for players as well as a waste of time and space. Please finish your maps!
As for all resources, moderators will decide on a case-by-case basis which submissions are acceptable.

In the future, it's possible that fully detailed rules set applying specifically to campaigns may developed if users experience a great deal of confusion.

Level 10
The campaign icon is not showing up, instead a [w3n] shows up. I see lot of campaigns already, though, people were really willing to submit them :p

I have waited for that category a long time and I am willing to upload them all.. but what should I do with campaigns that are larger than 50MB, like the Wanderers of Sorceria series, BagosQuest, The War of Corruption and Return Of Alisia Dragoon?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Doesn't our Map Section allow files of every size? Anyway, careful when submitting certain campaigns. Wanderers of Sorceria, for example, is a great storyline. I still think Campaigns like those should first need the author's permission in order to be submitted. You should, at least, adress to the campaigns' official site.

Level 35
Wanderers of Sorceria, for example, is a great storyline. I still think Campaigns like those should first need the author's permission in order to be submitted. You should, at least, adress to the campaigns' official site.
'

Off-topic
Where to get that Wanderers of Sorceria from BTW

On-Topic
Good work Ralle, not that I need this option now, but a bit time from now, I surely will need it.

Level 10
Hah. If I can, I add always the official site but most of the time there isn't any. I never cared for permission. Why? Because the most creators are inactive and I don't want to wait weeks for it.
I better add them as no one would know them as example: The Saga of Azeroth - The Coming of the Horde, if I hadn't it uploaded it in the past on wc3sear.ch no would know it because it was nowhere availably in the internet... Only on the official site. But if no one knows? ;)

Edit:
@RED BARON

You can get it here: http://wos.samods.org/

Level 9
I have waited for that category a long time and I am willing to upload them all.. but what should I do with campaigns that are larger than 50MB, like the Wanderers of Sorceria series, BagosQuest, The War of Corruption and Return Of Alisia Dragoon?

If you really have Bago's Quest please give the link for download. Old link -wc3sear.ch is dead ! Thanks!

Level 10
Ok.. I have tried to upload Return Of Alisia Dragoon but after the long uploading it didn't work.. because its larger than 50MB!
BagosQuest is ~89MB and @ tuzec I dont know where u can download it!
And.. my upload is only about 10kb... yeah very slow... and it sucks that the upload was for nothing

Level 8
Who can upload it?:grin: I really like WoS and would really like to see it on this site.

Can't the webmaster increase the upload size limit? Just asking.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Who can upload it?:grin: I really like WoS and would really like to see it on this site.

Can't the webmaster increase the upload size limit? Just asking.
What do you want it increased to?

I might make an anonymous FTP user for people to upload maps. Then I can import them from there. That might be the easiest solution.

I will also soon start importing wc3sear.ch's campaigns

Level 8
What do you want it increased to?

I might make an anonymous FTP user for people to upload maps. Then I can import them from there. That might be the easiest solution.

I will also soon start importing wc3sear.ch's campaigns
To 80 mb because the last book of Wanderers of Sorceria is 75 mb... And who knows, Wanderers of Sorceria book 6 might be even more.

I wonder who can upload them though.

Level 35
AS said you can dl them fron the original site, which means nearly everyone can upload it... the only need to upload on the hive would be to allow more users to have acces to it. If you want to add to the hive, go dl it from original site (see the below link) and then upload it... If doesnt think you would be able to uplpoad it, I got all of it, and will be able to upload if realy needed....
Now back to topic, discussion about one campaign realy doesnt belong here

Level 8
Yeah but do you have the latest versions because some of them were updated. The problem is the limit too. If you can upload them, please do because I don't think I can with my crappy connection.

Level 8
Hey cool you guys finally uploaded WoS book 1 & 2. Will you guys update the rest too?

Furthermore, I find the server to be quite slow. So it takes some to download anything from the hive.

Level 8
No necroposting.
"Necroposting" is the act of posting in a thread that is over two weeks old and not on the first page of threads without a good reason to do so (By Mecheon and my judment, that is) or moderator permission to do so.
That was said by MySpaceBarBroke. I think he's a moderator.

The thread was on the first page.

When I say it's slow, i mean the download speed for me is like 5-10 kb per sec and I'm not sure if it's even possible to resume broken downloads.

Level 15
That was said by MySpaceBarBroke. I think he's a moderator.

The thread was on the first page.

When I say it's slow, i mean the download speed for me is like 5-10 kb per sec and I'm not sure if it's even possible to resume broken downloads.
At this time, it is not possible to resume stopped downloads. As for the download speed, it can be affected by how busy the site is (the current bandwidth usage), your geographical location, the internet in general, and any other things you might be downloading at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.