• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating a second Webpage?

Would you like to have a WOW page created by Darky28 and his Staff?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hello Dear Community

I'm currenty thinking of doing a second page beside wc3sear.ch.
The topic might be easily guessed. World Of Warcraft and everything related to it.
I'm now wondering if theres a demand from you to also have a WOW page similar to wc3sear.ch (forums, special features like damage calculators e.t.c, clan management and a lot more.)
Of course the new WOW page would be as unique as wc3sear.ch with own graphics and selfcoded scripts.
The page will also be not as Commercial as the usual pages and have its "personal" touch like wc3sear.ch has now too.

Please tell me your thoughts in this thread :)

Greets Darky28

Level 1
I think this is hard to decide since most of us probably haven't played it yet ...

Let's wait for the open european beta, then ask again :D

Level 8
If someone are gonna do it. I know you are the one Darky.
You'v done a great work with this one. And i know that the new one will be youst as good, and maybe much bether. And one more thing.
No one can do the job like you dose it.

So i'm looking forward to see the new site the day you finnish it.

-Lonely Wolf

Level 1
Well, i don't want to be moronic but if you open another site, Darky, how do you want to manage all the ones you got together? I mean, look at the RotD Site. It was abandoned for MONTHS ...

Level 2
About WoW EU beta

They've closed the signup, too much demand from the users...

Anyways, the open beta has started...

Level 13
wc3campaigns's download section would also have a wow section?
it depends, it cant be bad if the website is attractive and interesting.

but my main hope was that wc3searchs get a bit more activity, it wouldve been a relativly good thing for the users

Level 3
I don't think that it is a good idea. Cause if you open another site then you will most likely "forget" about this one and work harder on the WoW site. And since this site already owns you should "just" open a WoW thing to this page. Like Circle Defense or The Spiderqueen, then noone would forget this site and you could still have a WoW one. ^^

Level 1
I votet NO....

Hmm I know that i will never play WoW, because I'm not going to pay for it every month.

I'm also afraid that you will forget about your projects on this site it looks like you just " forget " about some of them already (look at RotD ... no reply) so I think this won't work.

Afterall WoW is a very cool game, but you won't have any time for friends and university and for wc3sear.ch left when you also start a WoW page.

Level 8
Sounds Like A Good Idea, Probily my new homepage :D. But i dont mind as long as u put effort into both this site and the new WoWsearch (or watever you want to call it) Hope we have alot of Good moderators to :D

Btw: It should have its own Guild/Clan (whatever it is called, i forget ) :) got love that idea

Level 8
I'm concerned that devoting yourself to a new site would have repercussions on your ability to deal with this one.

Also, WoW isn't a mod-able game. There's not nearly as much to make a forum about, certainly nothing that hasn't already been covered since before the closed beta.

Level 1
Well, WOW isn't mod-able, but the game itself is designed to contain several hundreds of ways to achieve success, lots of different locations ... And i like the "Raid" idea (large player groups gather and attack enemy towns) ...

Level 12
THis site will most likely slowly die down once World of warcraft starts
Just Like Starcraft did

It would be alot better if you incorperated the two instead of making a whole new site

I don't think you'll be able to do two sites at once (three when including DotF)

Theres also not much to talk about in world of warcraft besides weapons and strategies

Level 13
I'm afraid I will have to go with no on this one for a number of reasons.

First of all, there already is a lot of WoW sites that are succesful. I see no point in having another.

As Panto said, WoW is not moddable. There isn't too much you can do with the site.

And finaly, as many people have said, if you were to start another site your attention on this site will drop. That's not good.

Level 3
Hey Darky

Hmm. I used to play BF1942 a lot, and i was on the www.bf1942files.com all the time. Then when BFV came, they created a site called www.bfvfiles.com. I guess this is a very similar thing. I still havent figured out how much you can "edit" WoW. Is it as much as Frozen Throne?

I think that if you want to cover WoW too, then do it on this site. Maybe do it like the "Switch to Wc3C Style"-button. Have a button called WoW. That way it wont feel like it is too far away.

How similar will models/icons/skins be? If they are very similar and thus you can use models for both games, then i really think you should do as i wrote above. If not .. uh .. i dont know :?

Level 22
I would have to say no as well. WoW is still warcraft related and could be discussed here, a warcraft site. Its not like it needs its own file archives since the game is not moddable (no skin, models, ect to submit). And the last thing you need is ever more stuff to take your attention away from wc3sear.ch, which already hardly ever sees you anymore. :cry:
-VGsatomi

Level 3
But what you guys don't relize is that once WOW comes out for retail....the amount of people doing modding and map design on WC3 will drop significantly......this site will eventually die out. So yes....I would like to see Darky create a WOW site. :D

Level 6
Hmm... Darky wants to keep his sites up-to-date with new game releases (WoW). A good idea for ensuring player interest, but there are some problems. As now, wc3sear.ch is a site that supports a creative modding community by providing a database of modding tools, graphics, etc. It provides gamers with maps. There is little need for such functions in WoW, because you cannot create your own games. WoW sites are most likely much more strategy article oriented, with some technical mechanics stuff.

I think you should stay where your roots are. If you want to expand to WoW, do it from the modding community perspective. Perhaps you could combine both WC3 and WoW, as the latter cannot be modded.

- A database for WoW graphics and sounds usable in WC3?
- Discussion about using WoW developments in WC3?
- Discussion about how to customize WC3 to look like WoW?

Voi

Voi

Level 3
I dont like the idea. WoW is not a game where you can create maps and stuff like that. I dont even think I will buy it (at least not when it is newly released).

Also you would give less time for this page if you create it.

Better add some new functions like when you upload a map you could automatically attach a comment (the descriptions are very short). You could also add some kind of top list with the most popular maps to download.

Sorry this may be a bit off-topic but what I mean is that you should improve this site instead of making a new.

Level 3
This is gonna be a no from me...
WoW is not what Warcraft III is, and never will be...
It is a massive online RPG,
War3 is a strategic game, not an RPG...
We are War3 fans that love this site,
Do not abandon it for some game that charges 16.95$ per month.

Level 17
I played WOW today (the first time). Played it for a couple of hours but o be honest right now i must say i'm not very impressed by the game :-/
The quests i did where awesome "boring" like
"kill 10 wolfs" after that "kill 6 boars" then "kill 12 trolls" then "kill the troll chief and give back my stolen letter" then "bring this to that dude" and "bring this to the other dude".
The quests really didnt busted me away :-/
Lets see what another few game hours bring....

Level 11
no

it would just draw attention away from wc3 sear, and there is no editor for WoW. and some of us have slow somputers, thats why I got into mapping and modding, I couldn't play as fast as I wanted to. there isn't much of WoW to put into a website like this, maybe you could dedicate a section of wc3sear to WoW?

Level 12
Reasons why it's not likely possbile to create a WoW webiste:

1. There's really hardly any discussion about it except weapons and help.

2. You have to live with the world Blizzard created.

3. It would put too many force on the moderators. It's not that simple jumping from site to site.

4. Besides this place will probably be dead. So we're better off having the WoW sub forums section here.

Besides, you can play the rpg maps meant for multiplayer and have a lot of fun with the different kinds of map unlike that of WoW.

Level 12
Darky28 said:
Hello Dear Community

I'm currenty thinking of doing a second page beside wc3sear.ch.
The topic might be easily guessed. World Of Warcraft and everything related to it.
I'm now wondering if theres a demand from you to also have a WOW page similar to wc3sear.ch (forums, special features like damage calculators e.t.c, clan management and a lot more.)
Of course the new WOW page would be as unique as wc3sear.ch with own graphics and selfcoded scripts.
The page will also be not as Commercial as the usual pages and have its "personal" touch like wc3sear.ch has now too.

Please tell me your thoughts in this thread :)

Greets Darky28

Okay, first explain how would it be similar to wc3search if it isn't even a modable game? I thought wc3search was about the resources instead of the forums?

And as panto says, this would distract you from this site.

Level 2
yep

yes darky i understand i have it as well the begining sucks alot because your weak and pety. But later on the game becomes good. And if you make the webpage it would be a good idea to make a section "beastery" where it has the names of every enemy, and people can submit screenshots of them so other people can check out more advanced looking units. We could also have a spec on all items and how to get things, a quest list seperated by area. Those are my suggestions, darky i wish you good luck and and this site will be a success, and if you need it i will be willing to be a moderator :p :lol:

Level 3
well... :? its a good idea but wow doesent have a editor so that means X on models n skins

the only thing that would be good for wow is hacks BUT WE ALL NO THERE BAd!!! well exept for that slayer guy... hmm... well u can make it but no hacks,cheat, n stuff

But u should include hints n tips thats important

Level 2
im a great fan of wow, even before i have it(i live in EU and i still got no cd-key :( ). but i think u shouldnt do a wow-website, because there are much other wow-fansites and they started one year ago, so they already got the wow-fans on their own, so there wont be many people wich have the time to visit this homepage.

those are my thoughts :)

Level 2
A new site? Yes1

A new WoW website? Yes! Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!

Level 2
Good idear Can I Help

i think that a WoW site would be a good idear :lol: you could offer a guide help topics chat etc... aswell as your idear for a stat calculator yo could make a wide range of useful topics and allow others to post there help surgestions awell. You may also want to form your own WoW Guild which ingame players could join which in theroy would help ppl too. if u need help with any think ill be more than happy as i have experiance with Html and some CC+ and java Apps over all gr8 stuff PM For help :p

Level 8
i think if you make a wow website joined to this one then it will work alright. if you make a seperate website dedicated to wow then this one might get lost and forgotten.

have 2 sites joined together, enter warcraft 3 tft web are travel to the world of warcraft.

if you do this it meens people will come to this site first then they can choose to go too the other website (yes its just like a link but i'm thinking of it in a different way) dont know if i am making any sence. i know one thing, if you made another site dedicating to wow then you will get tons more fun stuff on that, purhaps blizzard might upload new models and artworks wich is always a good thing.

Level 6
The Wow can be edited but you must know the program language.There are files in the main data folder that can be edited.The Diablo II LOD is a non editable game but programists in bulgaria maded over 30 mods.I can send you some if you want.About Wow the models here are more advanced than Wc3's.They work with over 2200 polygones impossible to edit,well almost impossible.I'm now joining a Doom 3 team for making mods.See this is an action and there are mods as well.They use a powerful 3d program.Even 3ds max can't match those.Ohh and the idea for making a guide for strategyes on Wow and the thing for giving ideas is kinda stupid.There are already thousands of sites for Wow explainig quests and everything for the game.Most of them are even more succesful than this site.

Level 12
I don't like the idea of a new site but...

You could make a new Guild forum (Guild Search),

The guild forum could be seperated into the following:
1) Alliance
-a) East
-b) West
-c) Europe
-d) etc

2) Horde
-a) East
-b) West
-c) Europe
-d) etc

This way people may plan out attacks and this site will still be active, if not more active

I personnally will not be playing but that doesn't mean this site must sacrifice great potential just because cirtian people (like myself) do not feel WoW is a site worthy game.

I will now list consequences to this action
1) people will come to this site more
2) people will start to recognize Wc3 more
3) people will be able to interact with more common interests
4) more noobs may come
5) ignorance will become even more prevalent then it is now
6) More skilled workers will begin to leave (such is what happened to cookie and such will happen again)

So now the question is, is WoW really that great to make such sacrifices

Level 6
As I said earlier no. The main reason I say this is why can't
this site have a WoW section? I love WoW but I also love this web site.

@darky
It looks to me like most people say yes, but the people who have
been on this site for a longer time, like me and the moderantors, most of us say no. maybe all I am not sure about that. I hope that you don't make a second web page or at least if you do, still spend the same amount of time on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.