• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Campaign: "unknown map files"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am trying to rip the first 2 missions of the official TFT human campaign to make an alternate universe campaign. I've encountered a bunch of issues I managed to work through just by googling questions and reading some tutorials, but this one I just cannot figure out.

Whenever I try to save my campaign I get the message, "this map contains references to unknown map files (2, marked in red)"

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

What am I supposed to do to fix this?

Level 13
Those maps contain triggers where they attempt to load the next frozen throne campaign map as soon as the player leaves the game victorious. In the trigger editor, you'll see a ''folder'' called "Level Data". In it there's a bunch of triggers where they take care of heroes, items, and make reference to the next level.

HumanX01 contains:
  • Next Level Prep
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Remove Quest Items --------
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by Kael of type Tiny Castle)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by Kael of type Tiny Altar of Kings)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by Kael of type Tiny Barracks)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by Kael of type Scroll of Town Portal)
      • -------- Save Heroes --------
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from Campaigns.w3v
      • Game Cache - Store Kael as Kael of HumanX02 in (Last created game cache)
      • Game Cache - Save (Last created game cache)
      • -------- Enable Missions, Campaigns, Cinematics --------
      • Game - Enable Human X02
  • Next Level Run
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Set Next Level and Victory --------
      • Game - Set the next level to Maps\FrozenThrone\Campaign\HumanX02.w3x
      • Game - Victory AP1_Player (Show dialogs, Show scores)
  • Victory Cheat
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game with a victory
    • Conditions
      • GameOver Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set GameOver = True
      • Trigger - Run Next Level Prep <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Next Level Run <gen> (checking conditions)
  • Defeat Cheat
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game with a defeat
    • Conditions
      • GameOver Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set GameOver = True
      • Game - Defeat AP1_Player with the message: Defeat!
You should adapt those actions to your maps. Change the game cache name, and map names, if possible.

Last edited:
Level 8
Okay so I changed a couple of things under "Next Level Prep".

I changed "Game Cache - Create a game cache from Campaigns.w3v" to the same but with "AUCampaigns.w3v".

I changed "Game Cache - Store Kael as Kael of HumanX02 in (Last created game cache)" to the same but with AUHumanX02 instead.

I changed "Game - Enable Human X02 to Game - Show customer campaign button 2".

I changed "Game - Set the next level to Maps\FrozenThrone\Campaign\HumanX02.w3x" to the same but with "AUHumanX02".

Am I missing anything or doing anything wrong?

Edit: Going to do the same thing with the second mission (but replacing with AUHumanX03.w3x which is just an emplty placeholder map at this stage).

Last edited:
Level 8
"Game - Set the next level to Maps\FrozenThrone\Campaign\HumanX02.w3x" to the same but with "AUHumanX02".
I overlooked that part. Remove the entire path, and just leave the map name there (AUHumanX02.w3x).

Awesome, thanks. I've now done that for both AUHumanX01 and AUHumanX02.

Everything seems to be fine. I also forgot to tell you about the "Load Heroes" category, don't forget to modify it in order to match the "Next Level Prep" data from your previous map.

Doing that now too, thanks!

I went back to the old thread that I made the first time I was trying to do this and tried a few things then too. Hopefully all of these actions taken together will cover everything. Last time I tried following those instructions and it didn't work but maybe I did it wrong or they were missing something. Anyway...

I disabled Initialization "Initialization - Game - Set campaign to Expansion Human Campaign."

I think that might be everything now. I'll go test it.

Edit: FREAKING HUZZAH IT APPEARS TO BE WORKING!

Edit2: Now how do I upload the campaign so other people can test it? Edit3: This question was answered, thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.