• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

dont know how to start a campaign with w3x files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
as you can get from the below link, in 2 player campaign:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2-player-campaign-665/download-campaign-175670/

after downloading the human campaign pack , i only found in it all files are .w3x files.. which are map files for frozen throne.. but if i want to play the campaign in single player mode.. Isn't that .w3n file i needed?? why the author didn't supply the .w3n file ??

since you and others all know how to play such campaign with these .w3x files, so please help me how ??????

thanks...

Level 20
That's a multiplayer campaign. If you want to play it in singleplayer then why not just play the original campaign. If the file is a .w3n then put it in the campaign folder and click the Custom Campaign button at the Single Player menu, if it's a .w3x or .w3m, then put it at the Maps folder and either player it on Local Area Network (if you have any buddies or friends to play with) or at the Single Player mode.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Those are special reworked campaigns. In addition to adding support for multiple players, the authors fixed bugs, improved difficulty and made the maps playable.

If I recall, some WC3 missions no longer work due to bugs and patches. This is the main reason the project started.

Since you cannot play campaigns multiplayer and each map was worked on one at a time, there was no need to bundle them together.

Level 30
2 player campaign lol from Spoon. That camaign is a different one it gives you the ability to play with friends making it 2 player and as we all know there is no campaign that exceeds the 1 player limit and if its w3x file it wlays goes to your Maps and is only playable through LAN like the other maps out there you play.

But also remember that because its a 2 player caampaign, it will just fit for 2 players. If you attempted to play this in SP or single, it will defeat you or something that forces you to end game. Either get a friend to play this campaign-modifed map.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
But also remember that because its a 2 player caampaign, it will just fit for 2 players. If you attempted to play this in SP or single, it will defeat you or something that forces you to end game. Either get a friend to play this campaign-modifed map.
It does? I thought it gave you control of the other player and warned you that it may not be winnable alone. Seems a rather stupid thing to do since on the easy difficulties you should not need both players.

Level 1
i want to play the official version of campaign for Frozen Throne

That is very bad map design lol.

So if I want to play the official version of campaign for Frozen Throne, where can i download it??

Or someone else please supply me with the official version of campaign for Frozen Throne here, so i can click and download ...

Thanks... it cost me lots time to find the offical version , but still failed !!

Level 1
I don't have the .w3n files of the official campaign .....

So if I want to play the official version of campaign for Frozen Throne, where can i download it??

Or someone else please supply me with the official version of campaign for Frozen Throne here, so i can click and download ...

Thanks... it cost me lots time to find the offical version , but still failed !!

Somebody please help me !!!!

Level 30
This map really doesnt have an w3n file and only comes with separate maps that is w3x. Only way to play this is is the usual thing you do when playing maps. Click them and start game but be sure you have another human player for you to play this.

Level 1
yes , i realize it.. can you share the official campaign w3n files with me?

This map really doesnt have an w3n file and only comes with separate maps that is w3x. Only way to play this is is the usual thing you do when playing maps. Click them and start game but be sure you have another human player for you to play this.

yes , i realize it.. can you share the official campaign w3n files with me? like the two campaigns:
The nightelf one (Terror of the Tides)
and the Orcs one (Founding of Durotar or something)

else campaign for blood elf (called curse of blood elves) and Undead is you have

please do me a favor, it cost me lots of time.. and i don't know how to find them in blizzard offical web

Level 30
The offical campaing. The official itself are those maps that is w3x. Lol!

But if you are asking about the version of this without the 2 player. I do think they are in the RoC or Reign of Chaos, the Human Campaign about Arthas Menethil.

Status
Not open for further replies.