• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why do my download files (when i try to download a custom campaign) turn into sound files? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm new to this downloading custom maps thing and only recently wanted to try a custom campaign that i found interesting but i can't get it to work.

So as in the Title i have a problem with downloading custom campaigns as they are apparently downloaded as sound files and i just can't figure out how to fix it so it downloads as documents or whatever it's supposed to be.

How can i fix this?

Thank you!

Edit; the sound files are still (.w3n). In case you wanted to know.

Level 11
Campaigns are always .w3n files. These are not sound files. Afaik, Warcraft 3 uses .wav and .mp3 as sound files. All you have to do, after downloading a custom campaign, is to put it in the Campaigns folder, in C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\Warcraft III\Campaigns

Then, in the game, go to Single Player > Custom Campaign, and find your new campaign there.

Status
Not open for further replies.