• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom campaign error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Greetings. Im an old wc3 player that got back after soooo long when I heard about custom campaigns, in particular the Rise of the Blood Elves, since I dont want to play WoW. Downloaded the map, placed under Campaigns folder. Downloaded the cinematic, under movies. Tried.

Didnt work. It just shows a "Just another Warcraft III campaign." Shows pitch black screen and only the back button.

I do have to apologize for using a copy-paste game from a friend, but the version is a 1.21. Downloaded a wvs for 1.27a and b, tried either version, still didnt work.

Found this site, checked for solutions. There was this one thread in 2016 which hints at the file size, which might mean download was incomplete. Nope, download was successful.

Any ideas?

Level 13
WC3 has been changing recently. You may have to get a legit version of WC3, and download update version 1.28 off of Battle.net in game.
The way it works now: there should be a Warcraft 3 folder under documents, and downloaded games go into the "Campaign" folder there.
If the campaign you're trying has been recently updated, this may be the reason why it's not working.

If anything, you can try and contact the map developer for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.