• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Convert and Compile w3x to w3n file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Greetings!
So I just recently got back into Warcraft III for all the nostalgia of my childhood life and I've been having a blast playing custom campaigns. The problem however is that whenever the custom campaigns are uploaded individually as the w3x file, for some reason my wc3 cannot open it. I've made sure to put them in the correct folder (Documents/Warcraft III/maps/) and even tried individually opening them with the world editor yet nothing seems to work. So my question is if it is possible to compile all these individual levels into a w3n file because my game can run that just fine.

Thank you so much in advanced

Level 22
Can you elaborate which custom campaign did you download and try to play? As far as I know, custom campaigns always have w3n extensions while custom maps have w3x extension. As for your question, I don't think there's a way. Either something is wrong with your game or with the file you got.

Level 1
Can you elaborate which custom campaign did you download and try to play? As far as I know, custom campaigns always have w3n extensions while custom maps have w3x extension. As for your question, I don't think there's a way. Either something is wrong with your game or with the file you got.
The custom campaigns that I tried to download and play were the "Living Nerubian Campaign" by Wa666r and "Path of the Damned Revamp" by SevenBlood. Both campaigns come in a zip file containing the individual levels in w3x files rather than your typical w3n file. It's most likely something wrong with my game as browsing the reviews shows nothing about it. I even tried following the instructions on how to play it on the Nerubian campaign page but that did not work, nor did individually opening each file using the map editor.

Last edited:
Level 18
The campaign maps are uploaded individually because custom campaigns are no longer supported since patch 1.32
Since the maps are made in 1.32 they are also not backwards-compatible with earlier patches, to fix this you can use my tool: Map Adapter
After adapting the files, if they are not protected and the war3map.wtg file is compatible, you should be able to open the maps in the world editor and add them to a .w3n campaign file.

Level 1
Can you tell me what version of Warcraft 3 you are playing? It might have something to do with that.
Because older version of the game cannot open a map made in the newer version of the game as far as I know.
that is most likely the case since I'm playing the 1.31 version

Level 1
The campaign maps are uploaded individually because custom campaigns are no longer supported since patch 1.32
Since the maps are made in 1.32 they are also not backwards-compatible with earlier patches, to fix this you can use my tool: Map Adapter
After adapting the files, if they are not protected and the war3map.wtg file is compatible, you should be able to open the maps in the world editor and add them to a .w3n campaign file.
Aaah okay, I'll take a look and give it a try soon. Although knowing that I have absolutely zero experience in tinkering with scripts and codes, this might take a while. Still thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.