• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Object Data not passing correctly to Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I have a problem with some properties of my object data in the Campaign Editor. Some times some fields are resetting to default. Also, when I check the same properties in Object Editor and Campaign Editor Custom Data section, they are different! See the following image:

CampaignObjectDataBug.png

See how Art - Button Position (X) is different for Advanced Command Training in Object Editor and Campaign Editor! In Campaign Editor, it is 2, and in Object Editor it is 1. Should not the Object Editor directly inherit the custom data from the Campaign Editor Custom Data section?

Can anyone explain how this is possible, and what might be causing the discrepancy?

Thanks in advance,
Tommi

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
In general yes. In this case you did not modify it in the campaign data (it's not blue). This means it is not saved, because the game thinks you don't want to change it.
As a result it will also use the default value in the map. Different default values can be, because you use different patches for the two object datas.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
As I said, different patches could cause it. Find the base upgrade and look what its values are. It should be the same, as you did not modify it (it's black). If you actually modified it (different from base upgrade) but it's still black something went wrong.
You can just remove the upgrade and try to use a different base upgrade, which has a different base value, so you can modify it.

Yes, indeed. With your help, I was able to find out the cause for the problem. If you have a campaign file open and at the same time an empty map, and you save the campaign file, you will end up with this problem. You MUST NOT save the campaign file when the editor has an empty map, a melee map, or an empty black screen open. By all means, you need to first open a custom campaign map (with custom map data set in options), and only after then save the campaign file. And then everything works ok.

Best regards,
Tommi

Status
Not open for further replies.