• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Broken island

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The broken island.
The darkspear tribe didn't show up after admiral's proudmoure death.
New things grew on this isolated land.
Only half of the mercenary camps is up.
but you. must kill the Enemies. get the gold mines.

New Updates: Fixed the unbreakable trees.
new enemies.
Gul'dan added.
a Goblin Laboratory added for the mid one.

New Updates 2. : The red colored peasants are gone!
just a small quest.
Teleporters has been added to the Goblin land.

New update 3 : everything is fixed.
enemies do drop items. (some people complained alot)
Gul'dan removed. (Due to the hardness of him and kinda unstoppable if he was level 4/5)
The map is finished completely.
if there is any error. tell me.
Plus i told you this is my first altered melee.

--------------------------------------------

Last update: fixed some enemies.
Small more amount of enemies is added.
Contents

Broken island (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Enemy units (Peasants) coloured red appear near the base in the water (see/click image). Basically the third or second player, I guess. Edits of melee or campaign maps (as melee) aren't really allowed. Plus there is chaos in the way neutral units...
deepstrasz
1. You need to remove neutral passive units which are based on playable units/heroes. 2. One of the players has a Goblin Laboratory right in the base... This player also has the least space for building. Another player (the one in the north) has a...
Level 29
hello there, Hive user mate! You have good skills with the map editor!, the enviroment is really nice, that waterfall with the coral is a very clever thing.

I would like to give you some feedback:

You put as tag melee, this is not melee so that tag should not be used, this map can fit for altered melee and / or if you stated that this map is part of a campaing, the tag should be campaing
Map Rules
I think here is a good definition of melee

Melee: Melee maps are maps without modification, or slight modification, but nevertheless traditional maps where you build up your base, your army, and destroy your enemy’s base while managing an economy.

In melee all player slots have to be users, not fixed to computer so users can play against users.

campaing review:
Campaings should have triggers with proper quests: main quests and secondary quests, cinematics in game are very valued.

So I sugest you to think and change the tags, improve the description of the map and improve the map it has potential but I think it need more definition and work. Mind if you want melee or campaing (you cant both)

Have good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Enemy units (Peasants) coloured red appear near the base in the water (see/click image). Basically the third or second player, I guess.
Broken Island 01.jpg

Edits of melee or campaign maps (as melee) aren't really allowed. Plus there is chaos in the way neutral units and buildings are placed. There is no melee symmetry/balance.

Delve into these:
Competitive Melee Map
How to create Melee Maps
A Beginner's Guide to Map Making
How to: Create a Full-working Custom Race

This doesn't qualify as an altered melee map. It's just a cheap edit.

Set to SubstandArt.

===============================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 2
Enemy units (Peasants) coloured red appear near the base in the water (see/click image). Basically the third or second player, I guess.
View attachment 284779

Edits of melee or campaign maps (as melee) aren't really allowed. Plus there is chaos in the way neutral units and buildings are placed. There is no melee symmetry/balance.

Delve into these:
Competitive Melee Map
How to create Melee Maps

Set to SubstandArt.

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

listen i tried to make it hard melee map. and some of the player's loved it. some not ._. But thank you for the warning. i made those chaos places just for fun. for challenging players and blah blah blah.

View attachment 284779

Delve into these:
Competitive Melee Map
How to create Melee Maps

Set to SubstandArt.

and ehh...ignore the peasants. i played this game from 2010. i know you won't care but...i loved how challenging this map is. so i tried to make this into an melee map. then just add the melee triggers and done. but those peasant. are my most problematic shit ever now

Last edited by a moderator:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. You need to remove neutral passive units which are based on playable units/heroes.
2. One of the players has a Goblin Laboratory right in the base... This player also has the least space for building. Another player (the one in the north) has a merc camp in the base and an unguarded mine to the right.
3. Two of the players are too close to each other.
4. There's also another unguarded mine midwest.

Many of the points I've mentioned in the post before stand.
Please reread and rethink.

Have a look at what altered melee should be like:
Maps | HIVE
First a map to be altered melee it has to be melee ready, which this one isn't.

Level 2
1. You need to remove neutral passive units which are based on playable units/heroes.
2. One of the players has a Goblin Laboratory right in the base... This player also has the least space for building. Another player (the one in the north) has a merc camp in the base and an unguarded mine to the right.
3. Two of the players are too close to each other.
4. There's also another unguarded mine midwest.

Many of the points I've mentioned in the post before stand.
Please reread and rethink.

Have a look at what altered melee should be like:
Maps | HIVE
First a map to be altered melee it has to be melee ready, which this one isn't.
updated... what next...........