• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Broken Hourglass

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Broken Hourglass

Description: These sands has been the whereabouts of many horrors along the time.
Now the struggle for conquer this piece of land attracts the ambition of the heroes of the realms that wish obtain someone of the great treasures of the desert.

screenies.jpg

Keywords:
melee, warcraft, desert, sand
Contents

Broken Hourglass (Map)

Reviews
20:20, 26th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 28
Judging from the given screenshots, the terrain looked nice, but upon opening the map it was pure chaos.
The abuse of blizzard cliffs, the emptiness, the lack of trees.

The creeps are also not suitable for a melee-map, the 'random' creeps aren't a good idea either.
The middle of the map is a complete disaster with a level 10 hero as a creep which drops campaign items, it could never get approved with such things.
The rest of the item drops looks like they haven't been given a lot of thought either (searing blade, Arcanite shield, Orb of Kil'jaeden and a lot more).

Level 3
Judging from the given screenshots, the terrain looked nice, but upon opening the map it was pure chaos.
The abuse of blizzard cliffs, the emptiness, the lack of trees.

The creeps are also not suitable for a melee-map, the 'random' creeps aren't a good idea either.
The middle of the map is a complete disaster with a level 10 hero as a creep which drops campaign items, it could never get approved with such things.
The rest of the item drops looks like they haven't been given a lot of thought either (searing blade, Arcanite shield, Orb of Kil'jaeden and a lot more).

Well, create this map took me less a day, and really don't cares me if it is rejected, i uploaded this map because i wanted to know how upload and update maps in hive.
about your review... is true, creeps drops camping items and the center of map is a creep fortress imposible to beat playing solo, and is a disaster.
I have tested the map before upload it and the number of trees is enought, as you may see these type of trees has a very small path and there is a lot together. Only AI trouble is that don't know how to use the campaing items. But i has seen how AI players kill the huge creep fortress in the middle of map, and two human players also can do that better in late game.
I made this map only for fun, but i can fix it.
And im sorry if my english isn't correct...