• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zelda the phantom hourglass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Looks pretty awesome, too bad I have no DS.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Looks good. . . If it was on a 1280*1024 screen with AA and AF on max.

But from the TV it looks terriably jagidy and unsmooth, although the use of the touchpad seems good. Unlike PSP which has a high enough resolution screen for you to not really notice unsmooth edges, the DS seems to suffer from that badly, as I have seen on TV and experienced with DS emulation when all graphic enhancements are off like with the DS.

The DS's graphics are good for cartoon like things, 3d stage environments and emulations (that stupid dog game), but as soon as you get to overhead stages like from what i could see, that zelda game and FF3, the walls really look bad and the textures look messedup when displayed over a short distance.

It probably is me just being fussy, but I do not think that 3D in the case of that zelda game was the best thing for the DS, although it shows what it can do in both positive and negitave ways.

I will play it as soon as DS hinge emulation comes, but then it will look better than on the DS definatly due to I am certian the DS does not use 8*AA and 16*AF when rendering.

Well sorry for this graphic rant, but it is the most doticable thing I saw from the adverts ect.

I am sure it will be a great game non the less, and people say emulators run it near perfectly but for hinge problems.

Level 5
Looks good. . . If it was on a 1280*1024 screen with AA and AF on max.

But from the TV it looks terriably jagidy and unsmooth, although the use of the touchpad seems good. Unlike PSP which has a high enough resolution screen for you to not really notice unsmooth edges, the DS seems to suffer from that badly, as I have seen on TV and experienced with DS emulation when all graphic enhancements are off like with the DS.

The DS's graphics are good for cartoon like things, 3d stage environments and emulations (that stupid dog game), but as soon as you get to overhead stages like from what i could see, that zelda game and FF3, the walls really look bad and the textures look messedup when displayed over a short distance.

It probably is me just being fussy, but I do not think that 3D in the case of that zelda game was the best thing for the DS, although it shows what it can do in both positive and negitave ways.

I will play it as soon as DS hinge emulation comes, but then it will look better than on the DS definatly due to I am certian the DS does not use 8*AA and 16*AF when rendering.

Well sorry for this graphic rant, but it is the most doticable thing I saw from the adverts ect.

I am sure it will be a great game non the less, and people say emulators run it near perfectly but for hinge problems.

Dude, you would've been a great Games reporter :thumbs_up:

Level 18
Phantom Hourglass is a great game, the boss battles actually need you to think a little bit, which I think is great. But all Zelda games have semi complicated boss battles, so it's just the game nature really. The ship is customizable, which is a nice little feature, riding around shooting stuff with your ships cannon on the customized ship...good stuff. And using the touch screen might seem annoying but you get uesd to it, and I think it's a great way to play the game
I would give it a 8.5 outta 10, a must buy
And AND there is WiFi multiplayer, and having bought the WiFi adapter, it is being used to the fullest
Definetely a must buy guys

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
enulators have the best setup thoe.
You can use your left hand to run all the buttons in a small area while accuratly using your right to move the mouse which in return acts as the styrus on the lower screen so if your brain can handle whats going on (both using the mouse and the keyboard at the same time while evading / doing stuff) you should be able to outpreform a actual DS as far as action capability.

Level 26
enulators have the best setup thoe.
You can use your left hand to run all the buttons in a small area while accuratly using your right to move the mouse which in return acts as the styrus on the lower screen so if your brain can handle whats going on (both using the mouse and the keyboard at the same time while evading / doing stuff) you should be able to outpreform a actual DS as far as action capability.
bah, DS emus run ridiculously slow on my computer.

Level 4
I would really like them to do 4 things with the new zelda series to break away from the regularity of their games
1) Include other characters in the game who actually do more than look pretty and send you on quests. Hey if the world was being taken over by an evil force you would think someone else would actually care to fight too.
2)Random up the boss fights, the whole find the special thing to hurt the boss type fighting is kinda boring. Theres no real fighting just as sequence of events that happen, grabble the dragons tail, swing, jump off, big rock hits bug and do it again and again until its weakened enough that 2 stabs will kill it.
3)They have a problem with making zelda too weak, its kind of sad to see that despite she carries the triforce of wisdom shes totally helpless in each instance....
4) If the Legend of Zelda series is really all about saving zelda why dont they actually let you play her for once? Even if its for like 5 mins, they battle the whole zelda doesnt really ahve her own powers (thinks smash bros) her powers are based on teh 3 things given to her from link Dins fire, Faories Wind and Naaryu's Love. And when you finally get to interact with her as link you have to leave or something....

And if they want to address the problem of voice acting they need to include more grunts and what not and other things and finally build up until when you include voice acting no one will be surprised, it'll be like oh yeah, thats sure sounds like zelda etc.....

This long post is not to rag on the zelda series,they are really awesome but the producers have reached a point where they have abused the in-game system to the point that any new zelda games are just like the older ones except that they have a different look.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Idea 1 sounds quite good if it was built in properly, they could be like AI that follow you around, like up to 3 of them that once they get hit too much get sent back to where you found them, could allow a basic multiplayer by letting other humans use the weaker heroes.

Point 2 could easily be solved if they bothered to think more about their bosses and remove the so called "tutorial" hit where you just get used to the pattern. Basicly bosses need more moves, and atleast 1 mega move that is eithor really strong or hard to avoid to make it more interesting.

Point 3 is because Japanies are sexist and can not have a female being on par with the main hero easily.

Point 4 if zelda was the main hero of the game, ganandorf would most likely be a good guy since they are both as likely to happen.

The fact is link is owned by a bunch of people who plan the game for kids to easily win, if they put a little thought behind it I am sure it could become better than it already is.

Level 4
Idea 1 sounds quite good if it was built in properly, they could be like AI that follow you around, like up to 3 of them that once they get hit too much get sent back to where you found them, could allow a basic multiplayer by letting other humans use the weaker heroes.

Point 3 is because Japanies are sexist and can not have a female being on par with the main hero easily.

Point 4 if zelda was the main hero of the game, ganandorf would most likely be a good guy since they are both as likely to happen.
QUOTE]

Lol very true. I am just a bit concerned because it seems to me that they are starting to shift some of their focus towards an older teenage audience and if thats so they need to get past the basic setup they continue to use.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Actually, they just need to make more chanelnging puzzles and longer games, since the last protiable one (the minish cap) only had a shifty 6 dungeons while some of the orignal GBC ones had like 12+ odd and with really hard and complex puzzles in them (some were more than 16*16 grids in size while the minish caps were only 5 rooms atmost).

Level 18
Ohh yea all those super weapons..those were crazy
There were so many differant codes and just everything
I do believe that was one of the best Zelda games I've played
Though I'm still not through Phantom Hourglass and it's pretty awesome so far

Status
Not open for further replies.