• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ocarina of Time might be coming to 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Old news, but i felt like posting it anyway.

Quote from 1up;

We've seen a short teaser demo with the Ocarina of Time title screen, more or less confirming this rumor. This appears to be legit, Ocarina of Time is coming to the 3DS.
The Nintendo 64 classic The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time may be coming to the Nintendo 3DS, according to allegedly leaked images from Nintendo.

1UP user OKeijiDragon blogged about the find earlier today, saying that he found the images tucked away in the company's E3 press packet.

The images have since been removed, but we've rehosted them below.

If this is legit, it's a definite buy for me.

2.png

5.png

0.png

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Square enix did that with their FF7 intro.

Lots of companies do it to get their programmers used to new hardware or to show off what games could look like on hardware.

However again, the pictures shown lack interface and are not in the usual play camera. This points towards very early production footage showing off the most basic of mechanics if the game is going through production.

TLW

TLW

Level 2
It's all well and good updating the graphics into 3d etc, but I hope they add some new stuff instead of just a complete remake with higher graphics.

Will be awesome, don't get me wrong, could just be a bit more fun with some new area's and mini games.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
i have used emulators to play games that i purchased. i havent found any gamecube emulator that can legally run games though. so, unless i find that i play my gamecube games either on gamecube or wii.

Dolphin the nentindo wii / gamecube emulator.
Open source, 100% legit.

Ofcouse there are bugs, and emulation can be slow if you lack the processor for it but they have super smash bros brawl, mario galaxy 1 and 2 and some people even have footage of the brand new sonic colours running on it.

You are better of emulating the N64 version of OoT though cause basically that is what the gamecube version is already. An emulator running an emulator is a bit wasteful.

Interesting... but why the DS?
Cause the 3DS is physically more powerful than the N64 it came from and should be capable of PS2 quality rendering with modern effects. They could make if for wii but it would be drowned out by skyward sword and compete with the gamecube port and wind waker and twilight princess. They also need a solid launch title, and what is more solid than a remake (not another port, a remake) of the all time classing OoT. Hopefully they fix the bugs demonstrated in the video I linked.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The lattest version of that emulator runs ligitimit versions of games perfectly. Ofcourse you do have to rip them from the orignal disk to hard drive (like the PS3 and 360 let you do to their games for better load times) before it can run them. It includes the tools to do this I heard.

That however is (or should be) perfectly legal as you own the game, the game is not being distributed to people who do not and the game is not being modified or reverse engineered. Gamecube games can be problimatic due to their odd size (only certain DVD players can read them) but you can just source the data for your game from somwhere else as you do legally own a copy of the game.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Graphically, Sony and its NGP seems to beat the 3DS maswsivly as far as graphics go (with graphics comparable to current generation consoles atleast visually). The 3DS however should be capable of PS2 level graphics.

Do rememeber that games do not need to take advantage of its 3D capabilities I believe. Doing so will give slightly over double the time to render each frame which should allow for some prety good graphics of its own. That is if it has enough memory in the system to permit for such graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.