• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BLP <-> TGA Converter

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A simple shell file converting BLP to TGA and reverse.
Contents

BLP TGA Converter (Binary)

Reviews
16:31, 22nd Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: There are other tools with a GUI interface which do a lot more than this.
This works for me (I have Vista). It's perfect for icons and for backgrounds, but for certain User Iterface things like borders it screws up. (It also will not convert .tga images to .blp if the dimensions are weird) All you have to do is drag a .blp onto it and it makes a .tga version of your .blp image. Then, after editing, you need to flip the .tga image upside down and save it (preferablly as something different, otherwise you'll have to delete the .blp in your folder before you convert it back). Drag your saved .tga onto the thing and it converts it back to .blp.

noj

noj

Level 4
Tells me my width and hieght of tga has to be squared, took me 4 tries to get a screentshot well the window was still open, but i got it and thats what it said...

Level 27
This is a awesome tool, and it works very simple, but...
After one convert it went bunkers.
First Convert: Fine.
Second Convert: Now it begins the upside down thingy.
Third Convert: Doesent work? Wtf?

After the third convert nothing at all happened when i dragged my file ontop of it, it just opened a black box for about ½ second and then shut down again. And yes, my picture WERENT converted. Anyone know the cause of this?

Edit: Nvm people, i know the cause of this bug: Vista... sigh.

Level 1
Here is how to use the program, since people seem to have some trouble with it. If dragging the file into the program does NOT work for you (it didn't work for me) then try this (I got mine to work like this):

1. After your download the file, do NOT change the filename.
2. Cut, copy or move the file into C:\Windows.
3. Go to your start menu and click on "Run".
4. Type CMD and press enter.
5. In the command promt, type -> BLPconv
6. Press space once, then enter your file (tga or blp) directory.
7. Press space again and enter the directory that you want the converted file to go.
8. Press enter and wait until it is done converting.

*NOTE: Very important: Make sure that when you put your directory in, surround every space with "", and also include file extension name (.tga or .blp) for both input file and output file. Take a look at the example below to make sure you are doing it right.

Example:
BLPconv C:\Program" "Files\CustomUnitPicture.tga D:\Warcraft" "3\UnitPic.blp

Hope you don't have any more problems with it! :)

Level 1
Thats really a nice Programm and for everyone who didn´t understand it, drag the file you want to convert on the cpnverter exe and drop it. it gets automaticly convertet

Level 19
Hmm... I know some of you might've gotten it to work through a link, but it appears to be broken. I hope somebody would help me, because I see the Black Box too :(

Edit: I've tried dragging it to, it became some TGA File, is that supposed to happen? I'm really sorry if I'm wrong.

Level 4
Hmm... I know some of you might've gotten it to work through a link, but it appears to be broken. I hope somebody would help me, because I see the Black Box too :(

Edit: I've tried dragging it to, it became some TGA File, is that supposed to happen? I'm really sorry if I'm wrong.

Yes! That's what it is, a .blp <-> .tga converter, brilliant little program this, I wonder why it hasn't been approved...

Level 1
It flips the image vertically, also it would be usefull if you can drag multiple files into it. Anyway this is the best blp <=> tga converter, easy to use, fast and it works perfect!
5/5

Level 2
Its already been said many times but I suppose another positive comment can't hurt. This is really convienent, you literally only need to open a window with the application and a window with your files and just drag them across, literally onto the application; don't even have to open it. I like it.

Level 2
i have dragged bmp and tga files on the BLPconv icon and only black box appeared for half a second and nothing happened. I don't know what i'm doing wrong :sad:
but on the blp files it is working and converting me to tga

Level 1
Format TGA

Image Size (16x16; 32x32... 512x512 etc.)
TGA file 24bits/pixels
Drop-on-BLPconv

Level 13
I get this error:

The width and the height of the input TGA must be power of two

edit: File dimensions must be correct... i had 500x500 instead of 512x512 :)

But you should change that the file will not written under AppData\Local\Temp.... It should be the same folder as the input tga!!!

Edit2: After successfully convertation the image has one little issue :) It's upside down XD

Level 15
WARNING: Do not use this tool. It can bug up your textures and they are not shown in-game. This is confirmed - I converted a texture with this tool and it didn't show in-game, tried converting it again and re-checked all the settings in the World Editor, it still didn't work, then I downloaded Warcraft III Viewer and converted the texture with it, and it worked, the texture was shown in-game.

In short, use Warcraft III Viewer to convert BLP <-> TGA.

Level 15
Hey Alok, do you quoting me? I see your name in Last Alerts
When you reply to a thread you start to "watch" it, which means you become subscribed to it, and when someone else writes a message in that same thread, you get an alert. I don't need to quote you for you to get an alert, you get it by me just writing a message in the thread. However, you only get one message alert from a thread until you see it, so there is only one alert from me replying after your post - that's why it says "There may be more posts after this" in the alert, only the first post is alerted. If I quote you your alert would say "Alok quoted your post in the <thread>".

Level 4
When you reply to a thread you start to "watch" it, which means you become subscribed to it, and when someone else writes a message in that same thread, you get an alert. I don't need to quote you for you to get an alert, you get it by me just writing a message in the thread. However, you only get one message alert from a thread until you see it, so there is only one alert from me replying after your post - that's why it says "There may be more posts after this" in the alert, only the first post is alerted. If I quote you your alert would say "Alok quoted your post in the <thread>".
I already answer it to your Profile Post. I just forgot

So, im Sorry :D