• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Converting WoW-files: *.tga/ --> *.blp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys,

I want to make a WoW-Creature compatible for WC3FT and I'm now at the texture-converting. I've found a Tutorial for it, and in that, you have to convert the WoW-.blp file into a .png file (because of the alpha) and now I'm on to convert this .png to .blp again, because WoW-blp's are not compatible with WC3. There's now the problem...I have no program to convert *.png's into *.blp.

Here are my questions:

-> Is there a program to convert *.png into *.blp?
-> Is the Alpha lost when I convert the *.png into *.tga?
-> If the Alpha doesn't get lost, when I convert the *.png-file into a *tga-file, can I load it into the WcIII_Image_Extractor and save it again as a *.blp-file? Is it then really comptible for WC3?

Thanks for the upcoming help.
mfg. Wrathblade

Level 1
Help

Take the png, open it with Photoshop and save it as a TGA (NON COMPRESSED). Then use Warcraft 3 Image Extractor and change the TGA into a BLP.

Level 2
Re: Help

Clanless_Doteh said:
Take the png, open it with Photoshop and save it as a TGA (NON COMPRESSED). Then use Warcraft 3 Image Extractor and change the TGA into a BLP.

Yes, yes, I know. :roll: But I don't want to buy Photoshop to change the filetype. Isn't there any other chance to convert the *.png?

Level 2
and *.tga doesn't hold the Alpha...?

Thats my problem. WoW Textures are loosing their Alpha is I convert them direct to *.tga, so first I have to conert them to *.png...but then I haven o idea how to go on...

EDIT:

Does "The Gimp" support Alpha? And is there a possiblity to create a *.tga-file whose Alpha isn't getting lost.

Level 2
Try using Wc3 Image Extractor II.exe to save the files as .tga, then Warcraft 3 Viewer.exe to convert to .blp. I cant say 100% sure it works, but both apps are free and from this site, and Warcraft 3 Viewer.exe supports alpha, so try it. I only do icons, not sure how similar their alpha is to skins....

Level 2
The Wc3Viewer does not work on my system...I don't know why.. :oops:

Maybe a *.dll-file is missing, but thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.