1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BloodElf-SpellThief.blp

Submitted by kokt
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Hey! This is a Fallen spell breaker, its originally for a map i am making about a new race called the Fallen, but i thought it was good and wanted to upload it...
anyways just so you know, i am a (shamefully) Noob skin maker :/.... so please don't go hating on my skin just cause its not perfect, its my first try!

NOTICE: The shield is, in fact, auriels shield from skyrim, it was meant as my fallen race will look alot like skyrim, it was copied and pasted to the skin with minor changes (flipped, smoothed around edges, re colored), the rule section stated that 25% is allowed CnP, I am off the hook! also the rules state that usefulness of the skin could be an exception, and personally i think this skin gives a great med evil effect in game...

Keywords:
Spell, Breaker, Fallen, Elf, Grey, bloodelf, Evil,
Skyrim, auriel
Contents

FallenSpellBreaker (Texture)

Reviews
17:49, 17th Jul 2014 Misha: as useful as it might be, the whole texture is really having a large lack of shadows and highlights, while that shield is over-detailed.. if you take a look at the 'runic thane' texture that was linked for you, you'll see...
  1. 17:49, 17th Jul 2014
    Misha: as useful as it might be, the whole texture is really having a large lack of shadows and highlights, while that shield is over-detailed..
    if you take a look at the 'runic thane' texture that was linked for you, you'll see why we value freehand over CnP.

so.. nice idea, but it isn't really war3-ish.

2. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    nope.. its nice
    (but the face look too red)

3. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    The blade looks like it's made of stone but the robe and shield details are very nice.

4. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    That shield texture looks like it was copy-pasted from another custom texture >.>

That shield texture is taken from this!

5. Mechmap

Mechmap

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To me it looks like it was taken from Auriel's Shield from skyrim. I don't really see a similarity to the runic thane skin.

Auriel's Shield

6. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Maybe, but it also resembles Daenar's shield texture:p
    Anyway CnP's are not allowed!

7. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very pretty cool skin if you ask me. Good work!

8. Sellenisko

Sellenisko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Yeah it does look like Auriel shield. I believe CnP are allowed only partly. There are some rules that the skin must be painted freehanded at least about some percents or something like that. Even if its good idea I dont think moderators from texture section are gonna approve this.

9. Argos

Argos

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually it looks pretty interesting. Can be useful and i think it should get approved.

10. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I know that Kwaliti (textures moderator) won't like this too much:/

11. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The shield looks original enough to me.

Heinvers are you sure you don't need glasses? The two shields (runic and this) look completely different lol.

12. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I can see perfectly fine, I was just saying that it resembles Daenar's shield too. Anyway the shield texture it's obviously a CnP giving the rest of this texture.

13. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Footman: It actually resembles the shield that Mechmap linked.

I've been duped! /kidding

[​IMG]

14. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    its the same shield. he just flipped it horizontally. notice the darker part located on his skin(left) and the original shield(right)

15. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, the kidding part was the "I've been duped" comment. ahaha...

16. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
  17. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I noticed that now but my main point was the comment about it looking like Daenar7's shield which it looked nothing like but either way. I do see that it is CnP'd from that shield, didn't look at it earlier.

18. kokt

kokt

Resources:
    Resources:
    I admit that i have CnP the shild from auriels shild beause i was facinated by its desing, the idea of the fallen race is for it to look lt alot like skyrim, However in the rule section 25% CnP is allowed, so the fact that the shild (orpart of it) is copied and paste does not break the rules in any way, any ways thanks for the great feedback so far :)

19. kokt

kokt

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is made of stone!