• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Blizzard's Starcraft II Mapmaking Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I am from Serbia and I can't enter?
Fuking blizzard. I'm gona go somewhere else and swear on racist and national level.
Don't insult pls. it won't change anything only ruin bad reputation of our county even more! :sad:

Is serbia in the EU?
Nope, and it won't be for next 10 years or more -.-
It's 2 sad to speak about that here!

Level 22
New map makers that come today tend to be under 15 and veterans tend to be above.

I suppose such veterans like IllidianEvilX, RDZ, Olofmoleman are like 'wtf im doing here among these kids' and they arent around anymore. Explainable and I would feel the same way.

Is serbia in the EU?

I think it's not who's in the EU and who is not, I think it is based on their partners/retailers that as I said, the list looks like a list of countries in which Blizzard does business:

http://media.wow-europe.com/promo/index_en.html /couldnt find the full list of licensed by Blizz retailers/

Last edited:
Level 22
damn,i hope starcarft nibbits map wont win!

A bunch of noobs asking for launchers and cracks have no place in the competition. They were vene working on emulator, that's not real fan of a game if you will play some shitty server, that's retardness. I know it cause I've seen what a private server in war3 was in 2003 then I bought war3. That's what Nibbits are, crackers and tards. One of the reasons I left an old forum /battleforums/ was that they still supported hax for SC, well I didnt let them do it for war3 when I was in their staff but still..

Level 36
I'll do environment concepts / level design if I'm convinced that our team's good enough. I'm already working on another project, but I can squeeze in time to do some modding. I wouldn't be able to terrain the entire map, but I'm always overflowing with concepts and ideas, and I'm probably better at conceptual level design than actual work in the editor.

Level 11
I'll do environment concepts / level design if I'm convinced that our team's good enough. I'm already working on another project, but I can squeeze in time to do some modding. I wouldn't be able to terrain the entire map, but I'm always overflowing with concepts and ideas, and I'm probably better at conceptual level design than actual work in the editor.

Well I hope you're being sarcastic because the prize is ONE ticket to Blizzcon not 2 or more.... so unless you feel like fighting over who gets the ticket, I suggest doing it alone.

Level 23
You are not allowed to submit it in public during the contest anyway, so it would not count.

To enter, a qualified entrant will complete the entry checklist and thereafter submit an original, unreleased, UMS custom map created with the StarCraft II World Editor

Level 3
Bought starcraft 2 only recently, but I kinda hooked off the editor when I saw the editor that confused me allmost as much as the warcraft editor did when I first opened it.

Seems like Ill have to start with the basics, but the Starcraft II hive dissapoints me. 9/10 threads are about people whining about the editor beeing too hard, and then the other 10% of the threads is about people whining its too hard... =.=

PS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzwach
Because clearly, Blizzard isn't allowing certain places to join the contest just because they don't like them.

What, so I can't join this competition cuz Im' from a minor country not listed? It's so ridiculous that minorities are NOT ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE!

FAIL

The Netherlands is an itty-bitty tiny country, but I may contest aswell.., its probably not blizzard's fault but ur country's. Same as its because of The Netherland's government that we may not contest in WoW's arena contest

Level 11
Man I haven't seen so much Blizzard bashing since I checked the official SC2 forums lol.

Ok well you guys don't seem to understand the situation Blizzard is doing, it's not Blizzard the problem it's your country, state, province the problem. To be exact here's the problem, in some countries the gouvernment creates this bullshit law about recieving a X% of the contest prize, in Quebec it's 10% so basically 500$ just got removed cause of the gouvernment, it's best if you guys talk to the legal blizzard department about this and understand why your country isn't listed.

Since the majority of international contests don't allow these countries\states or provinces to begin with.

[email protected]

Level 13
For all those posters claiming blizzard sucks cause of the age and country restrictions, it has little to do with blizzard not liking you or you're country, but allot more with laws and political allowance of your the country you live in.
Do you really think blizzard cares where you come from? As long as it is a quality resource it's their gain too.

P.S Don't forget to not rage out and think twice before you post.

Level 4
hhmmm... im abit confused... i am 13, living in new south wales - Australia (which is eligable) but im not sure what age i need to be, just a little confused. and i am turning 14 in september the 2nd ( so i will be 14 by the time of submissions), someone please explain if i am elgiable or not :)

Level 12
For all those posters claiming blizzard sucks cause of the age and country restrictions, it has little to do with blizzard not liking you or you're country, but allot more with laws and political allowance of your the country you live in.
Do you really think blizzard cares where you come from? As long as it is a quality resource it's their gain too.

P.S Don't forget to not rage out and think twice before you post.

The senate of my nation though that Counter Strike was too violent and insinuated the agression to legal military forces, and got banned for 2 years, so... Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.