• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard's next project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Blizzard is already working on a secret project code named Project Hydra. From what I remember it's a MMORPG.

Level 6
Make a starcraft first person shooter, i wanna shoot Zerglings!

I am currently learning C# and gonne use some other software to make games, if Blizzard doesn't make it, i will make a SC FPS, it will be a hobbie : )

If i were to make that game i'd make it so if you shoot a hydralisk in the face, its head will explode ina a bloody gorey mess, spallter the walls and the celing!!! I'd make it so if you injure a Zergling, you can stomp on its head and crush it, but that still wont be enough blood! you would be rolling along in a seige tank, then a lurker unbarrows right next to your freind, rip the hull open, rip one guy out and slice the other, then you must face it, i'd make it like a mini boss fight, if you make a direct hit, its enitire body will just splatter and it would be cool.

either that or they should remake ghost, but make it...Better!

Level 34
Make a starcraft first person shooter, i wanna shoot Zerglings!

I am currently learning C# and gonne use some other software to make games, if Blizzard doesn't make it, i will make a SC FPS, it will be a hobbie : )

If i were to make that game i'd make it so if you shoot a hydralisk in the face, its head will explode ina a bloody gorey mess, spallter the walls and the celing!!! I'd make it so if you injure a Zergling, you can stomp on its head and crush it, but that still wont be enough blood! you would be rolling along in a seige tank, then a lurker unbarrows right next to your freind, rip the hull open, rip one guy out and slice the other, then you must face it, i'd make it like a mini boss fight, if you make a direct hit, its enitire body will just splatter and it would be cool.

either that or they should remake ghost, but make it...Better!
Not so sure one man can do all this by himself with very little experience with C#, but good luck.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard is working on Diablo 3.

Level 23
Diablo 3? i think...

They already have a StarCraft FPS called StarCraft: Ghost. I think it has to be Diablo 3.

I think not... A friend of mine was on the last previous Blizzcon. What I heard from him is that the rights of diablo 3 has been bought up by another company (dont remember who) on the condition that the name of the game wouldn't be diablo 3.

Level 23
Yea I will see if I can get some information about it.

After all, your right, rumours are apreading quickly, just like those who thought d3 already was out, and payed before buying it...

Level 19
SC ghost was more like a Splinter Cell with some FPS action, but it wasn't that good, they dont even sell it anymore so...

maybe they should make a new series?

Blizzard Entertainment never released it because it wasn't good enough to compete against Splinter Cell. Also it would perhaps be better if Blizzard Entertainment sticked with PCs and Apples instead of changing to other platforms.

Level 23
When I was searching around, I found some interesting things said...
I don't know your reactions though.

Blizzcon 2008: Diablo 3 announcement?
Published May 13th, 2008 in Diablo News, Diablo 3 rumors, Diablo 3 in the media, Diablo 3 humor and Blizzard. 0 Comments
Blizzcon 2008 has just been announced. For those interested to attend, it will be on Oct 10 and 11th at the Anaheim Convention center in California. The price for a ticket is $100.

Part of the lure for going to BlizzCon 2008 is the beta keys that you get which can get you into Starcraft 2 or another future Blizzard release.

So should we expect Diablo 3? There’s a ton of people on different game sites that argue (with passion) that the time has come for a Diablo 3 announcement. They bring up the job postings on Blizzard’s site, they talk about the next-gen MMO that’s currently in the works.

Don’t get me wrong, my hopes are high as well. And there’s my skeptical side that says … just look at the way Blizzard listed the franchises in their press release:

"BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding Blizzard Entertainment®’s Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises."

Notice how Diablo has permanently moved to the back of queue. Hope this is all part of a plan to cover up what they’re doing, so they can surprise us!
Diablo3.com goes to Blizzard
Published May 3rd, 2008 in Diablo News, Diablo 3 rumors, Diablo 3 in the media and Blizzard. 7 Comments
The owner of Diablo3.com has “confessed” he has transferred the domain to Blizzard. Here’s the gist:

"A few months ago we were contacted by Blizzard in regards to the Diablo3.com domain name. While they appreciate all the work that’s been put into running this big Diablo fan community over the years, they still want the domain name. Hmm, I wonder why?"

I wonder why myself. It could be that Blizzard’s lawyers decided it’s high time they earn their keep. I mean apart from telling Uwe Boll to go blow when it comes to a WoW movie, they haven’t done anything.

Hmm, I wonder why Diablo2.com is still independent then. It has been out for YEARS and it’s a clear violation of the Diablo trademark. Blizzard can get it by just writing to ICANN. I think they care NOT about Diablo 2.

So although Blizzard do acquire domains (as they told the owner of Diablo3.com), I find their timely interest in Diablo 3 suspicious. Not in a bad way, though. I’d just love to hear more about Diablo 3!

The first one could prove something, I dont know...
But the second one looks interesting doesnt it?

My statement before, I know it didn't hold... So I could most likely be all wrong. Ill see if I can find out something more

Level 23
And you cant lure something out of him perhaps :p?

Anyway I find it amusing how some people thinks the faked vids on youtube are real ^
I wonder how and by what help they created this trailer though.

Diablo III trailer (fake)

Redmarine, i see:p

Anyway Ill try to find more
Edit: The video above is seeming very similiar to the game Archlord. They say exaclty the same things on the video below-.-

Archlord

Level 6
I think not... A friend of mine was on the last previous Blizzcon. What I heard from him is that the rights of diablo 3 has been bought up by another company (dont remember who) on the condition that the name of the game wouldn't be diablo 3.

Oh that probably was Hellgate: London. Diablo still belongs to Blizzard, though. FYI: Hellgate: London was developed by Flagship Studios; it was formerly Blizzard North. More Rumors: Project HYDRA is Diablo 3 in the works.

Level 23
It looks like Project Hydra will not be Diablo 3. I found another article.

Blizzard has three projects on the go
Austin GDC 007: Super secret third project named
By Charlie Demerjian in San Francisco: Monday, 10 September 2007, 4:38 PM

WALKING AROUND GDC you hear the most interesting things. Some are official like the WoW talk, others far less so. One of latter is what Blizzard is working on, the current official list is "No comment".
We hear there are three things the company is working on, obviously WoW, Starcraft II, and a third top secret project that is not the oft-rumored Diablo III. If you happen to be walking behind Blizzard folk at AGDC, you might hear something that sounds like this.

Blizzard Employee 1: What are you working on?
Blizzard Employee 2: Starcraft II, and you?
Blizzard Employee 1: I am working on Hydra.

So now you know, start your search engines boys and girls, you have something to go on now. We hear internally it is called "Project Hydra", but we won't hold you to being so formal. µ

Hah, when I looked more closely I saw that this article is already from the late 2007. Though, it could most likely mean nothing. We dont know how long they have had their projects running.

Maybe you know brad (or someone)?

Edit: Here is also another one, release in december this year. Note its in swedish so ill try to translate it
Blizzards sida med lediga jobb har under hösten inneburit bensin på brasan vad gäller spekulationer om att ett nytt massivt onlinespel är under utveckling. I november letade de folk till just ett "next gen MMO", och spekulationerna har hållt i sig sedan dess, bland annat om huruvida det rör sig om något nytt eller ytterligare en expansion till World of Warcraft.

Nu tycks det bekräftat att det faktiskt rör sig om ett nytt projekt. En person från företaget har för ovanlighetens skull svarat på gissningarna:

"No, it is an unannounced Next-Gen MMO.
And that doesn't mean an expansion for World of Warcraft either."

Det är allt. Men det lär vara ett par stadiga dynamitgubbar i spekulationsbrasan. Diablo Online? World of Starcraft? Alltid lika tystlåtna Blizzard lär förbli hemliga ett tag till.
"Blizzards list over available jobs have during the autumn have been giving several speculations of a new massive onlinegame is under development. In november they were looking for people for a "next gen MMO", and the speculations have been held since then, for instance if its all about a new expansion pack for World of Warcraft.
Now it is apperantly confirmed that its actually a new project. A guy from the company has, like they never do normally, answered on the guesses.

"No, it is an unannounced Next-Gen MMO.
And that doesn't mean an expansion for World of Warcraft either."

Thats it. But its still lots of speculations, weather its Diablo online or World of Starcraft. The always same silenced crew of Blizzard will be disguised in secrets for a while more.
---

I dont know how my English was, but I hope its readable:p

Level 19
Lol... I saw the Trailer too on the SC2 Forums. That trailer is as fake as it can be because:
1. The soundtrack is from *Ravenholme* in Half-Life 2.
2. Blizzard would never release anything that ugly and without braking/pushing any limits in cinematics as they traditionally do every time they release new games.

Last edited:
Level 4
It was clearly stated that there won't be any talk of the future of Diablo series at Blizzard World Wide Conference. I guess you just missed the news... So another MMORPG is going to be served... Maybe something related to Blackthorne's universe???

Also Diablo MMORPG would be hard phail, it wouldn't even fit the spirit of previous games. Those who want a Diablo MMORPG are total dumbheads, who probably didn't even play any of it's series game to the fullest.

It's like Blizzard doesn't have one money-pig already...

Level 6
whats half life 2 death match and lost cost? i'm only currently on episode 2 and i want there to be more to half life 2, that game is the best FPS ever!!! all thanks to the source engine, and the gravity gun, and the Zombies are cool...but i hate the combine, they're assholes.

back to project "hydra" they must be starting a new series, either that or its Diablo 3.

Level 8
Could be anything...the named it "HYDRA" for a reason, and it could be the fictional creature, for something else; theres lots of different Hydra things. EG:
In science,
Hydra (constellation), the largest of the modern star constellations.
Hydra (moon), the third moon of the dwarf planet Pluto.
Hydra (genus), a genus of simple fresh-water animals of the class Hydrozoa.
Hydra-Centaurus Supercluster, a supercluster of galaxies.

Marvel has a criminal organisation called "Hydra", and in warhammer 40k (where sbunch of their stuff is based from) is a type of tank (well, is supposed to be, I never found).

It would be cool if they made a MMORPG of the far past in Warcraft, or in the far future in Wacraft. :D

Also, Starcraft 2 was Medusa (multi-snake heads on back of head, relating to Kerragin), and "Project Hydra" (could relate to Hydralisk, and it also has multi-heads)
Hmm...

UPDATE: There are "Hydra"'s in Warcraft, and all of the avalible jobs are related to either art, making it "run smoothly", model creation, etc; could Blizzard of changed their minds and making the Warcraft Movie a non-liveaction and completly animated one! Just look at the jobs; sure, they say that they are for "next-gen MMO", but the actual job would be related to special effects/better running game(movie)/art.

Hmmm...

Last edited:
Level 4
I don't understand why they wouldn't make a Diablo 3, it makes me so mad. I mean, a storyline wouldn't be hard. With all the prime evils destroyed (presumably) there is no authoritative force in hell. And with many minor evils constantly trying to take over hell, the mortal realm, and even heaven, there is bound to be a civil war. A civil was of sin, or say, a second sin war.

See, theres a storyline right there, and i'm just some asshole who played the game a billion times. MAKE DIABLO 3 GOD DAMN YOU! MAKE IT! We, the fans, are not ASKING ANYMORE!

sorry, sorry, it just really pisses me off.

Diablo MMORPG Idea:

If you take the storyline above, and imagine 3 different "factions"

-Heaven:
You can be a lesser angel of some sort, fighting for good and order.

-Mortal (human):
Fight for wealth, happiness, honor, and all the things we humans fight for.

-Hell:
Be a bad ass demon who wants to control heaven, hell, and the mortal realm. Fight for POWER! (and maybe try to ressurect the prime evils?)

Level 12
a warcraftmmo from the past would be....Stupid and a waste of money, we already got a damn wow... we dont need another wow thats a little different, thats like changing shirts, but the same person

Level 7
It would also be hard to make a game that continued the storyline,
since WoW seems to constantly add weird stuff to it :bored:

Level 4
I kind of like the weird new storyline in all honesty, if you think about it WC3's storyline is just a collection of fantasy character stereo types. Think about it, Thrall's story line is basically Conan, but and Orc instead or a steroid fueled republican. Ins Arthas is just King Arthur, but "Evil." Arthas also sort of reminds me of the dark prince or whatever from Diablo. Hand the Night Elves are just militant hippies that sleep alot (now think about it, why would you REALLY want to sleep for thousands of years at a time, their stoned as hell on Ashenvaile chronic)

I still like the story, but i don't really care what they do to it, I just like the games

Level 7
I still like the story, but i don't really care what they do to it, I just like the games

Well I liked WoW but since the gameplay is very limited I just got tired of it and stopped playing. (I guess I'm just not into MMO's)
Anyways if Blizzard was to make a new Warcraft I think they might have to make the game take place before Warcraft 2,
or between WC2 and WC3 since they'd have to stop making expansion to WoW if they continued the story in another game.

Level 6
Do you think a Diablo MMO would do well? Diablo was a very good RPG, and an MMO based on the Diablo series might even outsell WoW. What do you think? FYI: It's almost guaranteed HYDRA is going to be another Diablo.

Status
Not open for further replies.