• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Lightning Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi.
I am trying to make a spell that resembles the lightning effects from M'uru in WoW. If you don't know, please look at that fight at the bolts he send out.

Now to the problem. I know how to make custom lightning effects (by the way, the effects Im talking about are the ones like chain lightning and finger of death etc).
However, I need mine to be pitch black. But since the black is the alpha thingy I dont know how to do this. Black is equal to transparency, and it becomes invisible instead of dark.
Basically I want a chain lightning that looks like this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ning-65963/?prev=search=lightning&d=list&r=20

Help plox.

Level 11
You can create black lightnings with that.

No, this just makes it transparent, like I said in the first post.

EDIT: I have done some research and the only way possible is to find the lightning model itself and edit the materials to "blend" instead of "addalpha" or something like that.

However I Have nno idea where that model is located in the mpqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.